Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mapu
Trial and error of course. I can never resist to try

Next someone will say that they keep a stack of old hotel keys to try each week!

Old Aug 13, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Ok, I know there has to be more threads than the few I am getting when I search on this hotel. I am looking to stay at this property in October on a weekend, any experiences from Golds on a weekend stay here?

If there is a master thread on this property and I am missing it...please help.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I stayed there last month. although it was a 2-day, mid-week Rewards stay. The lounge is open 7 days so you'll get access at the weekend. The lounge is open 24 hours a day and the only thing that is unavailable after midnight is the selection of spirits. Really good selection of beers and wine, snacks were of a very good standard and the staff throughout the hotel were superb.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Stayed there two weeks ago from a Friday to Monday (as a Gold). Got access to the lounge which I agree was a good lounge. Staff seemed a bit variable but in the lounge they were good.

Didn't get an upgrade but was on a very cheap rate so got a room in the north wing. Seemed recently refurbished and considering the cheap rate I wasn't too upset. Hotel seemed quite full.

Didn't eat in the restaurants there or go to the gym I'm afraid.

Internet access wasn't free in the lobby any more. Now part of the business centre. No free internet access in the lounge either.

Still haven't had my MR points credited though so going to have to chase them.

Last edited by NorthOrSouth; Aug 15, 2008 at 10:53 am Reason: Read thread again.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 6:42 pm

Programs: Former Starwood Plat, Former Marriott Plat, Delta Million Miler, US Airways Million Miler
I concur this is an average city center Marriott. The category is the result of it being in a very expensive city. When I stayed, I thought is was fine.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:10 pm

Thanks to those who have replied. It appears this is a decent place to burn some points over the weekend. I normally stay at the Hilton at the airport and it will be nice to stay in town for a change. I will report back if I end up staying here which seems likely at this point.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 1:55 pm

Zurich Marriott or Renaissance?

Hi everyone,

We live in Belgium and need to book a Marriott holiday for the last week of October. As we are booking so late (aargh!), air and train fares are too high, so we will have to drive. Looking for someplace w/in an 8 hour drive.

Considering Zurich Marriott or Renaissance. Any info on these properties including how are the lounges?? (We are gold members). Hubby has read mixed revies on Trip Advisors, so wanted me to check w/the Marriott experts here.

Any other suggestions welcome as well.

TIA!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Myself and Mrs Baker stayed at the Zurich Marriott in July this year for 2 nights. I'm Gold so we had lounge access. The lounge was extremely good with a great selection of food and drink. Staff were fab.

I do know that the Renaissance is out of the City Centre where as the Marriott is centrally located near to the main railway station.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 5:45 pm
Original Member

I stayed at the Marriott a couple of years ago. As mentioned, the Marriott is centrally located and close to the train station. My wife and I walked from the station with a suitcase and carryon in about 10 minutes.

The lounge saved us a ton of money on food and drink. With the vast variety of foods at Breakfast and Dinner, we made lunch our main meal of the day. I'm a beer person and the variety in the lounge did not dissappoint, especially the double bock.

The hotel concierge can arrange transportation tickets and is invaluable in assisting with tour advice. I cannot offer you assistance on the Renaissance, but I did not choose it because of its location.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 11:21 pm

According to the website it is 8CHF for the shuttle. Is it possible to just take the train from the airport to the train station nearby?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:14 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by karch
,,,, I have not seen anything on the CY - probably because it is rather new.
I have now a report about the CY on my homepage for a stay back in May 08
stay report
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:57 am

If LPR is yielding publicly available rates that are cheaper than when conducting a general "no code" search, you can use the Look No Further guarantee to get your rate down by another 25%
Old Oct 17, 2008, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the club lounge closed on the weekends now? What benefits to Golds get on the club floor? I mainly booked the hotel for the free wifi in the club and the breakfast/dinner benefits but will be disappointed if it is closed as there was no mention of it on their web site.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the free wifi available for everyone on the club floor even when the lounge is closed?
Do they do coupons for drinks/snacks in the lobby for the evening cocktail hour? They really should make it clear on their web site that the club lounge is closed on weekends.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 4:08 pm

Weekend lounge closure is mentioned under the Club-level room details.

Last edited by ntamayo; Oct 17, 2008 at 4:09 pm Reason: hyperlink

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.