Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I stayed at the JW in Dubai for a week in 2009. The hotel may be old but it's kept immaculately, and I would add old for Dubai doesn't mean that old really.
It has not been kept immaculately. It most definitely showing its age. I can dig up the photos I took in my suite and around the property and post them here.

Stayed there less than six months ago. Nowadays it is mainly an airline crew hotel. About eight airlines park the crews there during their Dubai layover.

It isn't old in an European sense, but the surrounding buildings look like from the 60's to 80's.

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
The lounge is a good size and very well stocked at all times. Yes, it can get busy at cocktail times but we always found a place and the rates here can get very good. I would definitely stay again if anyone's offering...
When I was there, it was problematic to find a place to sit during the cocktail hour. Not sure about the breakfast time as my rate included a restaurant breakfast that was good.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
their reply is not consistent with MR T&C's

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott Hotels, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts. If your hotel doesn’t have a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, we invite you to enjoy complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays. Outside the U.S. and Canada, you are entitled to continental breakfast 7 days a week. (Not available at resort locations.)

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...ts/platinum.mi

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
I e-mailed the hotel (RC Dubai Financial), and they responded within several minutes:

1. MR Plats do not get lounge access (this is consistent with MR policy)

2. Suites do not necessarily get lounge access - it must be a Club Suite.

3. Club Rooms get lounge access also.

Fortunately they had reasonable rates on Club Rooms and Club Suites, so I made a reservation. Not going until the fall, though. (pre-cruise)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
their reply is not consistent with MR T&C's

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott Hotels, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts. If your hotel doesn’t have a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, we invite you to enjoy complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays. Outside the U.S. and Canada, you are entitled to continental breakfast 7 days a week. (Not available at resort locations.)

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...ts/platinum.mi
Where does it say Ritz-Carlton on the text that you referencing?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:57 pm
Suspended

it doesn't.............. this thread is regarding the JW Dubai, isn't it?

Originally Posted by holtju2
Where does it say Ritz-Carlton on the text that you referencing?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I was referring to the Ritz Carlton.

Sorry about the confusion

(I was considering a stay at either the JW or the RC. my lounge access question was about the RC)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
it doesn't.............. this thread is regarding the JW Dubai, isn't it?
But, the person was referring to Ritz-Carlton Dubai Financial Center.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond Marriott Plat Prem
Heading to DXB this summer. Anyone have any more recent updates?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:36 am

I'd love thoughts from folks with experience as well. It appears that the Marriott Marina and the R-C in the financial district have very small pools. I'm thinking about going with my family (including two young kids) and am wondering what hotel is best intersection between space / location / pools. Would consider the Marina, JW or the RC in the financial district (which is much less expensive than the other one). Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I stayed at the JW 3 times last year- and agree with pretty much all the comments here.

I like the hotel - great lounge (definite + if you have access) and plently of food/drink options ($$$$ of course!). Nice pool on the roof - and very nice gym facilities.

I never had any problem with getting a regular metered taxi. Only drawback is location - not convenient to Burj Khalifa, Mall of Emirates, Jumeriah, etc...
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:00 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The JW pool area can get quite busy. There are time when you need to get there early to get a sunbed.
Old May 11, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
The JW Marriott Marquis is supposed to be opening in October (per web site) yet I don't see any way to book yet, even for dates well after (I'd like to book for Jan 2013). Anyone been able to book it, or know when that will be possible?
Old May 12, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum,Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by st530
The JW Marriott Marquis is supposed to be opening in October (per web site) yet I don't see any way to book yet, even for dates well after (I'd like to book for Jan 2013). Anyone been able to book it, or know when that will be possible?
I plan to make a trip there next spring with mom for her birthday. I hope it will be open by then
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:48 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by st530
The website is now saying December 2012. I was hoping to stay there over new year, but I suspect it may still be having teething problems.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Question Email contact JW Marriott Hotel Dubai

Hello,

I need some help to trying to contact the front office or concierge at the JW Marriott Hotel Dubai.

Can anybody help me with this, the website is not giving mailadresses.

Greetings Pascal
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:30 am
Suspended

Marriott websites don't list e-mail contacts (as SPG/HH/others do).....

I only have dinner reservations e-mail, but perhaps they can forward your request................jwdubai.dining@marriotthote ls.com

Originally Posted by cpspas
Hello,

I need some help to trying to contact the front office or concierge at the JW Marriott Hotel Dubai.

Can anybody help me with this, the website is not giving mailadresses.

Greetings Pascal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.