Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: MR Plat
Thanks for this update- I often stay at the Courtyard in Oerlikon at the weekend. Good to know there is an alternative nearby offering Benefits for Gold/Plat members.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have a 4 night awards stay coming up here this Th-Su, any recent comments to add to the above, re- platinum treatment on awards stay? Is lounge evening offerings enough for a light dinner if we splurge on lunch? "deluxe" room/North Wing is what the reservation shows, anything specific to ask for that would be better? I was considering switching to the Ren for the last night to burn a Cat 1-5 cert and save some points (hate booking a 4 night award and losing that free fifth night), but decided the hassle of hotel hopping was not worth it.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by djohannw
...due to my silver-status with Marriott...

Silver status What do you expect. You have only a silver status @:-)
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The OP was made over 8 years ago. I am not sure if djohannw is still silver with Marriott. I thought he was gold based on more recent post, but I may be wrong.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
We have a 4 night awards stay coming up here this Th-Su, any recent comments to add to the above, re- platinum treatment on awards stay? Is lounge evening offerings enough for a light dinner if we splurge on lunch? "deluxe" room/North Wing is what the reservation shows, anything specific to ask for that would be better? I was considering switching to the Ren for the last night to burn a Cat 1-5 cert and save some points (hate booking a 4 night award and losing that free fifth night), but decided the hassle of hotel hopping was not worth it.
I'm quite sure you will be pampered as Plat'; even on previous PL stays as MR Gold I always received upgrades (up to a quad' ug) - and these rooms are NICE. Lounge eve offers are high quality and do more than the trick - no need for formal dinner afterwards. My recommendation would be not to switch - Ren is not on par with the ZH Marriott.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
My husband and I stayed at the Zurich Marriott in August 2010 and it was very nice.
I am a Platinum member and stayed on points. Our reservation showed the North Tower. On check-in I asked for a room in the Main Building. I was told that it was already arranged and I had an upgraded room with a City/river view. We also had access to the Concierge Lounge.

The lounge had a substantial breakfast and a plentiful spread for both lunch and dinner times. We were able to be satisfied with the food and did not need to go elsewhere. Wine and Beer were complimentary, but spirits were not.
We were treated wonderfully and I give the staff high marks. The room was clean and attractive, although a bit on the small side. There were no robes and slippers, but we had our own so it didn't matter.
The concierge in the lounge was really great. She had things under control and was very friendly.

I really do not have anything negative to say about this hotel. It exceeded our expectations. I was really surprised to receive an upgrade since we paid with points.

We also stayed at the Renaissance on points on the last night before flying home. We were upgraded to a junior suite and again had use of the concierge lounge. However we were not ont he concierge floor.
I must say that I was disappointed in the food served in this lounge. The room is somewhat small and the buffet very limited. Wine and beer again were complimentary.
The renaissance served its purpose as we were near the airport for our early flight the next day.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have returned from our 4 night award stay.

Room- King executive level with great view of river and city, a bit small by US standards but ample for us. Flat screen tv, robe, slippers, weird shower arrangement others have commented on. Water goes HOT when toilet is flushed in room or in nearby rooms.

Location: couldn't be better. Catch Tram 11 to go down town in ten minutes or so, or walk 5 minutes to the train station to go anywhere. We did day trips by train to Mt. Rigi, Lichtenstein and Lucerne. Highly reccomend walking tour of Zurich whcih meets at the train station.

Lounge- really good. I would gain some pounds if I stayed here more often. On the ground floor just off the lobby. Breakfast 6-10 on weekdays, 6-12 on Sat and Sun. Eggs, bacon, sausage, normal cold stuff, and pastries galore. Did not stop by during lunch but evening snacks were replenished all the way to closing time (5-7:30) and deserts were delicious. Lounge is key accesible for drinks 24/7.

Extras- really good chocolate truffles at turn-down, 3 apples delivered second day for no reason. 500 arrival points did not post- will need to follow up. Free large glass water bottle in room every day.

On site restaurants- Tried White Elephant, the Thai place on Sunday night as not much else open. Had a hard time convincing them to make curry to our accustomed spice level, it came out alright, but would have only been considered moderately spicy at our favorite California Thai spot. Cost about 4 times as much too, but that's Zurich! (5 ch for steamed rice per person, yeesh) Did not try Echo- the Swiss restaurant, checked out the menu and it seemed limited and did not appeal.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VA1379
The OP was made over 8 years ago. I am not sure if djohannw is still silver with Marriott. I thought he was gold based on more recent post, but I may be wrong.
Indeed my status with Marriott has changed after eight years. Currently Plat with 73 nights this year (including rollover, to be fair) and counting...

Not sure how much my status matters in that case, however, since everything I had to complain about should have been fixed by at least one set of renovations at this hotel, and all that should not even happen to a guest that has no status at all.

However if my memory serves me well after that time the agent at checkin made a rather big issue about my upgrade, so I thought it was appropriate to mention that fact back then...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Vicki, did you notice if the lounge had free wifi or i-net terminals? I've updated the exec lounge thread to reflect it's open on the weekend, but thought I'd ask about that.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure if the wi-fi is free for all guests in the lounge as we logged in with our room number and that was free all throughout the hotel for Gold and Plats. There are several free terminals but they are just outside the lounge in the lobby.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
When we were there in August, the Internet was not free, even for platinum. I asked and was told that while it was free in the US for platinums that was not the case in Switzerland for Marriotts. In the Renaissance, if you used the computer in the CL it was free, but if you used your laptop, even in the lounge, there was a charge.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's because free internet worldwide for Gold's and Plats didn't start until January.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA
I will be in Zurich in the middle of October for 2 nights. I want to use my Marriott points and I see there are numerous locations in Zurich to stay. I want to be near the shopping area and dining places so is this the best Marriott to stay? BTW, I am a Plat. reward member if that helps the situation.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is the only Marriott in central Zurich, or was in March. See my review from then. It is about a 10 minute walk + tram ride to the main shopping street but honestly Switzerland is a terrible palce to shop $$wise and we didn't do much of that.

The new Ren will be only a bit further out, but hard to comment on as it doesn't open until August. The Courtyard is even further out.

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Jun 6, 2011 at 7:40 pm
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA
VickiSoCal, I re-read your review and based on that I made my reservation. It seems that your stay was fine so I am hoping mine is as well. Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know about the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.