Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:39 pm

It was a couple of years ago now but I've used them there with no problems...

Do the new vouchers have it on the exclusion list?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New vouchers? I thought they were discontinued awhile ago.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 3:55 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Thanks for replying. The voucher expires end of November this year. I purchased two for points online 1 year ago and used one a while ago in Marriott Copenhagen without any issues.

This is the reply I got from JW Marriott Dubai:

Dear Mr. XXX

Pleased be informed you the voucher of “DINNER FOR TWO AWARD” is not valid in JW’S Steakhouse Restaurant.

Valid only in listed Restaurants

1: Bamboo lagoon: Asian cuisine

2: Market Place : International Buffet

3: Cucina : Italian A la Carte

With non alcoholic packages.

Please feel free to contact us

Regards,

Ahmed Khan| Restaurant Reservation | JW Marriott Dubai | Abu Baker Al Siddique Road, Hamarain Centre | Deira | PO Box 16590 | Dubai | UAE

As Mr. Khan mentions I'm free to contact them I have sent two e-mails asking for an explantion as to why they only accept the voucher in some of their outlets but so far I am being ignored.

On the back of the voucher it says that Dining Awards may not be accepted at restaurants within a hotel not owened or operated by Marriott. Does anyone know if that is the case with JW's Steakhouse
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
For what it is worth, I found the food in the Italian to be very good.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
New vouchers? I thought they were discontinued awhile ago.
They no longer offer dinner for 2 certs for purchase. They do offer dinner for 2 certs for 20K points, not a good deal unless one has no other use for their points. At 1¢/pt that would be $200, or at 1.5¢/pt $300 for a dinner for 2 cert; hardly a deal IMO. I tend to redeem points at a rate of 1.5¢/pt or more for hotel stays so not a good deal for me. YMMV For more info: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/use...elextras.mi#27

FWIW, JW is JW Marriott's signature restaurant and nowhere is it mentioned on the certificates that JWs are excluded. It does mention the following exclusions:
Award is not valid at Benihana, Don Shula’s, Jackson’s All-American, Pusser’s Landing, or Ruth’s Chris® Steak House restaurants. Other exclusions are noted within hotel listings.
Award is not valid during New Year’s Eve/Day, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Regarding the statement: "Other exclusions are noted within hotel listings" below is an example of the notation for Newport Beach:

Newport Beach Marriott Hotel
& Spa
Not redeemable at:
Sam & Harry’s

For JW Marriott Hotel Dubai the are no additional exclusions noted.
Link to the PDF containing the above info: https://www.marriott.com/Multimedia/...ist_Dinner.pdf

Last edited by aaupgrade; Oct 20, 2011 at 8:48 am
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Aaupgrade, Many thanks for a very helpfull reply. I did send the list to Marriott Dubai and finally got this reply:

Mr. Xxx, please be advised the JW’s Steakhouse is not a participating outlet in this offer and that is why we offered the Cucina our Italian Cuisine Restaurant which is.

I have sent several emails to [email protected] (stated on the reverse of the voucher) requesting their opinion but I get no response. Is there another e-mail I could try?

I have little experience with Marriott Rewards. Does it happen often that properties apply their own ad hoc rules? I believe it harms the credibility of the programme.

Thank you.

Last edited by Hafnia; Oct 21, 2011 at 3:29 am Reason: iPhone typos
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Dubai Marriotts/RCs with a beach

We normally stay 2 or 3 times a year in Dubai. Typically it's at the Moevenpick Bur Dubai for Business followed by the Ritz Carlton Dubai Marina for winding down. We love that property and especially it's beach, but are willing to try different Marriott properties in the emirate.

We've read somewhere that the Ritz Carlton at the Dubai International Financial Center offers a AED200 offer to access RC Dubai Marina's facilities.
Does anyone have any more information on this? I can't find anything on the website. Is this AED200 a one-off or is it per person per day etc.?

Also, do you have any other suggestions for Beach access from a Marriott property? We've done the Jumeirah Public Beach, but I almost got arrested for lying down in the road to stop a car pushing in to the enormous queue. A hotel with it's own beach is preferred.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Bump.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Sorry to bump an old thread -

Can anyone compare the JW Dubai lounge to the executive lounge in the Ritz Carlton Financial District Dubai?

Rates are about the same for a weekend stay so not sure which one to choose.

I have never stayed in a RC and am wondering also if they treat Marriott Plats well.

thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
JW is an OLD OLD hotel and should be branded as Marriott at most. It is used by more than 8 airlines as a crew hotel. The lounge was fine but extremely busy during the cocktail hour.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Sorry to bump an old thread -

Can anyone compare the JW Dubai lounge to the executive lounge in the Ritz Carlton Financial District Dubai?

Rates are about the same for a weekend stay so not sure which one to choose.

I have never stayed in a RC and am wondering also if they treat Marriott Plats well.

thanks!
AFAIK as Plat you do not get access to the Ritz's lounge like you do for the JW. I'd Skype call them & ask. That might make a difference if lounge access is important to you. If it's not, I'd probably go w/ the RC.

Cheers.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:49 am

Thanks.

The RC has club level (lounge access) rooms for only $60 more than a room at the JW.

It might be worth it if the RC is a lot nicer.

Also they (RC) have Junior Suites for a few $ more (I presume suites allow access to lounge?)

I will call the RC and see what they say.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
AFAIK as Plat you do not get access to the Ritz's lounge like you do for the JW. I'd Skype call them & ask.

Cheers.
I e-mailed the hotel (RC Dubai Financial), and they responded within several minutes:

1. MR Plats do not get lounge access (this is consistent with MR policy)

2. Suites do not necessarily get lounge access - it must be a Club Suite.

3. Club Rooms get lounge access also.

Fortunately they had reasonable rates on Club Rooms and Club Suites, so I made a reservation. Not going until the fall, though. (pre-cruise)
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I stayed at the JW in Dubai for a week in 2009. The hotel may be old but it's kept immaculately, and I would add old for Dubai doesn't mean that old really.

The lounge is a good size and very well stocked at all times. Yes, it can get busy at cocktail times but we always found a place and the rates here can get very good. I would definitely stay again if anyone's offering...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.