Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
* 10% discount coupon at Restaurant ZK (57F), Live Kitchen COOKA (19F), LOUNGE PLUS (19F), & BAR PLUS (19F). (received as a Platinum, unknown if given to other elite or all hotel guests)
* The hotel elevators require a swipe below the floor buttons to access the guest floors.
*The club lounge welcomes all children 6am-7:30pm; over the junior high school student are welcome after 7:30pm
*Access information from the hotel including step by step pictures.

Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the very detailed trip report & the pic w/ details re: the exec lounge. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm looking for a base hotel while I'm in the Osaka/Kyoto area next Autumn. The Miyako seems like a very good fit. My other option is the Kyoto RC, which is a lot more expensive. Since I'm using points, I'm worried I may not have enough points saved up by then for the RC. I've seen too many reports of dodgy practices at the Osaka RC to consider the property. So I'm considering the Miyako. Any thoughts out there regarding this property as a base for JR day trips around the region? Looking to go to Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, etc...the usual suspects.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I'm looking for a base hotel while I'm in the Osaka/Kyoto area next Autumn. The Miyako seems like a very good fit. My other option is the Kyoto RC, which is a lot more expensive. Since I'm using points, I'm worried I may not have enough points saved up by then for the RC. I've seen too many reports of dodgy practices at the Osaka RC to consider the property. So I'm considering the Miyako. Any thoughts out there regarding this property as a base for JR day trips around the region? Looking to go to Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, etc...the usual suspects.

Just in case you have not read it up-thread, go back to Post #24. Click on the link. In that trip report, you will see that I did almost identical itinerary (perhaps more) as yours. I recommend the Osaka Marriott Miyako as base to do Kansai region, period.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Just in case you have not read it up-thread, go back to Post #24. Click on the link. In that trip report, you will see that I did almost identical itinerary (perhaps more) as yours. I recommend the Osaka Marriott Miyako as base to do Kansai region, period.
I'd read through but not at your link. Thanks for the info. I've booked the Miyako. I heard exactly what I wanted to know, easy access to the train system from near the hotel.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Question Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel

Any reviews of this property? Seems like it opened in 2013/2014.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:06 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Any reviews of this property? Seems like it opened in 2013/2014.
Just a few - here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...tel-japan.html

Nick
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Thanks, guess I missed it during search.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:34 am
kkl

Booking thru direct website. Hotel is booked out on 17th-18th Nov 2016. But rooms available on Booking.com?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by kkl
Booking thru direct website. Hotel is booked out on 17th-18th Nov 2016. But rooms available on Booking.com?
You mentioned this in a different thread; no need to post twice.

Cheers.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:51 am

I'm currently staying at the Miyako and writing this from the Executive Lounge.

OK, now I get it. There is a huge difference in service level at Asian properties. Now I understand what everybody has been saying here all along. This is my first trip to Asia. All I can really say about the lounge is that the service and amenities have been exceptional. The only complaint I have would be they could have chosen a better selection for their Japanese whisky option. I thought it was brutal, then tonight I they offered a Macallan 12yo and confirmed it.

My room is on the 54th floor looking out south, I believe. I can see KIX and the harbor. The room is quite nice and pretty much spot on with the pictures previously posted. The bathroom is large and well appointed. It's a little quirky with the sliding walls and whatnot, but as a solo traveler it's not a problem. Definitely a problem if traveling with people who'd like a little privacy to shower/bathe. It's a fancy toilet that senses your approach and lifts the lid. A button will lift the seat if your a pointer instead of a setter. The bed is quite nice and very comfortable. In the morning they place a newspaper in a bag hung on the door handle.

Access is as stated. I arrived from Hiroshima via Tennoji Station. Tennoji is across the street. I left the station using the East exit, crossed the street, turned right, and about 100 meters down is the door to the hotel. At street level it's an inconspicuous door leading to a lobby to catch the elevator to the 19th floor main lobby. Check-in was very easy and the staff was incredibly courteous.

So first take on the property is it's a winner and I have to say easily the best property I've ever stayed. I have to say it blows away the Rome Grand Flora, at a lower award category. The room is comparable to what I experienced at the Boston RC, the only RC I've ever stayed at. Staff is exceptional, and they all have at least a minimally functional understanding of English.

Kudos to Marriott for this property. I only wish I was sharing this visit with my lady friend, but then she was a bit uneasy just from the picture of the room view that I sent her. Note: If you're fearful of heighths, this place may not be for you.

Cheers from Osaka.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:42 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:42 pm

And the current lounge status in that thread is still valid.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
a quick question. we have a 2 year old with us. If we bring him to the lounge (2 adults plus 1 child), will they charge us for the third person?

thanks,
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:37 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Does anyone know what the difference is between a Club Superior Room and a Comfort Room at this hotel? Debating between the two for a difference of 5,000 points/night, which is so minimal I'm tempted to go for the more expensive Comfort Room -- but from the pictures and descriptions on the hotel's site I can't figure out what is supposed to be better about it.

Square footage is the same between the two so it doesn't appear Comfort is bigger. Anything else I'm missing?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
Does anyone know what the difference is between a Club Superior Room and a Comfort Room at this hotel? Debating between the two for a difference of 5,000 points/night, which is so minimal I'm tempted to go for the more expensive Comfort Room -- but from the pictures and descriptions on the hotel's site I can't figure out what is supposed to be better about it.

Square footage is the same between the two so it doesn't appear Comfort is bigger. Anything else I'm missing?
According to the website, "Our comfort guest rooms are located on the 38th floor and feature high ceilings with a Japanese modern residential atmosphere. Relax and feel wooden flooring by taking your shoes off." It appears these rooms are designed to provide a more Japanese style room for those who desire such accommodations. Superior rooms are definitely a more western style room. They're very luxurious and perhaps my favorite for any FS Marriott property.

That said, the 38th floor is a busy floor with the lounge and other services. Noise might be a problem, though highly unlikely. If you're uncomfortable with heights, rooms up in the 50s will probably not be to your liking, though even at 38 it might not work for some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.