Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
* 10% discount coupon at Restaurant ZK (57F), Live Kitchen COOKA (19F), LOUNGE PLUS (19F), & BAR PLUS (19F). (received as a Platinum, unknown if given to other elite or all hotel guests)
* The hotel elevators require a swipe below the floor buttons to access the guest floors.
*The club lounge welcomes all children 6am-7:30pm; over the junior high school student are welcome after 7:30pm
*Access information from the hotel including step by step pictures.

Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
There are two basic types of stay controls used in hotel revenue management. The one most people know is the Minimum Stay requirement. If you want to stay on a night with a Minimum Stay, you have to meet or exceed the total number of nights. But, you can arrive on any day.

The lesser known stay control is a No Arrivals restriction. With that one, if your check-in date is restricted, it doesn't matter if you want to stay 2 nights or 10 nights. Typically, they are used block people from booking a multi-night stay to get around a Minimum Stay requirement and then changing the reservation to a single night. A good example would be most Saturday nights in Las Vegas.

Rate and stay controls are done at the hotel level. No one at Marriott Central Reservations has the power to override these restrictions. Pretty much your only option would be talking to someone at the hotel.
Great thanks!!

This is very good info and something new to learn about the hotel management world. I will call to the hotel directly... time to brush up my Japanese after 20+ years learning from high school... hahaha.. (j/k I know they also speak English :P)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, Mileage Plus Silver
The hotel staff does indeed speak very good English. I stayed there a few weeks ago and it was probably the best or second best hotel I've stayed at in the 15+ years I've been a Marriott Rewards member.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:29 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel full all weekend Nov 2015?

Is that japanese thanksgiving? I believe you might be booking a very busy time... I had problems even finding a hotel in hiroshima a couple novembers ago during a weekend, and ended up with crappiest Crown Plaza room I have ever been in in kobe.

Did you check capsule hotels?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by JamboAddick
The hotel staff does indeed speak very good English. I stayed there a few weeks ago and it was probably the best or second best hotel I've stayed at in the 15+ years I've been a Marriott Rewards member.
Oh great! I bet they speak better English than me ... (English is my 2nd language)

Let call them and see what they can do... hopefully they will let me book from Sat instead of Fri
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Is that japanese thanksgiving? I believe you might be booking a very busy time... I had problems even finding a hotel in hiroshima a couple novembers ago during a weekend, and ended up with crappiest Crown Plaza room I have ever been in in kobe.

Did you check capsule hotels?
Oh!! didn't even know it's the Labor Thanksgiving day... marches and rallies will happen on 23rd... right around the time I wanna go, however all weekends are restricted in Nov and not only the 23rd weekend.... hopefully the hotel will let me book from 21st (Sat) instead of 20th (Fri)....
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:21 am

Anyone has recent experience with this hotel? the rooms available on the date I want are Comfort Room and Junior Suite, which I can not find any reviews online. Would appreciate if someone can tell me if Junior Suite worth the extra $$ or not. Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:26 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
We stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago, I am still travelling so haven't done a review on Marriott Insider yet, but in brief it was the best Marriott we have ever stayed at - bar none!

I am gold and we were upgraded to a magnificent room on the top (55th) floor, the whole experience from check in, through the lounge, to check out was first class. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff - they are great.

I can't comment on if a suite is good value - that is a call for you but I have no problem wholeheartedly recommending the hotel.

At check in we were given a free voucher to go up to the 360 degree viewing area. It is only valid quite early in the morning when they open up just for Marriott guests before the public are admitted - if you are there on a sunny day, that is also really well worth the early start.

Nick
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
We stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago, I am still travelling so haven't done a review on Marriott Insider yet, but in brief it was the best Marriott we have ever stayed at - bar none!

I am gold and we were upgraded to a magnificent room on the top (55th) floor, the whole experience from check in, through the lounge, to check out was first class. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff - they are great.

I can't comment on if a suite is good value - that is a call for you but I have no problem wholeheartedly recommending the hotel.

At check in we were given a free voucher to go up to the 360 degree viewing area. It is only valid quite early in the morning when they open up just for Marriott guests before the public are admitted - if you are there on a sunny day, that is also really well worth the early start.

Nick
Thank you very much Nick, I am so looking forward to the trip as well. How about food in the club? from what I read, it's meh for breakfast, but pretty good for the rest of the time..

there's 0 review about any suite of this hotel, let me write a little review here after.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by catcathk
Thank you very much Nick, I am so looking forward to the trip as well. How about food in the club? from what I read, it's meh for breakfast, but pretty good for the rest of the time..

there's 0 review about any suite of this hotel, let me write a little review here after.
Have been at the Osaka Marriott Miyako for four days now. I agree that this is the best Marriott experience I've ever had - thanks I assume to their Japanese partners. Stylish, elegant design throughout - both in the rooms and lounge but also in the lobby area.

Lounge food is amazing at breakfast or evening; have not been in during the daytime so cannot speak to that. No oatmeal or Meusli at breakfast but half Japanese breakfast and half western, including made to order omelette. The lounge staff serve you coffee in the morning and drinks in the evening, which feels a little over the top for this laid back American but just shows the level of service here.

Warning - plan ahead when you're leaving or returning. There's only two relatively small elevators from the ground to the lobby (on 19th floor) and then you need to walk to the other end of the lobby to get an elevator to your room. If there's a few folks w luggage on either leg it slows things down a lot.

Tip: The hotel is connected to a nice department store on floors B2 through 14, including a nice grocery on B1 and B2, and a variety of nice restaurants on floors 12-14.

And the best view from a hotel gym EVER!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Warning - plan ahead when you're leaving or returning. There's only two relatively small elevators from the ground to the lobby (on 19th floor) and then you need to walk to the other end of the lobby to get an elevator to your room. If there's a few folks w luggage on either leg it slows things down a lot.
There are 6 large elevators adjacent to those two small elevators that also serve the lobby (19F). Typically 2 or 3 of these serve the hotel (the configuration varies according to time of day and day of week, since they also serve the office lobby, the museum, and the observation deck).

The catch is they don't serve the ground floor (1F), only B1F (which is where you're more likely to go anyway, as it directly connects to the train station and shopping).

BTW, I highly recommend the private observation deck viewing, even though it's quite early. Given the choice, avoid the weekend.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Have been at the Osaka Marriott Miyako for four days now. I agree that this is the best Marriott experience I've ever had - thanks I assume to their Japanese partners. Stylish, elegant design throughout - both in the rooms and lounge but also in the lobby area.

Lounge food is amazing at breakfast or evening; have not been in during the daytime so cannot speak to that. No oatmeal or Meusli at breakfast but half Japanese breakfast and half western, including made to order omelette. The lounge staff serve you coffee in the morning and drinks in the evening, which feels a little over the top for this laid back American but just shows the level of service here.

Tip: The hotel is connected to a nice department store on floors B2 through 14, including a nice grocery on B1 and B2, and a variety of nice restaurants on floors 12-14.

And the best view from a hotel gym EVER!

Thank you all for the update and reviews... I reserved a Junior Suite, still not sure if that worth the money... the Corner Room is also excellent choice I read...

However, with the lack of reviews for Suite... I might be the first to review it on the entire internet.... ^^
Old May 13, 2015, 4:16 pm

I'm trying to email the concierge at the Marriott Osaka and for the life of me I can't find a local email address on the website... anyone got any generic email address which would go direct to the hotel? Thanks.
Old May 13, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
Originally Posted by Top of climb
I'm trying to email the concierge at the Marriott Osaka and for the life of me I can't find a local email address on the website... anyone got any generic email address which would go direct to the hotel? Thanks.
Hi! We are heading there this weekend and have been emailing this address with success. Hope it works for you!
<[email protected]>
Old May 13, 2015, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by canuickstan420
Hi! We are heading there this weekend and have been emailing this address with success. Hope it works for you!
<[email protected]>
Brilliant; thanks very much! Looking forward to hearing how your stay goes - please report back
Old May 14, 2015, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Top of climb
Brilliant; thanks very much! Looking forward to hearing how your stay goes - please report back
Enjoy your stay- awesome property!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.