Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2008, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks, I noticed that after a little digging. For a junior suite it says:

Special Benefits:
Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages, Business services, for a fee, 1 welcome cocktail free, 1 welcome vip treatment free

Im here on a weekend but did get the upgrade to a junior suite. Nothing special at all. The usual Lather amenities were in the room (I had thought they might have something different from the regular rooms, but my suite isnt on the club level...what do they have up there?)

It says in the suite description that one welcome cocktail and one VIP treatment are offered. Never offered a drink, and am curious to find out what the "VIP treatment" is...anyone know?
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any recent reports?

Are the beds still without box springs?
Old Dec 6, 2008, 3:28 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Originally Posted by djohannw
Disgusting green carpet...
What shade of green was it? I myself like a bright Kelly green or deep forest green & find gray twill, which seems to be all the rage among today's interior decorators, unpleasant. OTOH, if it was a puke/ olive green like that featured on points.com ...
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
How to get best rates at ZRH Marriott?

The three of us (myself, my wife, and 13 yr old daugther) will be staying in ZRH , Switzerland for 3 nights beginning Mar 22. I am Gold member of the MR program. I have a Canadian Marriott Visa card.

We have stayed there for 2 night last year - at the Main Marriott hotel (across the river from the main downtown/main train station). We liked it; we did have lounge access at that time.

The question is how do I get the best promtional rate. Right now, I do not see any special (even for Gold members) promo rate for this Marriott, on the web site.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I did some checking through the Marriott Reward Offers for elites for other European properties, didn't notice anything for MR Zurich. There are some weekend and Valentine deals at the Ren Zurich and some at CY.
I like the MR due to its location near the train station and the river. Good luck in your search.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I stayed at the Zurich Marriott last year. I tried every code and every website I could think of to get a cheaper rate but had no joy. Used points in the end.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 4:22 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I've just noticed that if you book the first night separately from the other two, the rate is 50 Swiss Francs cheaper and also includes breakfast.

Also, at the Renaissance Zurich there is a Family Special package for MR members (use code M11) which is 319 Francs per night and includes a Master Suite with an interconnected Deluxe room and breakfast for all.

Last edited by GlennTheBaker; Feb 8, 2009 at 5:45 am
Old Feb 8, 2009, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
I priceline'd that hotel for a stay this coming weekend for 110 USD/night all-in. I'd recommend just foregoing the points and doing that unless you need the nights for status.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I priceline'd that hotel for a stay this coming weekend for 110 USD/night all-in. I'd recommend just foregoing the points and doing that unless you need the nights for status.
The main question is the lounge access for the breakfast - which for us 3 in the regular restaurant can be close to $100/day. I know that HHonors guests do not get upper tier privileges if booking through an opaque travel web site such as priceline. Is that the case also for MR members?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
I stayed at the ZRH CY recently for one night. Breakfast was not an issue as I was flying out the next AM and got food in the airport lounge.

Rate was OK, IIRC it was around $130 US/night. Room was OK. Fairly convenient to ZRH by train - buy the 24 hour card.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
The main question is the lounge access for the breakfast - which for us 3 in the regular restaurant can be close to $100/day. I know that HHonors guests do not get upper tier privileges if booking through an opaque travel web site such as priceline. Is that the case also for MR members?
You should get your Elite benefits regardless of how you booked your room.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Do the windows open in the Marriott Zurich? Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2009, 5:18 am

I have stayed at this property on many occasions and never though to check the windows, although I suspect that they do not open.

Dan
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Well, it is a city center hotel that regularly goes for 360-400 CHF a night, so from a money perspective, it's not out of line as Cat 6. You can definitely argue that it is not worth that amount of money, but hotels in downtown Zurich are scarce and it is a very expensive city.

However, along those lines, it seems that ALL European hotels are overvalued in rewards categories since the dollar has gained 42% vs the
Pound, 30% vs the Euro and 15% vs the Swiss Franc since last summer.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:36 pm

Marriott Downtown Zurich - transportation questions

1. What would be the taxi rate between the airport and the Marriott Hotel?
2. If we had 6 suitcases (there are 2 adults and our 13 yr old daughter), a stopover on the way to DEL, would a taxi be able to fit us in. If not, what are the other transportations options (short of renting a car).

PS-can we store some of the bags with the bell captain, during our stay at the hotel; I am sure the 6 pieces of luggage will overcrowd our hotel room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.