Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:29 am

Programs: UA-Silver, HHonors-Gold, Marriott-Plat
Originally Posted by Traviss
Excellent! Thank you for highlighting this, snagged an LPR rate myself for a weekend away later in the year!
No problem. My rate was nearly 35-40% off with LPR.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: UA-Silver, HHonors-Gold, Marriott-Plat
I read your post on the Zurich Renaissance - it is always good to hear candid reviews. I have not seen anything on the CY - probably because it is rather new.

I have both booked now and will dump one before I go to Zurich.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:04 pm
ffj

Programs: AA, ExPlat, DL Sil, UAL Sil, Hilt Dia, Marr Plat
Courtyard Zurich

Just stayed there last week. If you can catch their LPR rate (139CH), it is a great deal. As a Gold or Plat, they provide complimentary breakfast. It is close to the Oerlikon train/tram stop, so quite convenient to downtown and the airport. Overall, a nice place.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Taking the train from the airport to the main station. Anyone know the easiest directions to the Marriott? I plan on walking but I hear it's only about a 10 minute walk. Any help would be appreciated.
f-boy
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:11 pm

fireworksboy, the directions are pretty simple:
- As you walk out of the train station and face the river, you will see two bridges. You will also be able to see the Marriott across the river to your left.
- Take the bridge on your left (Walche-Brucke).
- Walk across this bridge, then make the first left, on Neumuhle Quai, towards the hotel, about 500m.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
My directions are always suspect, but here goes.

The train station is on one side of the river. The hotel is on the other. You exit the train station and go about 2 easy blocks and across the river to the street the hotel is on. You tern left and go about 3-4 blocks along the river. The hotel is across the tiny street from the river. The street is busy during the "rush" hour but there are crossing areas. Do not count on a lot of English help at the train station (we were disappointed in that).

Many people walk with their luggage in tow. We took a tram from the airport and back. We did use the trainstation for some shopping and as a landmark for the other trams, etc. This included one train to go to the "wild animal park". Note the museum is right in that area too. A couple of blocks!! The options for transportation are really great. A single ticket can do the train, trams, buses and boats!!! Really make a great sight seeing day.

You might want to read our trip report. We were in Zurich for a week and we took at 15 day bus tour thoughought Switzerland. Lots of pictures posted too. The references are in our trip report. You can search by our name.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Tipping is a bit more like Australia that US. It seems that people are paid a living wage and do not linger for tips. Round up on your cab fare. Espect a bit more pressure at chain hotels, like the Marriott. Tours useally seem to be a modest tipping situation too. Eateries are another issue. Did not figure them out. Tipped like cheap US, at the Marriott and even cheaper at the locals. Most of our meals were with the tour, tips included. Many others were take out and eaten in our room along with a bottle of wine. Price are high and this method, along with bread and ham from the COOP took care of our needs. This store is a must thoroughout Switzerland. There is another such chain mentioned in my write up. I really recommend the writeup for anyone doing Switzerland for any period of time. Also review some of my posted questions. I really received some great advice from FT~~~~~~~

Thanks again guys and gals!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 18, 2007, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Thanks for the help everyone, sounds simple. Looking forward to it.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 7:30 am

Programs: AC*E; pick a number between 25 and 50K
Courtyard vs Renaissance - shuttles?

Thought I'd jump onto the thread rather than start a new one . . .

I will be overnight in October between planes; comparing the Courtyard and Renaissance, both websites say "free shuttle" but Courtyard has sent me the shuttle schedule with "8 CHF" fee. No response from Renaissance - anyone stay there recently?

Comments on quality/other differences between the properties. Location not that important as I am just sleeping there and getting that last night in to requal for Silver.

Murm
Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:59 am

The Ren definitely has a free shuttle to ZRH (stayed here in Mar '07). It does stop at one other hotel en route to the airport. The morning shuttles are particularly popular with flight crews, so you may want to head to the lobby early. Budget about 20min total.

Haven't stayed at CY to offer a comparison.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: Former Starwood Plat, Former Marriott Plat, Delta Million Miler, US Airways Million Miler
Easy walk to marriott as long as you have wheeled luggage. From hotel to airport, I found the regular shuttle (much cheaper than taxi by yourself) very convenient and quick. The bellman keeps a list for those registered for each shuttle.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 1:48 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by murmurdoc
Thought I'd jump onto the thread rather than start a new one . . .

I will be overnight in October between planes; comparing the Courtyard and Renaissance, both websites say "free shuttle" but Courtyard has sent me the shuttle schedule with "8 CHF" fee. No response from Renaissance - anyone stay there recently?

Comments on quality/other differences between the properties. Location not that important as I am just sleeping there and getting that last night in to requal for Silver.

Murm

Both provide free shuttles, I've stayed at both recently. I prefer the Renaissance.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: northwest-platinum- hilton- diamond- starwoods- Marriott
looking for latest infor marriott Zurich

I will be arriving in Zurich Feb 18th - 8am
Any luck getting an early check in?
I see mention of a tram etc- where does this let off as compared to attempting to walk with your luggage to the Marriott. I will have my mom with me , who does not do a lot of traveling. I am however a road warrior.

Also what is the cost.
ALso looking for any information regardin train travel to Luzern as well as Eisiedeln.
Taking a day trip to each while I am there

Also am diamond at Hilton, but this hotel seems the better choice for the time I am there- if anyone has stayed at both I would love a comparison

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM
I will be staying here one night enroute to NBO and would like to know where the shuttle pick up is at ZRH and if I will need lots of extra clothing in order to survive the wait in Feb?
Old Feb 2, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: northwest-platinum- hilton- diamond- starwoods- Marriott
Transport from Zurich Airport to Marriott

looking for latest infor marriott Zurich

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be arriving in Zurich Feb 18th - 8am
Any luck getting an early check in?
I see mention of a tram etc- where does this let off as compared to attempting to walk with your luggage to the Marriott. I will have my mom with me , who does not do a lot of traveling. I am however a road warrior.

Also what is the cost.
ALso looking for any information regardin train travel to Luzern as well as Eisiedeln.
Taking a day trip to each while I am there

Also am diamond at Hilton, but this hotel seems the better choice for the time I am there- if anyone has stayed at both I would love a comparison

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.