Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cancun [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
JW Marriott Cancun Club 91 Promo

Enhance your vacations with Club 91, the most refined level of service in paradise, at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa.

From August 10 - October 18, 2014, stay any night and receive:

• Round trip transportation to/from Cancun's International Airport for two adults and two children*
• Private check in and check out at Club 91 Lounge
• Exclusive key access
• Five daily food and beverage presentations at Club 91 Lounge
• Access to the second floor of the Spa (steam room & sauna)
• Upgraded amenities
• Pillow menu
• Concierge services
• Premium open bar from 6:00PM to 10:00PM
• 25% off spa treatments at the resort's spa
• 25% off food and beverages at any resort restaurant

A limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 1-800-834-7261 from within the US, or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers outside the US and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: October 18, 2014
Promotional Code: M11

Terms & Conditions:
* A surcharge for additional guest transportation may apply.

Rates displayed are for 2 adults and 2 children under 5 years old per room. Children from 6 to 12 years old pay $40 USD plus taxes per day. Additional guests over 13 years pay $70 USD plus taxes per day. Club 91 staff will contact guest via email for flight info. Spa discount is valid only on treatments of 50 minutes or longer, and does not apply to packages, promotions and beauty salon services. Spa discount and food and beverage discount only applies at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort. Rates are based on availability at the time of reservations. Other restrictions apply.

Rates and discounts may be applied to one regular room per stay, per member, based on double occupancy on dates listed. A "hotel stay" or "stay" means all consecutive nights spent with Marriott by a registered Marriott Rewards member. Rates and discounts not available during special events. Offer not available to groups of 10 or more rooms. Tax is additional and rates may not be combined with any other offer or discount. Room rate does not apply to meeting rooms. Blackout dates may exist and advance reservations are required.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jul 24, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:48 pm

Another promo:

Begin every day with everything you need at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa or CasaMagna® Marriott Cancun Resort.

From October 19 - December 31, 2014, stay any night Sunday - Thursday and receive:

♦ Deluxe accommodations
♦ Breakfast buffet for two adults
♦ Wireless Internet access
♦ 25% off spa treatments
♦ 25% off food and beverages at any of our restaurants

A limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 1-800-834-7261 from within the US, or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers outside the US and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: December 31, 2014
Promotional Code: M11

For guests staying at the CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort, breakfast will be served at La Capilla Argentina restaurant. For guests staying at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort, breakfast will be served at Sedona Grill restaurant. Daily Internet access is valid for up to two devices per room. Spa discount is valid exclusively at the Spa of the hotel in which the rooms are booked. Discount is valid only on treatments of 50 min or longer and does not apply to packages or promotions. Beauty salon services not included in discount. Restaurant discount is valid only at the restaurants located in the hotel in which the guests are staying. Limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions. Rates are based on availability at the time of reservations. Other restrictions apply.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:55 am

JW vs Ritz Cancun Pool temperature

Hi everyone,

I have a question for people who used the pool around this time of the year in Cancun. I want a heated pool where I enter and I don't feel a chill going up my back

The best pool experience I had was at the Hilton Los Cabos.

Anyway, I have stayed at the JW Cancun and the pool was warm (but not as warm as the Hilton Los Cabos), but this was in June time.

I wonder if the Ritz keeps their pool a bit warmer.

Appreciate the feedback.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA-EP, MR-PP
JW Pool Just Fine

I am staying here now, and the pool temperature is great. The pool is definitely heated, and they are running it.

I've never stayed at the Ritz, so can't comment on that one.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Just completed a 4 day stay at the JW. We took at a walk over the Casa Magna next door just to check it out. While I cannot comment on the difference of the actual rooms (JW has great rooms, and awesome bathrooms), I can generally say I was very pleased with our decision to spend a few extra points and stay at the JW. The biggest difference for me was the pool area. Not even a close comparison. JW pool was beautiful, lush gardens, very pretty. Chairs had nice cushions, nice wood umbrellas. The CM Marriott was just 1 large pool & a lot of concrete. The lobby, lobby bar area was not as nice either.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
Trying to decide whether to stay at JW or CasaMagna (we have stayed at JW earlier but never at CasaMagna). Both seem to have pretty good prices, CasaMagna has every fourth night free kind of offer which would result in us only paying $150 per night after that discount, including all the taxes AND $50 per day resort credit as well. Sounds almost too good to be true? And JW would be $237 inc. taxes, no resort credit but including breakfast for two and -25% discount on all food and beverages. Both offers include internet access as well, which they might or might not give to plats anyway, don't remember.

These both are offers that are available to any MR member.

I think I would choose CM because it's so much cheaper but on the other hand, the gym at JW is excellent and the one at CM seems to be a lot more basic even if I have never been there.
Ive stayed at both and I had great experiences at both. I'd choose the CasaMagna because it is cheaper but you get the same great service.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I'm currently debating the same choice. My question is, does anyone know if the room renovations are complete at CasaMagna? The JW rooms appear dated in photos and the site says they are like 10 years old. JW certainly has the edge pool wise (with the infinity section) but the CM has a swim up bar!
Old May 30, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
No comments on this?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by lucycan
No comments on this?
I'm going to bump this, too, as I'm trying to decide between these two properties.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by lucycan
My question is, does anyone know if the room renovations are complete at CasaMagna?
If no one posts, contact the hotel directly & post what they say re: renovations. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:55 am

Pools

Kind of a weird question, but does anyone know if what pools are swim-able at the JW Marriott? There appear to be a lot of "lazy-river" type pools, but not sure if swimming is allowed or if they are just for decoration.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by dngrmys
Kind of a weird question, but does anyone know if what pools are swim-able at the JW Marriott? There appear to be a lot of "lazy-river" type pools, but not sure if swimming is allowed or if they are just for decoration.
Swimming in the pool is not against the rules, and I have never seen a pool in 1000+ hotel nights where it is. I presume that by "swim-able" you mean suitable for a serious swimmer who wishes to do laps for exercise. There is no area set aside for such activity. The pools are occupied by casual swimmers splashing around.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Warning for anyone staying at the Ritz Carlton Cancun - the hotel is undergoing major renovations (they don't list that on their website) and has a lot of construction going on throughout the hotel. Did a club level room (with RC card certs) only to find out the Club Lounge is closed and a makeshift lounge is set up on a different floor by the main atrium with construction in the floors above and below as well as construction on the beach. Extremely annoying - we complained to the Club Lounge manager that nobody informed us that this level of construction was going on - got a suite upgrade as a result. (Inquired about a suite upgrade at check in and they wanted an extra $400 a night for it).
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by twoner32
no lounge at JW...only Club 91 (costs extra).

I'd say yes, JW is so nice....better pools. better place.
Does the CasaMagna have an executive lounge?

Am a Marriot Platinum--but assume no free breakfast since CM is a resort.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Does the CasaMagna have an executive lounge?

Am a Marriot Platinum--but assume no free breakfast since CM is a resort.
No Executive Lounge, no free breakfast due to being a resort. When we stayed there, we got the Sand Dollar rate that included the breakfast buffet. There isn't much for breakfast in walking distance beside the McDonald's across the street. So we were happy to have access to the hotel's breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.