Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pudding GOLD for life??????

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2000, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Pudding GOLD for life??????

I think there is something wrong with the pudding story.

Whenever I get bonus miles from a rental car company or MCI, the miles do NOT count toward my status, only my account balance.

Thus, if I get 10,000 miles from MCI in a year, that does not push me from SILVER to GOLD.

Did anybody think about this besides me?

------------------
Mark Robinson
Old Mar 21, 2000, 9:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
welcome to your/our board MarkRLV.

in which airline-frequent flier program are you a member (as far as I know AA does count those miles = all miles; UA and most others don't).
Old Mar 21, 2000, 9:15 pm

Hi Mark, from what I understand American's AAdvantage program is somewhat unique in that they keep track of "program-to-date" miles and members receive lifetime gold status at one million miles, regardless of how they were earned. As a new benefit, other FlyerTalkers have said American now grants lifetime platinum at 2 million miles. Short of the million mile mark, program-to-date miles don't result in any status changes.
Old Mar 21, 2000, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that could be the problem. I'm in United and Continental. AA really does, huh? WOW!

I still like Continental however. Make SILVER and get free first class upgrades.

I don't like it that United and AA only give four 500 mile coupons per 10,000 miles flown.

------------------
Mark Robinson
Old Mar 21, 2000, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Mark,

Welcome.

I don't like the 500 mile coupon books for each 10,000 miles flown either and if I ever leave UAL, that will be one of my biggest reasons. Stingy, stingy, stingy.

[This message has been edited by Punki (edited 03-21-2000).]
Old Mar 21, 2000, 9:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
if you don't like those 500-miles-booklets - please send them to me: Rudi Martel, Chliwisstrasse 3, CH-8142 Uitikon-Waldegg, Switzerland. Thank you.
Old Mar 21, 2000, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

I didn't say I didn't like them Rudi. I don't like the system that requires them. It is just that they are too stingy with them.

------------------
Mark Robinson
Old Mar 21, 2000, 9:41 pm

Partner points count towards "bonus" status on Southwest Airlines, regardless of how earned.

Delta Airlines applies certain points earned via American Express when you upgrade to Platnium. Those are the only 2 programs that I know of.
Old Mar 22, 2000, 7:55 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Mark,

The non-airline miles do NOT count for Executive Platinum/Platinum/Gold status on American. Only real miles earned on Oneworld carriers count. HOWEVER, if you earn 1 million miles (earned any way you want) they will give you lifetime gold. 2 million miles gives you lifetime platinum. This means that you can generally earn lifetime platinum much easier on AA than you can reach the same level with UA (which requires 1 million ACTUAL miles). Of course, Continental no longer has its lifetime elite program ("infinite elite") and CO (good for them!) grandfathered their lifetime people to their top level (Platinum) not their middle level (gold) which is what AA and UA do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.