Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Maui Marriott Ocean Club, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maui Marriott Ocean Club, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2004, 7:09 am

After I responded to you last night, I went to Marriott.com to check out the Maui Marriott.

There are some award rooms left for Feb, but they are erratic and none will give you a full vacation on awards. I did see dates available for both Sat/Sun of the last 2 weekends in Feb.

If you go to the site, put in ONE SINGLE night you want in Feb, then when you get the "unavailable" message, scroll down to the alternate date finder and just put in, for example, one night in Feb, beginning Feb 1st, checking 4 weeks, and you will see all the award availability for that month.

It might be a better option to book a few nights on award stays and pay for a few. I will say that the type of room and view available did vary, so it may be worth your while to play around and see which combination of rooms/dates/views agrees with your travel needs. You won't get a full vacation on points but you will get to Hawaii

As an aside, I have stayed at this hotel twice and enjoyed it. It's not a fancy mega-resort but the pool area was nice and the beach (when it's there) was great. Awesome views from the room. Enjoy!
Old Apr 15, 2004, 8:31 am

February is probably the most difficult month to get, even as a timeshare owner! We have to get up at the crack of dawn and call to make our reservations one year in advance to the day! It's terrible for those of us who travel during high season. Also, we have been rained out a number of times in February. Can you travel in March? The weather is much better and the whales are still there. Just an idea.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 9:32 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Originally Posted by Nonstoptravelguy
Just tried to book a 7 night award stay at the Marriott on Kaanapali Beach for February 2005. The hotel is already requiring stay anytime reward certificates!! Talked to several levels of Marriott customer service personnel hoping to catch a break, but no luck. The hotel web site didn't show black out dates.

Does anyone have advice? Does Marriott free up more rewards 60 or 90 days out?
May I suggest you look at a 563 Hawaii award. I did this last year staying a few nights at the Marriott Maui and a few nights at the Renaissance Wailea. With this reward you can combine up to three HI hotels/resorts in a 7-night stay. Doing this, you may be able to get a few nights at the Marriott, and a few at the Renaissance Wailea and/or the Marriott Wailea. (I prefer the Wailea end of the island, but eveyone one is different.)
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:59 am

Duplicate - deleted

Last edited by bobbornstein; Apr 15, 2004 at 3:40 pm Reason: Duplicate - deleted
Old Apr 15, 2004, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by flyerwife
If you go to the site, put in ONE SINGLE night you want in Feb, then when you get the "unavailable" message, scroll down to the alternate date finder and just put in, for example, one night in Feb, beginning Feb 1st, checking 4 weeks, and you will see all the award availability for that month.
Tried this but can not find the "alternate date finder"

Any suggestions?
Old Apr 15, 2004, 1:46 pm

Bobbornstein,
I'll try to help as best as I can...

Go to the Marriott site as if you were going to reserve a room for Maui, Hawiaii for, say Feb 1, 2005 for one night. Use the advanced search to check the "reserve online with Marriott points". And be sure to put your Marriott # in.

Click on Maui Marriott, then "select a rate".
Scroll down from that page and at the bottom you should see "Didn't find what you were looking for?" Click on the words "Let alternate date finder show you...."

The put in a start date of Feb 1 for one night and a 4 week window.
You should be presented with various options for rooms.

I just did this and came up with the following award availability
for Feb 2005:

Quality room (non-view) avail Feb 1, 4, 9, 10, 16
Ocean view avail Feb 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 27, 28
Deluxe ocean view avail Feb 3, 4, 6, 20, 27, 28
(Dates on the upgraded room availability will vary a bit, depending on whether you choose to upgrade using points or cash, but this is what I found available on a fast check today.)

Failing that, I think you could probably just call Marriott and ask them to find any dates in Feb that have availabilty for the type of room and method of upgrade payment you prefer. Also, many have mentioned previously that it is often advantageous to call the hotel directly, though I think they all work off the same availability system. You might get someone more willing to search further at the hotel itself. And don't forget that you may have to mix an award stay with some paid nights.

Also, I found that the Wailea Marriott is available for award stays for virtually EVERY night in February 2005, if that location interests you.

Hope this helps!
Old May 9, 2004, 9:39 am

Wink maui ocean club w/ teens

We are planning a graduation trip to Maui Ocean Club Resort for our family. Has anyone been there in the summer and can we expect lots of teens? If this is a resort catering to couples or those with small kids we may need to look elsewhere. Thanks for any input.
How is the beach?
Old May 9, 2004, 11:27 am

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
by mistake.........

Last edited by dunwu; May 9, 2004 at 11:30 am
Old May 9, 2004, 1:09 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
I spend a month at the Maui resort every summer,most of it is timeshares now. I don't know what your looking for but it's like most Marriotts, Family oriented. We have no kids so we just deal with it. The beach during the summer is small on that part of the island and the pool area is fairly large so everyone can get along. I don't feel like it is totally run over with kids or is it a couples only kid of place.

If you want something more high end and quiet you may eant to look at Waliea.
Old May 9, 2004, 3:18 pm

clarification

We are looking for a marriott that does have lots of activities, especially for teens
Old May 9, 2004, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PETEFLYS
If you want something more high end and quiet you may eant to look at Waliea.
I agree....Maui Marriott is not over run by kids but is very kid friendly
Old May 10, 2004, 8:45 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
You and your teens will be fine at the Ocean Club

IIRC, there is a shuttle that runs between it, and the other Kaanapali resorts, to Lahaina. I suggest taking that instead of driving as parking in Lahaina can be horrendous. The teens will probably enjoy the excursion.
Old May 10, 2004, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta platinum, Marriott platinum
Over the past six years my wife and I have made multiple trips and during them taken 1) our two sons while teenagers (including their years of graduation from h/s); 2) our oldest son and his fiancee; 3) our youngest son and his girlfriend; 4) our godchildren, ages 16, 11, and 8. All of these folks can't wait to go back to the Maui Ocean Club. We have gone summer and winter and Hawaii is wonderful any time of year.There will be young kids, teenagers, young adults, and old adults. What is so great about Kaanapali Beach and Lahaina is their appeal to all ages. What makes this Marriott so special is its location and walking access to so many different activities. No one of any age has ever complained about having to go to Maui again.
Old May 10, 2004, 9:08 pm

Construction?

The Marriott website indicates that there will be heavy construction beginning in April for quite some time at this property. Anyone stayed there recently and have comments/observations?

I will be calling to see what the hotel has to say.

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2004, 9:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Originally Posted by jrossi
I will be calling to see what the hotel has to say.Thanks!

jrossi: A belated welcome to FT! Try a search. There have been extensive notes about construction at this hotel. You might get some good opinions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.