Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
* 10% discount coupon at Restaurant ZK (57F), Live Kitchen COOKA (19F), LOUNGE PLUS (19F), & BAR PLUS (19F). (received as a Platinum, unknown if given to other elite or all hotel guests)
* The hotel elevators require a swipe below the floor buttons to access the guest floors.
*The club lounge welcomes all children 6am-7:30pm; over the junior high school student are welcome after 7:30pm
*Access information from the hotel including step by step pictures.

Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:26 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
According to the website, "Our comfort guest rooms are located on the 38th floor and feature high ceilings with a Japanese modern residential atmosphere. Relax and feel wooden flooring by taking your shoes off." It appears these rooms are designed to provide a more Japanese style room for those who desire such accommodations. Superior rooms are definitely a more western style room. They're very luxurious and perhaps my favorite for any FS Marriott property.

That said, the 38th floor is a busy floor with the lounge and other services. Noise might be a problem, though highly unlikely. If you're uncomfortable with heights, rooms up in the 50s will probably not be to your liking, though even at 38 it might not work for some.
Ah, thank you, I missed that note before. Sounds like probably not worth the extra points then.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bgriff
Ah, thank you, I missed that note before. Sounds like probably not worth the extra points then.
The listing shows it includes lounge access. If you otherwise wouldn't have access, it is easily worth the extra 5k/night. I think other Club rooms also include lounge access. You might want to check.

FYI: I found that snippet of information in the caption to the room picture. It defaults as hidden and the only clue was the plus sign icon in the lower left corner of the picture.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:45 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
The listing shows it includes lounge access. If you otherwise wouldn't have access, it is easily worth the extra 5k/night. I think other Club rooms also include lounge access. You might want to check.

FYI: I found that snippet of information in the caption to the room picture. It defaults as hidden and the only clue was the plus sign icon in the lower left corner of the picture.
In this case the alternative room also comes with lounge access (appears standard rooms are sold out, which is unsurprising as this is during peak April cherry blossom season), and I have Platinum status anyway. But thanks for the tip.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Staying here now. Booked a standard queen, upgraded to a corner king on the 40th floor with windows on two sides. Dummy bookings were showing only twin rooms available so wasn't even expecting that. FDC asked if I'd like to check in at the club (didn't matter to me) and proactively asked when I'd like to check out (up to 4pm). I also only booked one person (used to booking Hiltons) which caused a slight hiccup (more to do with Osaka's new per person hotel tax) that was quickly rectified.

The height mentioned upthread-- if that bothers you (or your companion), do that into consideration! My wife described it as being perched up on a tree out on a branch. Floor to ceiling windows in the room but also the soaking tub is next to its own window!

The hotel elevators require a swipe below the floor buttons to access the guest floors. I didn't notice when the bellhop took our bags up and spent a little bit of time (and trying different cars) after the elevator announced it didn't go to my selected floor. I was thinking that I that only certain elevators went to certain floors (like the main building lobby banks). What a dummy!

Finally, separate key cards for the club and room/gym. Don't make my mistake and grab two club keys in the dark to use the gym before sunrise. The wife was not amused to hear a ringing door bell wake her up.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Gold and platinum get a 20% discount and Silver a 10% discount in the restaurant on the 57th floor. Didn't eat there so no idea of the quality vs value.
Attached Images    
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:42 am

Thanks for the discount info! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum
Any thoughts on here vs the Osaka Ritz Carlton? It comes out to about the same points rate (180k vs 200k) for 5 nights.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
This hotel's category is going UP from 7 to 8 starting March 7th 2017 !

If I have an award reservation with points and planning to apply a 7 night Category 7 certificate towards it, do I have to call now lock-in the current award category level ?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
This hotel's category is going UP from 7 to 8 starting March 7th 2017 !

If I have an award reservation with points and planning to apply a 7 night Category 7 certificate towards it, do I have to call now lock-in the current award category level ?
You asked this question in the category changing thread. Perhaps check that thread for the answer .

Cheers.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Does anyone know what the difference is between a Club Superior Room and a Comfort Room at this hotel? Debating between the two for a difference of 5,000 points/night, which is so minimal I'm tempted to go for the more expensive Comfort Room -- but from the pictures and descriptions on the hotel's site I can't figure out what is supposed to be better about it.

Square footage is the same between the two so it doesn't appear Comfort is bigger. Anything else I'm missing?
"Club" = lounge access, simply breakfast, tea, cocktail included daily,
superior room = basic room, and usually cannot have rollaway bed for 3 ppl stay in one room, unless higher rate paid
comfort room = deluxe room
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Anyone got upgraded to a suite at this property?

Under Marriotts new rules the hotel should be obliged to u/g to suites as well. Bit surprised all people report here are some corner rooms.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

Under Marriotts new rules the hotel should be obliged to u/g to suites as well. Bit surprised all people report here are some corner rooms.
We were there for a week in February and were upgraded to a corner room on the 52nd floor that probably ranks in the top three rooms we've ever stayed in. No suite, but no complaints from this Plat.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

This hotel only has 15 suites (vs 282 guest rooms), and I wouldn't be surprised if they regularly book up by paid guests or other VIPs. (This is, after all, the tallest building in Japan.) Indeed, for this Saturday only Superior rooms are available for booking, and those are going for about US$500. Next Tuesday shows no suites available, either, so it's not just a weekend thing.

Relatedly, the times I've stayed there the lounge is full of people who clearly paid (via room type) for access, it's not the usual mostly-American-business people crowd (though there are a few of those).
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by michelin
We were there for a week in February and were upgraded to a corner room on the 52nd floor that probably ranks in the top three rooms we've ever stayed in. No suite, but no complaints from this Plat.
I think it says on stays exceeding 3 days an upgrade is discretionary.

We have reserved a 7 day stay as well (Cat 8 Travel Package) and due to Sakura Season the hotel is pretty full.

Just asking because I'd hate to spend the equivalent of a quarter million points and then stay in a base level or "view" room (or Executive for that matter which we all know is usually just a Standard with club access).

Guess we'll just wing it and see how it goes. The rates corresponded close to what the Park Hyatt Tokyo was asking during the same time. Maybe a tough competition I admit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.