Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2008, 7:22 pm

It is a quick train ride from the airport to the central station. From there it is probably 300+ mts to the hotel which you can clearly see. This is from my one trip there about 7-8 years ago. Folks that have stayed there more recently can give you a better idea.

I am not sure what tram goes from the Central stn to the hotel (I think it goes towards the back of the hotel). If you are traveling light you may just want to walk it. Again, someone else may give you a better feel for it.

The great thing about Switzerland is their rail/transport system. You will have no problems with getting to Luzern or other areas. The Swiss rail pass was really useful - it included all the trains and local trams and also some of the boats on the lakes when we used it. Something to look into if you are going to travel a lot on the trains.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It is as easy to walk from the railway station than to get a tram. the trams head up around the back of the hotel and you need to walk around it to get to the main entrance.

As far as Luzern and Einsielden are concerned, there are plentiful trains from the main station. If you are doing the day trip to Luzern, think about taking the cable car up Pilatus or at the very least a trip on a ferry on the Lake.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, UA SLV, MR LT PLT PRM, HH DIA, IHG PLT, SW CP, MVCI CHM LVL, HERTZ PC, National EE
What about Courtyard Zurich North? We are taking a trip this Summer and flying out of ZRH. This property had a great rate.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Zurich Marriott email address?

I will like to check late morning (if possible) at the Zurich Marriott Hotel later this month - I have already indicated so, when I booked through central Marriott reservations. I would like to make the request directly to the hotel - I wonder if anyone knows the email address of the manager (or someone else who can deal with the request).
Old Mar 2, 2008, 6:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
We will be staying at the Zurich Marriott for 2 nights, later this month.

There will be me, my wife, and our 12 yr old daughter.

How would one rate the hotel nowadays?
Old Mar 2, 2008, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Signs would point to:

[email protected], where xxxxx is the Marsha code

with the Zurich Marriott MARSHA code being zrhdt

--DD73

P.S. The thread explaining all of the email addresses is here

Last edited by Dudleydog73; Mar 2, 2008 at 7:22 pm
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:26 am

Zurich Marriott-ZUR transportation - 3 of us; 6+ pieces of luggage!

In a few weeks, we will be coming back from India to Canada. We will stop in Zurich for a couple of days, and staying at the Zurich Marriott Hotel. There are 2 adults and one 12 yr old child in our party. We will have at least 6 pieces of luggage, if not more.

The question is what are our options in terms of going between the airport and the hotel. I would guess that the average taxi would not be able to take all our luggage?

PS-What is the fare of a taxi trip between the Zurich airport, and the Zurich Marriott hotel?
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:27 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
In a few weeks, we will be coming back from India to Canada. We will stop in Zurich for a couple of days, and staying at the Zurich Marriott Hotel. There are 2 adults and one 12 yr old child in our party. We will have at least 6 pieces of luggage, if not more.

The question is what are our options in terms of going between the airport and the hotel. I would guess that the average taxi would not be able to take all our luggage?

PS-What is the fare of a taxi trip between the Zurich airport, and the Zurich Marriott hotel?
From Marriott's website regarding cab fare: Estimated taxi fare: 45.0 CHF (one way)

As far as the luggage goes, do you need all 6 pieces for the Zurich leg? You might check and see if there are any storage possibilites at the airport.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
For the Zurich DO last year I took the train directly to the city center and walk to the Marriott. It's about a 5 minute walk, probably 4 good sized city blocks. If you and the clan are able to carry the luggage yourselves, I'd suggest jumping on the train.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 9:31 pm

When I stayed at the Zurich Marriott in 2001 and 2002 there was a hotel van that picked you up at the airport and took you to the airport. I would be very surprised if they no longer had this. Why not contact the hotel directly with the question. With all that luggage it will be far easier than taking a train and probably less money than a taxi.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:00 am

Zurich Marriott - Silver Elite gives you upgrade - access to executive lounge?

About 9 days ago, we checked into the Marriott. I am a Silver Elite member.
I was upgraded to an "executive room". I was specifically told by the receptionist at check-in that the upgrade does not give access to the executive lounge.

However, one of the 2 computerized room keys did let us have access to the lounge?

The question is whether this type of upgrade does allow for lounge access, either at this or at any other Marriott hotels in the world?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
It's not a published benefit but I guess YMMV. Big time kudos to the Zurich Marriott's lounge^, some of us stayed at the hotel for the Zurich DO in Sept and a few of us were in the lounge until the wee hours one particular evening. I was actually surprised that we all made it to the airport the following day considering the amount of alcohol consumed.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I was specifically told by the receptionist at check-in that the upgrade does not give access to the executive lounge.

However, one of the 2 computerized room keys did let us have access to the lounge?
If you were told it wouldn't work....how did you find out one of them worked?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by annerj
If you were told it wouldn't work....how did you find out one of them worked?
Trial and error of course. I can never resist to try
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
silver does not give you such perk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.