Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Update on the stolen iPad issue I posted up-thread in my review...

The hotel's loss prevention director has provided no information outside of, "we have not been able to recover it." Further, neither the LP guy nor the hotel GM are responding to subsequent inquiries.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by rflor
Update on the stolen iPad issue I posted up-thread in my review...

The hotel's loss prevention director has provided no information outside of, "we have not been able to recover it." Further, neither the LP guy nor the hotel GM are responding to subsequent inquiries.
Well that's disappointing, to say the least. Perhaps write HQ or if you have a Twitter account, tweet about it?

Cheers.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by alrvd83
I am booked here for 3 nights in September. I realize its not in a great location but my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) is that cabs are relatively cheap.

Plus I got a great rate and a stay 3, pay 2 offer. They have a pool and lounge so I should be in good shape.

Only one review on TA so far, but its far from helpful.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by lucycan
I am booked here for 3 nights in September. I realize its not in a great location but my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) is that cabs are relatively cheap.
Cabs are insanely cheap (IMO) as compared to USA or Europe. It only cost $20 for a 20 min cab ride from the airport to the marquis for 4 people and other 10-15 minute cab rides were only $3-$5.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Etihad Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Dubai Marriott Al Jaddaf

I am Platinum and stayed at the Marriott Al Jaddaf on February 4th on an award stay for 1 night. The hotel had it's soft opening just 2 weeks ago. The hotel is large but supposedly only the first 6 floors are operating. The executive lounge is operating on limited hours in the afternoon and evening only. Breakfast was in the main floor restaurant and was plentiful and varied. There were Indian, Chinese, Middle Eastern and Western options as well as a cooked to order omelet station and excellent bread and pastries and plenty of fruit and cereal. The wait staff in the restaurant were not attentive and their lack of service was really the only glitch during my stay. It was difficult to impossible to get coffee/tea which was not available for self service and milk/sugar etc was forgotten despite requests. Minor issues but frustrating as there were plenty of staff but they didn't appear to be doing anything. The rest of the staff at the hotel were excellent. Friendly. Very friendly. No one passed by without a smile and hello.

I had requested early check but was told on arrival that the hotel was full and my room was not yet ready. The front desk suggested I enjoy breakfast and then I was free to use the pool/gym and check back in a few hours. I did and my room was ready around 11.

The room was standard. I was in room 207 - there was no view and an almost annoying hum in the background from HVAC system. The bed was comfortable and the pillows down... as per my profile. The fitness area is more than adequate with about 12 aerobic machines (treadmills/ellipticals/bikes) and enough free weights and weight machines to keep the keenest gym rat happy. The locker rooms were spacious with an excellent steam and sauna. The pool, located up one level, was long enough to swim laps. It is partially shaded by a pergola type structure so you could be out of the sun while swimming. There pool furniture was very comfortable. There is a well staffed bar around the pool and an additional lounging area a short distance away from the pool. I didn't see what type of drink/food choices were available at the bar as I only swam and then left each time.

The hotel is in middle of dirt and sand and there is absolutely nothing that you can walk to from the hotel. It was a 10 minute taxi to the Dubai Mall. I can't remember the exact price of that cab ride but it was inexpensive. Cabs are plentiful at the hotel and I never waited. I think I would have preferred to stay a bit closer to the Burj somewhere on Sheikh Zayed Road, but prices were very high that night so for the price difference (free vs $700 USD) I made the right choice for me.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Originally Posted by rflor
Cabs are insanely cheap (IMO) as compared to USA or Europe. It only cost $20 for a 20 min cab ride from the airport to the marquis for 4 people and other 10-15 minute cab rides were only $3-$5.
Are there surcharges/more expensive cabs? I got a cab outside one of the hotels and it was about 30% more expensive than the journey there. Cab was much more plush (leather seats etc) but a bit of a surprise to me!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:36 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ellie_nz
Are there surcharges/more expensive cabs? I got a cab outside one of the hotels and it was about 30% more expensive than the journey there. Cab was much more plush (leather seats etc) but a bit of a surprise to me!
That would be a hotel car (normally a Lexus). You can specify you want a normal taxi, but you may have to wait a bit longer.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That would be a hotel car (normally a Lexus). You can specify you want a normal taxi, but you may have to wait a bit longer.
Ah thanks, I didn't realize. We were at the Burj Al Arab so not sure if they allow normal cabs in. I presume not. Wasn't too dear anyway but good to know for other hotels.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I'm just completed a stay at the Marriott Al Jaddaf, and I was favorably impressed. The hotel is a short 15-minute cab ride from DXB; my ride cost AED 44 (including the AED 25 airport departure meter start). As a Marriott Gold, I was assigned a room on the fourth floor facing the Burj Khalifa. The room was nice and well-apportioned, and the bedding was comfortable. The executive lounge on the sixth floor is very nice. I was able to make a dinner out of the food offerings last night, and the breakfast this morning -- the first day the lounge was opened for breakfast -- was also good. I requested and was granted a 3:30 p.m. late check-out.

I can't compare the Al Jaddaf to other Marriotts in Dubai, as this is the only one I have stayed at, but I certainly would recommend this one. The downside is that it is isolated; the upside is that it is close to DXB and taxis in Dubai are relatively inexpensive. This hotel makes for a good use of Marriott Rewards certificates for as long as it remains a Category 5 property.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Platinum Prem (Life Plat), Hilton Diamond, A Club
Marquis

The second tower of the Marquis is now partially open. Approximately 90 rooms are in operation. The rooms and furnishings are identical to those in the first tower.

Currently there is only an Executive Lounge in the first "A" Tower
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Marriott-family hotels in Dubai, UAE

Heading in November for holiday.
Is the JW marquis not the most convenient for tourists?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by UpperDeckDude
The second tower of the Marquis is now partially open. Approximately 90 rooms are in operation. The rooms and furnishings are identical to those in the first tower.

Currently there is only an Executive Lounge in the first "A" Tower
Dud they say when the second tower will be fully open?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I have a room booked at the new Al Jaddaf for September (on a pay 2 get 3 promo) but am thinking I might use points as I have so many. Should I move to the JW? Which one? I will be there only for R&R and will want to do all the regular touristy things. Walkable location a plus but cab rides are OK. I appreciate anyone's input. Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Originally Posted by lucycan
I have a room booked at the new Al Jaddaf for September (on a pay 2 get 3 promo) but am thinking I might use points as I have so many. Should I move to the JW? Which one? I will be there only for R&R and will want to do all the regular touristy things. Walkable location a plus but cab rides are OK. I appreciate anyone's input. Thanks!
We stayed at the Marquis for 5 nights back in March. We were very happy with the whole property.One of the best exec lounges we have enjoyed anywhere. Nice pool for a late afternoon relax after a busy day.

The Marquis is a bit isolated as it is located in the developing Business Bay area which is pretty much a building site. You cannot walk anywhere. All the F&B outlets are excellent not that you need to eat outside the Exec Lounge unless you want to. The Arabic restaurant at the Marquis was a delight and an experience. taxis are cheap but also you can you use a Lexus limo for more cost if you want a car immediately. The hotel also run two shuttle buses. One goes to and from the Dubai Mall every 20 mins throughout the day and the other goes to the beach once per hour.

Our room was on the 63rd floor with great views 9of the desert and the building sites). The Exec Lounge covers a whole floor of the tower.

All in all we were very happy with the choice and plan to return next year same time.
Old May 1, 2014, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This was reported in the exec lounge sticky & since it provided more info than I need for the sticky, thought I'd provide the info here. Thanks for LKO for the info:

JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
April 2014
Executive Lounge on 37th floor (entire floor) is open 24/7

Breakfast 6 AM to 10:30 AM (Sun to Thurs)
Breakfast 6 AM to 11 AM (Fri, Sat & public holidays)
Afternoon tea 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Happy hours 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Selection of beverages 6:30 to 9:00 PM
Sweet bites 9:30 PM to midnight
All day selection of hot beverages, soft drinks, juices, & water

Lounge also includes concierge desk and business center with 4 computers & printer

edited to add that the selection of beverages served (by a staff member) include alcoholic beverages, but only from 6:30 to 9:00 PM
platinum amenity is 500 points or food/drink amenity

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.