Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:48 am

How about any metro or bus lines running between the hotel and d/t? I'd be willing to do this.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:54 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thanks all. I am using the two free nights
at the Renaissance. Upon arrival probably
staying one night in city before the two
nights. Leave early on next morning to PRG.
Sounds like it will work.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:59 am
Patron

ntamayo asked: How about any metro or bus lines running between the hotel and d/t?

There is a bus station right next door, but I have the impression that it is quicker to use the shuttle bus to the airport and from there the train to downtown.

Old Nov 12, 2002, 11:22 am

Is the shuttle bus to the airport a scheduled service, or upon request?
Old Nov 12, 2002, 11:39 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Hote-Airport bus is, I believe, scheduled (departure point: arrival level terminal B, on your very left when you exit the terminal(

I believe it runs, at least, every 30 minutes (hopefully more during 'rush-hours'), I remember to have read a schedule where this bus departs.

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 11-12-2002).]
Old Nov 17, 2002, 4:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Is the shuttle bus to the airport a scheduled service, or upon request?</font>
The Renaissance's airport shuttle is a free scheduled service, running every half hour between 6AM and 11:30PM daily. On weekdays it runs every 15 minutes from 6AM to 10:30AM, and from 4PM to 10PM (all times are hotel dept. times).

The ride takes approximately 10 minutes. From the shuttle stop (between Terminals A and B) to the train platforms takes a good 5 minutes (a bit faster going through Terminal A IMHO).

There is also a once-an-hour shuttle to downtown, which costs 20Fr. per day. First run at 9:10AM, last run at 11:10PM. It appears to take about 20 minutes, according to the schedule (no personal experience).
Old Dec 6, 2002, 9:38 am

From the shuttle bus stop it is best to cross the street (running between terminal and parking garage + train station) and enter the building through the second unmarked grey door on your right. It takes you right into the train station building. Much better than going to Terminal A, then to the bridge, across the bridge and back down again.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 1:09 pm

Hello all,

Just got back from a wonderful stay at Ren Zurich, and the concierge helped me scope out the public transit options between the hotel and downtown.

Granted, the hotel shuttle will be more convenient than the bus and may be included in the room price (normally CHF20).

However, if you're willing to venture out, public transit actually is a little cheaper and runs more frequently than the hotel's shuttle.

Hotel -&gt; Downtown
1. Walk around the corner from the hotel to the bus stop (Katzenbach, Opfikon)
2. Bus 788 to Bahnhof Oerlikon
3. Transfer to Tram 11 (dir. Rehalp)
4. Get off at Bahnhofquai/Hauptbahnhof, which lands you in downtown.

Journey's about 20min. Purchase a "Welcome-24hr" card for CHF10.80 at any ticket machine.

IMHO, the bus and tram transfers were very easy to make, as a first-time visitor to ZRH.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 11:38 am

Just wanted to bump this up to share my recent experience:

My wife and I stayed here early December for 2 nights. It seems pretty popular with flight crews given its proximity to ZRH.

As a GLD I received a concierge-level room with a "welcome plate" of fruit, cheese, and stollen (sp?). The king-size bed was outfitted with no more than a single down comforter; much to my wife's liking The desk had ample data ports, both modem and high-speed.

The concierge lounge was well-stocked for both breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres, and the TV room had a nice "ski-lodge" feel, esp. with the snow coming down outside. We were also able to check-out with the desk attendant, bypassing the sometimes-hectic front desk.

The Business Center on the conference room floor had three PC's with free internet access, one of few hotel BC's I've seen that offered it (much less a Renaissance BC).

Transportation between both ZRH and downtown was convenient with the hotel shuttle. The free shuttle runs every 15min in the mornings to ZRH, while the 20CHF-shuttle downtown to the central station runs every 30 min. When you book the room, verify that the room rate includes this city shuttle cost. Another option if you're more flexible is the public transit:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/002197.html

All in all, we found this to be one of the better Ren properties we've stayed at, and could see ourselves here in a future visit to Zurich.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 8:12 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Zurich Marriott - not really worth 5*/Cat.6 IMHO...

I just returned from a two-night stay at this hotel, and it has left me with excactly three positive impressions, so I'll give them first: The location right at the Limmat-river and only five minutes from the central station is very convenient, they have free internet-access in the lobby on two machines with good speed and a connected printer, and the fitness-center with a large indoor-pool, sauna, turkish-steambath and fitness is great.

Everything else was way sub-par for a five star in my opinion. Got an upgraded room (read: bigger TV and city-view) due to my silver-status with Marriott, but that room was pretty much the worldwide standard of your regular suburban Marriott that go as a three star. Disgusting green carpet, uncomfortable and hard King bed (no spring-frame but plywood under the matress), comfort chair with small desk, workdesk, armoire with mini-bar, and not much room left. Bathroom had a tub with removable-shower, sink, toilet and bidet and was decent in size. Everything was clean, however.

Room was in poor state of maintenance, with a running toilet, loud air-condition (too loud to keep it on over night), hastily fixed wallplates in the bathroom and so on. Amenities were pretty much non-existent; standard Neutrogena shampoo, conditioner and lotion, towels hard as a rock, no small things like a shoe-cleaner, twice-daily room service, bathrobe or such. No turndown-service either. In general service by staff of this hotel was robotic and not even remotely friendly. Hotel-TV offered weekend dinner-buffet, but that had been discontinued weeks ago already when I went to have it. Reception (which I asked before going to the restaurant in the North Tower) did not know that as well. Breakfast was so-so, but pricey. Had the continental option for 19.50 francs which fed me but only consisted of coffee/tea, juices, breads, jelly and pastries. Even a yoghurt was extra...really a bit spartan. Full breakfast including a few hot items was 31 Francs but not worth it in my opinion.

All in all very disappointing for a 5*/Marriott Cat. 6 hotel. Even for the price I paid I felt it was only the location that was really premium, everything else left much to be desired. I will go back to Zurich, but will certainly avoid this hotel.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 28, 2003, 9:09 am

I fully agree with your review.

I staid there 2 yrs ago as Platinum member, and did not get a decent treatment neither.

I got a really crappy room and went down to complain about it. In the end, the guy reacted in a very neutral way, saying my room was in fact one of the better ones.

He claimed it was due to the old structure of the building.

The breakfast was lovely...I just forked out the 31 Swiss Francs without thinking about it.

After all: I will never go back to the place !
Old Jan 28, 2003, 1:15 pm

Location: newnan, ga, usa PM and 2mm Delta, LPM Marriott, Diamond Hyatt, Diamond Best Western, gold NW, Platinum 6C Priority
Sounds like a different hotel than the one my wife and I stayed at for 3 days in spring and 7 days in October.

As mentioned, the location is delightful and we had corner rooms with gorgeous views of the river and the park. The room was small, but nice, although we also experienced a maintenance problem with the bathroom lighting. I didn't notice the decor and colors.

The concierge was open all seven days and had a very good breakfast buffet and excellent appetizers and deserts at night. The front desk staff left something to be desired, but housekeeping and Concierge were very nice and helpful. We'll go back next year for another week.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 8:41 am

Zurich Marriott Opinions

I will be staying at the Zurich Marriott this summer and I was wondering what others who have stayed there thought of this property.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 9:07 am

Location: newnan, ga, usa PM and 2mm Delta, LPM Marriott, Diamond Hyatt, Diamond Best Western, gold NW, Platinum 6C Priority
Suggest you do a search. This has been covered before
I love the place, by the way
Old Mar 1, 2003, 8:43 am
Gui

I have stayed there quite a few times. I like it because it is located just far enough from the center of downtown that it seems rather quiet in and around the hotel. And it is close enough to the center of town that one can walk to anywhere as conveniently as if they were staying in the center of town.
It is a nice 5-7 minute walk to the Bahnhof the Bahnhofstrasse..and the Neiderdorfstasse(?) ..all and all it a typical Marriott property, in a nice location. They also have a great breakfast buffet. And the Thai Restaurant located inside of the hotel is known as one of the best Restaurants in Zurich and is excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.