Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Club, Miles and More
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Personally I'd book into Le Meridien Mina Seyahi which a Cat 5 so covered by your 50k vouchers. You share all the facilities with the Westin next door (which is a Cat 7) and you're right in the middle of Dubai for getting around to see stuff.
If you are not looking for a beach, I dont see why the Mina Seyahi would make sense. Especially as the neighbouring Barista Bar can be quite annoying from a sound level in the evening.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Thanks for the suggestions! I am also a platinum member so any hotels with a lounge would be a plus. Is there an easy way to see which hotels in Dubai have a lounge?

The Ritz Carlton in financial district gets me the best redemption for my 2x 50k night certificates, but I don't think I get lounge access there.
The other hotels that are under 50k a night are the Habtoor, Grosvenor, Marriott Harbour, JW Marriott Marquis, La Ville.
Any recommendations among these?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by godbreath
Thanks for the suggestions! I am also a platinum member so any hotels with a lounge would be a plus. Is there an easy way to see which hotels in Dubai have a lounge?

The Ritz Carlton in financial district gets me the best redemption for my 2x 50k night certificates, but I don't think I get lounge access there.
The other hotels that are under 50k a night are the Habtoor, Grosvenor, Marriott Harbour, JW Marriott Marquis, La Ville.
I would personally pick between the Grosvenor and the JW Marriott and if i had to choose one would go for the Grosvenor. One of the best run hotels in the world IMHO (in the same league as SGS in Bangkok).
godbreath likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Club, Miles and More
Originally Posted by godbreath

Having stayed at the Grosvenor, JW Marriott and La Ville I still prefer La Ville. Nice size, stylish, good upgrades...
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:32 pm

Platinum. Considering visting the World Expo in February. Solo traveler. I don't want to spend a lot of time on the subway or in cars. Breakfast would be nice, but not necessary. Beach, etc., not important to me. Any suggested properties?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by lamphs
Platinum. Considering visting the World Expo in February. Solo traveler. I don't want to spend a lot of time on the subway or in cars. Breakfast would be nice, but not necessary. Beach, etc., not important to me. Any suggested properties?
Is the Expo your only reason for visiting? If so, then the closest properties are the Aloft Dubai South or the Courtyard Green Community. I can recommend the latter. It's a bit dated and dumpy, but I kind of like it in some circumstances. It's comfortable and functional -- there are a handful of decent restaurants and cafes in the complex and a pool. They have always upgraded me to a balcony room. I sometimes spend weekends there when I am looking for a place to just relax and not use the car. There's also an Executive Apartments there if you need those amenities.

Also in the direction of Expo are the Aloft and Element Me'aisam or, if you need something more full-service, Lapita. I have only stayed at the Aloft on this list and it's also solid.

If you are interested in a fuller Dubai experience, then you could try one of the properties more centrally-located on the Metro line or the connecting tram, such as one of the many in JBR or farther north like the Marriott Harbor or Mina Seyahi. It's a fairly long ride to the Expo but at least a straight shot. The Expo site is on the far edge of town so most places are not that close.
lamphs and elsenor like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: AC
A change in my travel plans means that I'm only going to be spending 2 nights in Dubai (by myself) instead of 7 (with family). Originally was planning to stay at GH only but I also now have an extra 85k cert that I need to burn. Still planning to do at least one night at GH but should I do both nights in GH or use my 85k cert to try a different hotel the second night? Any particular ones that are worth it? I'm a Plat with SNAs to burn. Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by kiokujai
A change in my travel plans means that I'm only going to be spending 2 nights in Dubai (by myself) instead of 7 (with family). Originally was planning to stay at GH only but I also now have an extra 85k cert that I need to burn. Still planning to do at least one night at GH but should I do both nights in GH or use my 85k cert to try a different hotel the second night? Any particular ones that are worth it? I'm a Plat with SNAs to burn. Thanks!
depends what your interests are. La Ville (Autograph Collection) is a fine property close to Downtown and usually goes for 60k. If you prefer something close to the GH and with beach access - perhaps Royal Meridien or Westin.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Do any of the Marriott properties have a reasonable view of the Burj? Considering booking a stay for new year 2023 when availability opens. The objective is to enjoy the new year's celebrations from the room or a lounge. Although I appreciate there are going to be trade offs, my objective is to see the upper 2/3 of the Burj doing this.

The JW appears to have a view, but this is the only video I have been able to find from the celebrations for 2022 and it's a bit underwhelming - although they appear to have been on a very low floor filming this. It appears there are better vantage points higher up, but would appreciate thoughts from people who have been - particularly if the lounge is an option and open.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: Some
The EDITION has the best views of Burj Khalifa from Deluxe Rooms and also some suites categories, but note that it has been inside the COVID controlled zone on NYE the last couple of years making travelling around on NYE likely a pain. The St. Regis also has good views from certain room categories but is increasingly blocked by construction (and very dirty windows when I stayed over NYE in 2019/2020!). The JWM would rank after those two. I would say La Ville also definitely has better views than JWM. None of those three offer a lounge but I imagine most hotels that do close it or charge for an event on NYE, so your room is probably a better option if you don’t want to pay for an event.
illico and MrM2016 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:48 am

Duplicate.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The EDITION has the best views of Burj Khalifa from Deluxe Rooms and also some suites categories, but note that it has been inside the COVID controlled zone on NYE the last couple of years making travelling around on NYE likely a pain. The St. Regis also has good views from certain room categories but is increasingly blocked by construction (and very dirty windows when I stayed over NYE in 2019/2020!). The JWM would rank after those two. I would say La Ville also definitely has better views than JWM. None of those three offer a lounge but I imagine most hotels that do close it or charge for an event on NYE, so your room is probably a better option if you don’t want to pay for an event.
Thank you so much - a textbook answer! Now to decide which.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by MrM2016
Thank you so much - a textbook answer! Now to decide which.
No problem, just be aware only certain room categories at each property have the view and in each case this excludes the standard points category.
MrM2016 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Does anyone know if any of the new(ish) Courtyards have a lounge? CY World Trade Center / CY Al Barsha / CY Cultural Village
Rates during Expo are pretty steep these days in the full service properties…
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by Muerz
Does anyone know if any of the new(ish) Courtyards have a lounge? CY World Trade Center / CY Al Barsha / CY Cultural Village
Rates during Expo are pretty steep these days in the full service properties…
AFAIK none of them have. Check out the Sheraton Grand and the Sheraton Creek - those two have generally more reasonable rates compared to the other Marriott 5*s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.