Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
+1 We had a top-notch stay here, excellent all-around.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by BigE
+1 We had a top-notch stay here, excellent all-around.
When was your stay?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
When was your stay?
Stay there on a regular base and can confirm that this is one of the best. Getting nice upgrades even when staying on cheapo PL NYOP-deals, great views from upper floor, quality food in the lounge, fitness center in perfect condition, nice bar and great staff members. Last stays were in May 12.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Can anyone provide an update on whether there's an exec lounge, if it's open on the weekend, if it's not, do they provide brekkie coupons, if closed, is it key accessible for soft drinks, is there free wifi or i-net terminals? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Can anyone provide an update on whether there's an exec lounge, if it's open on the weekend, if it's not, do they provide brekkie coupons, if closed, is it key accessible for soft drinks, is there free wifi or i-net terminals? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx.

Cheers.
My pleasure: open on weekends, free wifi, no terminals
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Exdon
My pleasure: open on weekends, free wifi, no terminals
Thanks - I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
When was your stay?
We were there last weekend and the lounge was fully open. I'm going to agree with Exdon that there were no terminals. I didn't notice a free wifi network, but I'm sure Exdon is correct about that one too.

The lounge chatter was often amusing. I got the impression that some of the guests are corporate bigwigs.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
FYI - the Zurich Marriott is currently undergoing some renovation work, including the hotel lobby. In the meantime, operations are being managed from a small, temporary check-in desk. It's functional -- just not very fancy. One of the elevators also seems to be undergoing major repair work, so there were some additional waits for the the elevator.

Even on a "AAA" rate, we received a great corner room on a high floor with very nice views of the central city. I think it's a very convenient location - just a few blocks from the main train station, mostly a pleasant walk along the Limmat River.

The lounge was closed for us on Sunday morning, though I believe that may have been due to the renovation work. We were offered vouchers for the hotel bar in the evening and for the restaurant in the morning. The breakfast buffet is nice, and probably more extensive than what was offered in the lounge.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by twa777
FYI - the Zurich Marriott is currently undergoing some renovation work, including the hotel lobby. In the meantime, operations are being managed from a small, temporary check-in desk. It's functional -- just not very fancy. One of the elevators also seems to be undergoing major repair work, so there were some additional waits for the the elevator.

Even on a "AAA" rate, we received a great corner room on a high floor with very nice views of the central city. I think it's a very convenient location - just a few blocks from the main train station, mostly a pleasant walk along the Limmat River.

The lounge was closed for us on Sunday morning, though I believe that may have been due to the renovation work. We were offered vouchers for the hotel bar in the evening and for the restaurant in the morning. The breakfast buffet is nice, and probably more extensive than what was offered in the lounge.
Thanks for the update. If you're still at the property, can you find out how long the renovation will last? Thx.

Cheers.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks BigE and Exdon!

Originally Posted by BigE
We were there last weekend and the lounge was fully open.
Originally Posted by Exdon
Stay there on a regular base and can confirm that this is one of the best. Getting nice upgrades even when staying on cheapo PL NYOP-deals, great views from upper floor, quality food in the lounge, fitness center in perfect condition, nice bar and great staff members. Last stays were in May 12.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:03 am

Thanks for the update. If you're still at the property, can you find out how long the renovation will last? Thx.
Sorry, I was only there for one night before an early flight out, and I didn't think to get more details until I was on the train to the airport. I believe there was a sign in the lobby that the work was slated to be done in August, though from the state of things I expect the work to extend past that.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Zurich Marriott - not really worth 5*/Cat.6 IMHO...

These two hotels are last two marriott during my summer vacation and they are most expensive ones. I stayed marriott hotels in brussel, ghent, vienna, budapest, the rate is in about USD120 to USD160. And they are almost all fantastic. But the last two expensive marriott in swiss are not that good.

First the Zurich marriott hotel, I do not understand why it is a category 8 hotel with the normal rate almost always over USD 300. Someone told me the swiss hotels always overpriced. It is OK as long as they provide the nice service. But it is not true.

The zurich marriott is not in best location. As a tourist, the best location means walking distance to famous sightsee places or city center. There is nothing around Zurich marriott. It took 5-10 minutes walk to zurich train station, where I find ATM, nice restaurants and convienent store.

The lobby of Zurich marriott is not big and splendid, just common.

They do have a lounge on the ground floor. It is small and almost always crowded. Compared to the lounge of vienna and budapest, this one is just so so. And I met a lot of airline staffs in the lobby and the lounge. Is it a category 8 marriott?

We stayed there only one night and did not got any room uograde as a platinum member. And we changed to Zurich park hyatt next day, that is a really nice hotel.

The staff in zurich marriott is nice and helpful. They charge 38 CHF on site parking fee. Because we arrive late that day, one marriott people advised me park on the street of the othe side of hotel because after 9:00 pm it is free until morning 8:00 am. We can't get up so early and still park in the hotel garage. But Anyway thank him a lot.

Overall, it is a good marriott hotel but definitely cannot meet the expectation of a category 8 marriott.

Renaissance lucerne hotel has better location. It is near the lake and very convienent for almost everything.

They have no lounge and hotel lobby is really small. They do offer us breakfast because of platinum membership. Breakfast is nice. Thanks! They told me we are upgraded to a so-called junior suite studio. But it is just a common guest room.

The strange things happened when we checked out. They know i am platinum member and still try to charge me internet fee. This is the first time in marriott property. And when I use gift card to pay for my room, the staff in Renaissance lucerne seems unhappy and spend about over 20 minutes to check every gift cards. At last they use 1USD =0.9 CHF to exchange the value of gift card, which is the rate they posted on the wall. It is very strange since I use marriott gift card many times and this is first marriott property treat marriott gift card that way. And only two days ago, Zurich marriott use 1USD=0.9575CHF, which is that exchange rate of that day. When I asked her politely, she just said in our hotel I use our rate. Since it is not big money, I am just Ok with that. But the feeling is not that good. I expect all marriott treat their loyal customer same.

During my trip, I stay in marriott for 10 nights. Most of the stays are really good. Some are just common. But my whole vacation is really nice. I learned a lot from this forum. Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:48 pm

Thanks for the update. If you're still at the property, can you find out how long the renovation will last?
I received an email from the Zurich Marriott this morning (in response to the survey questionnaire I submitted), in which their Guest Relations Manager said that work on their redesigned lobby has just been completed.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by kunk00
The zurich marriott is not in best location. As a tourist, the best location means walking distance to famous sightsee places or city center. There is nothing around Zurich marriott. It took 10-15 minutes walk to zurich train station, where I find ATM, nice restaurants and convienent store.
The Zürich Marriott may not be in the best location, though I think it's still a pretty good one. The walk to the train station is only about a 1/2km, and the Swiss National Museum is even closer, just across the river. Just past that is all of old town with many of the historic areas of the city, and we did all our sightseeing on foot. It would be nicer if the hotel were right in the center of the historic area, though being on the edge isn't so bad.

Being on the edge of the of the historic areas can also be a perk if you end up with the right room. We were in a corner room on a high floor and had a drop-dead gorgeous view looking out across it all, from the train station to the Fraumünster and out to Lake Zürich and the mountains beyond.

I do agree that it doesn't seem like the sort of hotel one would expect as a Category 8 property. Very nice, perhaps with some of the best "modern" rooms I've seen in a Marriott, but not extravagant. OTOH, I think it's often quite busy with business guests and that affects the category. In our case, I found a great AAA rate that made it about as inexpensive as a moderate hotel in the center of the old-town area.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by twa777
The Zürich Marriott may not be in the best location, though I think it's still a pretty good one. The walk to the train station is only about a 1/2km, and the Swiss National Museum is even closer, just across the river. Just past that is all of old town with many of the historic areas of the city, and we did all our sightseeing on foot. It would be nicer if the hotel were right in the center of the historic area, though being on the edge isn't so bad.

Being on the edge of the of the historic areas can also be a perk if you end up with the right room. We were in a corner room on a high floor and had a drop-dead gorgeous view looking out across it all, from the train station to the Fraumünster and out to Lake Zürich and the mountains beyond.

I do agree that it doesn't seem like the sort of hotel one would expect as a Category 8 property. Very nice, perhaps with some of the best "modern" rooms I've seen in a Marriott, but not extravagant. OTOH, I think it's often quite busy with business guests and that affects the category. In our case, I found a great AAA rate that made it about as inexpensive as a moderate hotel in the center of the old-town area.
I agree with you zurich marriott is a nice hotel but it does not meet the expectation of category 8. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.