Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by KathyMoore
They have absolutely no status or membership in Mariott
program.

I don't think it would matter on a Priceline stay anyway?

Are you concerned that they will be treated poorly? because of Priceline? because no status? because you've heard bad reports on this property?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 7:19 am

I would not worry much about it. Also, $73 is a great price! I have stayed at the Zurich Marriott many times. the service has always been good. Is it the fanciest hotel in the world, no! Is is plenty adequate, clean, decent rooms, and in a decent location, yes!
As mentioned, the train station is only a few minutes walk from the hotel. For you information as well, the Marriott has a shuttle van to and from the hotel to the airport, and is quite convenient.
I am sure your parents will be pleased with this hotel, and will be treated well. I usually try to get a room in the back tower, as it is closer to the nice quiet little bar and restaurant, and on average is quieter as it is away from the main street coming into the city.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, 1.96MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I stayed at the Marriott Zurich last February and was very pleased with my stay. One thing you might consider doing is tell them ahead of time if you will be an early morning arrival. We arrived at 10am or so local time after a flight from DFW and they had our room all ready for us when we got there which was a huge relief after being on the overnight flight. The train station is a pleasant walk as is the shopping district.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:22 pm
sundriedmilk

what type of room should I requst at this hotel is I was a good view? never been to zurich before and will stay there for a week or so in January.

I was told the shuttle bus(Joker Bus) from the airport to the hotel costs CHF 15 and is charged directly to my room bill. I think I'll take the train instead. Any idea on how much it is from the Zurich Airport to the Zurich Hauptbahnhof?

by the way, the hotel's website shows a Thai restaurant and I was wondering if anyone can comment on the food/service? Thanks!

Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:18 am

Last time I rode the Marriott Shuttle van, I do not recall there being any charge. As I recall it was a Marriott Shuttle van.
As I mentioned, I always get a room on the back side which is a bit quieter. However, the view from that side in not much. If you want a room with a view, the rooms that look out on the river, and especially the rooms that look up river and toward downtown are quite impressive.
The Thai Restaurant is outstanding. As I recall the name of the restaurant is The White Elephant or something like that? At any rate it is very good. The Sports Bar is ok, but nothing special.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:22 am
sundriedmilk

Originally Posted by Firstmate
Last time I rode the Marriott Shuttle van, I do not recall there being any charge. As I recall it was a Marriott Shuttle van.
As I mentioned, I always get a room on the back side which is a bit quieter. However, the view from that side in not much. If you want a room with a view, the rooms that look out on the river, and especially the rooms that look up river and toward downtown are quite impressive.
Thanks for the reply! I just called them directly and requested a room with view of the lake. The lady also told me the bus from the airport is operated by "Joker Bus" company and I just have to tell them I'm a guest at the Marriott.(then the CHF15 is automatically billed to my room charges)

Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:50 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Stuff near Renaissance Zurich

Wife and I staying in August before a 15 day tour of Switzerland and then 6 nights at the Marriott Zurich.

Questions are: Are there activities (parks, museums, even a nice walk, etc) in walking distance from the Renaissance? Eating opportunities near by, but not in hotel? Shuttle free to AP, but does not seem to be available to hotel from ZUR Anyone know? Will be full day Fri and full day Sat

Staying points, Silver member...any suggestions, tips. Will be checking in early Thursday, likely "dead".
Old Jun 18, 2006, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Very nice hotel, and much better than the FS Marriott downtown. There is a trolley within walking distance from the hotel, through a neighborhood, that will take you directly downtown. IIRC, its the number 14 trolley. The other way to get downtown is to take the scheduled (like a swiss timepiece) bus to/from the airport, and then the train to downtown. Takes longer that way and not as fun. The front desk will be able to advise you of the #14 trolley and how to get there.

Okay, there is not much around the hotel as far as restraunts, but once you get into the city center from the trolley, there are tons of places. Yes, the FS Marriott is walking distance from the city center, but I really was not that impressed with this location and the rooms.

Renaissance treated me well for many weeks and the lounge is pretty nice. Rooms are somewhat unique in their layout. I loved it there!
Old Jun 18, 2006, 3:33 pm
Original Member

Thanks. Do you know if the hotel shuttle also picks up at the AP? A friend seemed to remember an Italian Rest. a few blocks away. Do you recall such?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Yes, the hotel shuttle runs in between the ZRH airport and the hotel on a published schedule...about every 10-15 minutes. There is a sign at the pick up spot outside of the terminal that shows the times. The front desk also has a schedule that I kept with me as well.

I do not remember any Italian places near the hotel, but there are many downtown. It should be beautiful in the summer and it stays light out well into the 10 o'clock hour. Beautiful over the lake.

Bring lots of $$$ as Switzerland is a very expensive country, but has one of the highest standards of living in Europe.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 5:07 pm
Original Member

Thanks.

No phone, just find "hotel pick-up", check for Renaissance and wait?

Instead of bus to AP and train to town, we figured to hotel shuttle to AP and then train.

Will check the trolley (tram?)
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:42 pm

Agreed that Ren Zurich is great hotel, just a little out in the suburbs. There's a gas station / mini-mart across the street to pick up sundries and snacks. Otherwise, you'd have to walk at least 15min down Talackerstrasse (the main street in front of the hotel) towards the trolley stop to find any type of eatery.

There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to city center (near the train station) that runs every hour or half-hour. It's usually 20 CHF per person for unlimited usage, or included with some room rates; be sure to ask at the front desk. We've usually gotten the city shuttle comp'ed on our past visits, possibly cuz of GLD status.

If you plan on public transport during the length of your Zurich stay, I would get the Zurich Card for 15-30 CHF which gives you unlimited public transport and museum entries for 1 or 3 days.

Last edited by ntamayo; Jun 21, 2006 at 6:56 pm
Old Jun 22, 2006, 7:18 pm

Programs: Delta 2.5MM&Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Platinum Emeritus
Originally Posted by ranles
Thanks. Do you know if the hotel shuttle also picks up at the AP? A friend seemed to remember an Italian Rest. a few blocks away. Do you recall such?
Used to stay here almost monthly until recently. This is a very nice property. The staff are exceptionally friendly and will go out of their way to accomodate requests. Executive level lounge is very nice with great breakfast and evening snacks. Shuttle bus to airport is reliable but makes stops to other hotels along the way, so takes about 10-15 minutes. There IS an Italian restaurant within walking distance - nothing special and of course the usual outrageously expensive Swiss prices.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 7:31 am

i too have stayed at the renn zurichh..

great hotel... just next to nothing around...

you need either take their shuttle to downtown.... or to the airport and take the train... the train ride is really interesting...

and of course there is always a cab
Old Jun 26, 2006, 8:47 pm
Original Member

Marriott Zurich-transport and ...

Staying Renaissance Zurich Aug 10-13 and Marriott Zurich Aug 26-31. Really impressed with the write-up and comments on both.

Wife was a big time stayer at London Marriott. Now retired, finally spending some of those points. Unfortuantely only Silver now. What chance of getting into club (zero?). Paying to do so, and how much?

Transportation from AP to Zurich 1) train 5chf, but need good directions from depot to hotel; 2 taxi 45 chf 3) shuttle, Joker bus 30 chf for 2 people. Is any of this still current and any directions help. Will have 2 med large suitcases (rollers), one medium small carry-on and a smallish back pack. 21 days without any way to really wash clothes!

This is Les' dream trip that never came true with all those trips to London, Hong Kong and Bangkok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.