Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:14 pm

Hey everyone, my girlfriend and I will be in Dubai for 3 nights in early September. We are using Marriott points, but we do not have status. Having never been there, we are most interested in seeing the sights/doing tourist things. Would the JW Marquis be better or would the Harbour Hotel & Suites be better? Since we have no status, location seems to be most important. Any input is much appreciated!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to say congrats on your first post!

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
Nice hotel. Upgraded to a suite on the 64th floor in Tower A. Tower B is a few months from completion from what I saw. Some previous posts complained about the pool, just go there after 1pm and you'll have plenty of sun. Exec lounge is open 24 hours plus the weekends for breakfast. There are 7-8 restaurants & bars onsite if you are lazy to venture out to JBR. The service is fine as they've had 9-10 months to workout the kinks. The location is at the far end of Business Bay facing the highway or dead construction sites. 5 minutes walk to the rail if that's your means of transportation. Yes, the touchpad room controls is annoying but the bathroom is heavenly.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I will be traveling to Dubai in July 2014, and I see that there is a new htoel opening in January.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...tel-al-jaddaf/

As time draws nearer, I will read the reviews to compare this to the JW Marriott Marquis
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GDaoV
Nice hotel. Upgraded to a suite on the 64th floor in Tower A. Tower B is a few months from completion from what I saw. Some previous posts complained about the pool, just go there after 1pm and you'll have plenty of sun. Exec lounge is open 24 hours plus the weekends for breakfast. There are 7-8 restaurants & bars onsite if you are lazy to venture out to JBR. The service is fine as they've had 9-10 months to workout the kinks. The location is at the far end of Business Bay facing the highway or dead construction sites. 5 minutes walk to the rail if that's your means of transportation. Yes, the touchpad room controls is annoying but the bathroom is heavenly.
I am assuming this was at the JW Marriott Marquis? Also, which type of suite did they upgrade you to?

I see that the hotel has a few suite options...thanks in advance^
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by alrvd83
I am assuming this was at the JW Marriott Marquis? Also, which type of suite did they upgrade you to?

I see that the hotel has a few suite options...thanks in advance^
Yes, the marquis. Not sure what the suite is called but it has separate living and bed rooms. There are typically 2 per floor at the end of the hallways.

There are smoking rooms available if you are a smoker. I will find the email of the concierge desk for this hotel and post tomorrow. Doesn't hurt to ask for an upgrade ahead of checking in.

One can walk to the burg al Khalif and Dubai mall in 20 minutes.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:39 pm

I will be traveling to Dubai in July 2014, and I see that there is a new htoel opening in January.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...tel-al-jaddaf/

As time draws nearer, I will read the reviews to compare this to the JW Marriott Marquis
Looking at the map, not a good location.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
ah, Dubai in July.........should be a pleasant 45C (although during my last visit in late July it was 52C)......

Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:56 am

Yes, the marquis. Not sure what the suite is called but it has separate living and bed rooms. There are typically 2 per floor at the end of the hallways.

There are smoking rooms available if you are a smoker. I will find the email of the concierge desk for this hotel and post tomorrow. Doesn't hurt to ask for an upgrade ahead of checking in.

One can walk to the burg al Khalif and Dubai mall in 20 minutes.
Thank you for the information. According to the website, I see that the couch doesnt fold out into a bed correct? Is it sleep able though?

The email to the concierge would be greatly appreciated, as I have done that at other hotels in the past. It definitely helps.

20 min walk isnt bad depending on the weather!

Anymore opinions of the hotel?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:58 am

Looking at the map, not a good location.
Good to know. I've been to Dubai once but I stayed at the Hilton Jumeirah down by the marina.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
ah, Dubai in July.........should be a pleasant 45C (although during my last visit in late July it was 52C)......
Shorts and short sleeve shorts indeed ^ I went in December back in 2011, so I imagine it'll be a stark contrast.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:52 pm
Suspended

but be prepared for your sunglasses to fog over due to the change in temps as you leave any A/Ced place and step out into the "real world"........

(just a side note - after you've experienced the ME during the summer, just think what our troops went thru in Kuwait/Iraq/Afghanistan wearing kevlar in this "oven")

Shorts and short sleeve shorts indeed ^ I went in December back in 2011, so I imagine it'll be a stark contrast.

Last edited by BKKLEE; Dec 5, 2013 at 6:44 pm
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:50 pm

Thank you for the information. According to the website, I see that the couch doesnt fold out into a bed correct? Is it sleep able though?

The email to the concierge would be greatly appreciated, as I have done that at other hotels in the past. It definitely helps.

20 min walk isnt bad depending on the weather!

Anymore opinions of the hotel?
[email protected]
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.