Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
* 10% discount coupon at Restaurant ZK (57F), Live Kitchen COOKA (19F), LOUNGE PLUS (19F), & BAR PLUS (19F). (received as a Platinum, unknown if given to other elite or all hotel guests)
* The hotel elevators require a swipe below the floor buttons to access the guest floors.
*The club lounge welcomes all children 6am-7:30pm; over the junior high school student are welcome after 7:30pm
*Access information from the hotel including step by step pictures.

Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the detailed review, bgriff! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Stayed here with my wife a few weeks ago. We loved it. You can get 10% off at Kintetsu department store below it if you're staying at the Marriott. Well worth it if your wife is buying a lot of stuff. We were on the 41st floor. View was amazing. The Toto toilet ... washing feels a little bit too good. I thought it was a timed function so I sat there thinking "This is taking rather long, who's ... is this dirty?" then I realized it has a stop button. My 10th night stay was at this hotel and we got a gift that is an Abeno Harukas bear wearing a little Marriott uniform. My wife liked that.

The service is phenomenal. Bell staff are particularly good. We ordered a lot of packages to the hotel and had the hotel send luggage to the next hotel. They were helpful and went above and beyond.

Night view
Old May 2, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Pmun
My 10th night stay was at this hotel and we got a gift that is an Abeno Harukas bear wearing a little Marriott uniform. My wife liked that.
Ten nights consecutive? My wife is going to want one of those guys for her travel bear collection and I didn't see any in the gift shop
downstairs.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
<redacted>... The Toto toilet ... washing feels a little bit too good. ...<redacted>
Finally, somebody brave enough to say this! It delivers a truly pleasurable experience. That Toto is heavenly. I knocked it until I tried it. Now I know.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Ten nights consecutive? My wife is going to want one of those guys for her travel bear collection and I didn't see any in the gift shop downstairs.
I think the staff have the discretion to give them out. My +1 managed to get one

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Finally, somebody brave enough to say this! It delivers a truly pleasurable experience. That Toto is heavenly. I knocked it until I tried it. Now I know.
You know you can find washlets or washlet-knockoffs in public restrooms (though not all) in Japan, including rail stations and airports. Further proof that the normal laws of civilization are different there.

You can also have one installed in your home in the US for around $4k. (About the same price as a cheap TPAC J flight, but it lasts a lot longer!)
Old May 3, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Ten nights consecutive? My wife is going to want one of those guys for her travel bear collection and I didn't see any in the gift shop
downstairs.
We only stayed there 3 nights. But it was my 10th marriott night of the year. So if you want the bear, just make sure your 10th night of the year is at the hotel.

They sell teh Abeno bear upstairs in the observatory but it doesn't have the Marriott uniform.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
bgriff....thanks for the excellent review. All you have written has been found to be true to life after four hours in this hotel. The roast beef carving station was operating on first of five night stay. Great side dishes + a very drinkable red wine. Doubt I'll be asking for help with dinner reservations.

From the 55th floor, a happy camper.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: N/A
Hi folks,

Marriot/SPG platinum newbie here.

Can anyone advise on if I receive club lounge access as a platinum and upgrade treatment? (I did see one FT member that did get a nice corner room upgrade )
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by JBG89
Hi folks,

Marriot/SPG platinum newbie here.

Can anyone advise on if I receive club lounge access as a platinum and upgrade treatment? (I did see one FT member that did get a nice corner room upgrade )
Yes! Platinum definitely gets lounge access. You're welcome to go up to check in there (as we were offered at the main desk). Upgrades of course are as available but our corner room upgrade (not sure if that's the one you're referring to or not) was as a Plat from a Superior City View Queen (lowest room rate available about 8 weeks prior to stay).
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by JBG89
I've always been given a room on 55F or 54F (and 54F that time only because I had to switch the bed type at check-in from my reservation). While they're just standard rooms, they do sell at a higher rate than lower floors, so I would consider them an upgrade. (The whole point of staying at this hotel for many is that it's the tallest in Japan.)

There aren't that many corner rooms or suites, and those also tend to sell out at peak times, so set your expectations accordingly.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by bennos
I've always been given a room on 55F or 54F (and 54F that time only because I had to switch the bed type at check-in from my reservation). While they're just standard rooms, they do sell at a higher rate than lower floors, so I would consider them an upgrade. (The whole point of staying at this hotel for many is that it's the tallest in Japan.)

There aren't that many corner rooms or suites, and those also tend to sell out at peak times, so set your expectations accordingly.
I'm going for 6 nights in the middle of august. So peak time... reserved a regular Superior room. Guess I should have low expecations with an upgrade now when I'm a gold member.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bennos
I think the staff have the discretion to give them out. My +1 managed to get one

You can also have one installed in your home in the US for around $4k. (About the same price as a cheap TPAC J flight, but it lasts a lot longer!)
Or you can buy one from Japan and pay an electrician to put in the electrical outlet for it. They're quite easy to install and use almost same voltage as the States.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:36 pm

Stayed here with my wife a few weeks ago. We loved it. You can get 10% off at Kintetsu department store below it if you're staying at the Marriott. Well worth it if your wife is buying a lot of stuff. We were on the 41st floor. View was amazing. The Toto toilet ... washing feels a little bit too good. I thought it was a timed function so I sat there thinking "This is taking rather long, who's ... is this dirty?" then I realized it has a stop button. My 10th night stay was at this hotel and we got a gift that is an Abeno Harukas bear wearing a little Marriott uniform. My wife liked that.

The service is phenomenal. Bell staff are particularly good. We ordered a lot of packages to the hotel and had the hotel send luggage to the next hotel. They were helpful and went above and beyond.

Night view
Where do you get the 10% off booklet? We will be going in a month! Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by musicscrip
They give you a packet when you check in. The 10% off is one of the them along with the free ticket to the observation floor
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip
It's a one time coupon given at check-in.

Going back in 12 days! Really looking forward to it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.