Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 23, 2001, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select

Looking at staying in Dubai at either the Marriott or the Renaissance. Any comments on either property??

Thanks!
-Jeff
Old May 1, 2005, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Courtyard opens first property in Dubai

Marriott International (NYSE:MAR) recently announced the opening of the 165-room Courtyard by Marriott Green Community Dubai. This magnificent Marriott property marks the entry of the first Courtyard brand in the UAE.

http://www.ameinfo.com/56499.html
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:19 pm

Marriott Executive Apts DUBAI

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Executive Apts in Dubai?

If so, feedback please.

I read one very very negative review at Yahoo. Can they be that bad ?
Old Oct 18, 2005, 11:39 am

Dubai

Anyone stayed at any of the Dubai properties recently, particularly the JW? Anyone got any views on these?

I was looking for an interesting way to use the 2 free nights vouchers I got recently.

Ta
Old Nov 13, 2005, 2:55 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Renaissance or JW in Dubai

Any views on which is better?

It does not look as though the JW has a Club Lounge which would surrprise me.

TIA

Regards

John
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:34 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Have only stayed at the JW in Dubai. Has an excellent lounge with WiFi access.
Traffic is bad in both areas so it depends where you are doing business.

Could not get into either for the Air Show next week.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:32 pm

Programs: nwa plat ual elite hilton diamond marriott platinum hertz presidents circle
Marriott's in Dubai

I am looking for some advice on which Marriott to stay at while in Dubai. I have narrowed it down to the Marriott Apts the Courtyard(Green Zone) or the JW

thanks in advance for the help
Old Nov 30, 2005, 1:59 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
Jw

I just checked out of the JW yesterday for my second stay this year.

Facilities, service, food are all excellent and I would strongly recommend. When I was there in May, I met Mr. Marriott (the younger) himself who was visiting.

They treat platinums especially well and the lounge is outstanding, with custom eggs in the morning, a two hour cocktail hour with great snacks and free wireless internet. It is open until 230 in the morning to accomodate those arriving on those pesky night flights. There is a concierge on duty outside the lounge 24 hours per day to assist with anything you need.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:17 am

I also add my vote for the JW. Marriott Dubai for all the reasons that the previos poster mentioned.

Dan
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:26 pm
cpx

Programs: Many
I have not stayed at this apt/hotel, but I can give you some
general comments:

overall, I think apartments in Dubai are nice!
nice as in clean and good service.

Only thing i see, is there is limited non-smoking availability, but
I never had an issue of finding a good room.

I've stayed at 3 different Le Meridien, 4 points sheraton (Bur dubai)
several times at Airport Millenium (Emirates wing)
(A best western in/near Sharjah) I liked Apartments better than the hotels
(I dont care about on-site restaurants or breakfasts.. dubai has
a lot of good restaurants around) I've stayed at a couple of
no-name apartments, but dont remember the names.

One of the cheapest Le Meridien was among the best.. great
service, clean rooms.. It was small and it was in Deira.. dont remember
the name though.

Overall from my experience, if its a big chain, it would not be bad.

I've stayed there on half a dozen times over the past two years..
and I've never had a bad experience.

Only thing bad about Dubai was the traffic .... during peak hours.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM/CRC; IC Platinum RA; Fairmont Premier
Residences at the Hyatt Regency

I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency Residences and it is real nice there. You, of course, get all the benefits of the hotel, but in a long term arrangement. Fitness center, bar/lounge downstairs (alot of Eastern European women on the prowl). The location is near the old town Dubai instead of the newer super high rise section as you come from the west. The hotel is also connected to a mall.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
i am also interested in thoughts on the marriot as it is quite a cheap option, but is there anything in the complex? a bar etc? Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Not sure which Marriott you mean. I have stayed a few times at the JW Marriott, which is a very nice full-service Marriott. Nice rooms, decent fitness center, attentive staff, and great concierge lounge (24 hours I think, which is unusual). The Renaissance is quite ordinary, although I find the location is convenient to the airport and getting around where I need to go. The JW is in a similar location. I only stay at the Renaissance when it is much cheaper than the JW.

Charles
Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
JW Much better

The JW and Renn are only a block apart, 5 minute walk if it is not too hot outside. Then it is a one minute taxi ride.

I found the JW to be excellent in every respect. Rooms, food, service and especially the lounge which is open until 230am to greet late arrivals (a GREAT idea, btw). The Renn is fine, but ordinary compared to the JW.

Plats are taken immediately upstairs to the concierge to check-in, no front desk formalities. They will even get you a drink while you are waiting, or just go into the lounge right afterwards while your bags are delivered.

The last time I met young Mr. Marriott himself at the hotel on a tour of the area. The place was pretty lively and of course, all spruced up.

I am returning to the JW next week for my fourth visit in about a year and looking forward to bringing my wife this time.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Anyone have an e-mail for the JW in Dubai?

Title says it all - if anyone has a general reservations e-mail contact there, i'd appreciate it.

Many thanks

Tony

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.