Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Maui Marriott Ocean Club, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maui Marriott Ocean Club, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just received an offer for the Hyatt next door. The price is $849 for 5 nights vs. $499 for 5N at Marriott in 2012 (or $599 for 1BR). However I must say I am feeling a lot more love from Hyatt timeshare sales than Marriott. Specifically:
  • No resort fee @ Hyatt
  • No parking fee @ Hyatt
  • Full points for promo package price (you do not MR points if you purchase an MVC promo package though you will if you pay the higher rates on Marriott website)
  • Full EQN credit (zippo at Marriott)
  • 10k Hyatt GP points (v. $100 merchant cert from MVC)

They also said they would try to get me a Diamond upgrade. At MVC we had to beg for a better room than the parking lot view (as a Plat!) and even then didn't end up with anything very impressive (2nd floor, partial view).

The Hyatt package is at the hotel because the timeshares are still under construction, but that actually works better as they have an awesome pool and the restaurant is much better than Longboards.

Anyway, the Marriott deal isn't bad (we've done it 2x) but they may need to step up their game soon...
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:29 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by falco
I have been through several timeshare pitches, some are very, very pressure filled.

Listen attentively and then explain that you booked this trip months ago and pre-paid. Since then, you have just lost your job and it is not prudent to invest at this time...

Marriott is normally a lower-pressure sell.
No reason to lie. At the 90-min mark just say, I only came for the points, have no interest and want to get on with my vacation.
Marriott will let you guy. It is easy.

Also, make sure to use the time to ask questions. Good restaurants in the area. Anything that people forget to do. Any other suggestions on what to do etc... The Reps sometimes have good info on the area and it makes the time worthwhile for you.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
which tower

If I book a "1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Bathrooms: 2, Ocean view, Balcony" for 45K pts, is there any way to know which of these towers, Molokai, Maui & Lanai, I'll be in? And, why doesn't it show the Lahaina Tower as an option? Is that for timeshare owners only?

[Edit: I just discovered that the Lahaina & Napili towers are the timeshare section of the resort. Lahaina Tower is south of the main "hotel" and Napili Tower is north. Here's a link to the property map: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-pMXGQ/i-8Gn7spJ ]

Last edited by philemer; Feb 22, 2014 at 5:20 pm
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:00 pm

This is in the hotel part converted to timeshare, 2 hotel rooms to one BR! Kitchen living area in 2nd
Key is 2 bathrooms

Kitchen is really minimal in this type of unit
All of this resort is now timeshare, hotel all timeshare units then 2 new timeshare buildings built specifically as timeshares
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
This is in the hotel part converted to timeshare, 2 hotel rooms to one BR! Kitchen living area in 2nd.
Key is 2 bathrooms

Kitchen is really minimal in this type of unit
All of this resort is now timeshare, hotel all timeshare units then 2 new timeshare buildings built specifically as timeshares
So are you saying that the rooms for rent on marriott.com are also available to timeshare owners to trade into?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:07 pm

I think the units for rent onmarriott.com have been given up by owners , exchanged for points?
But these units are indeed the same type that owners trade into, depends what type of unit owners bought, original hotel renovation into TSs or if they bought into the 2 new buildings
Traders from other locations get what is available on interval international, ( very complicated)
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:20 pm

Using Points at Marriott Maui Ocean Club

I have used Marriott Reward points for stays at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club in the past. However, for the last year or so, I have seen virtually no availability for this property using points. Rooms are available for dollars, just not points. I just did another search and there isn't a single room available for point use for the next year. In contrast, at the Marriott Ko'Olina Ocean Club (a similar Marriott timeshare property in Hawaii), I can see rooms available for points for most days for the entire year. Any thoughts about why there is a difference and whether there will ever be another room available at the Maui timeshare property using points? Thanks for your insights.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
We had a post on this topic not long ago; there might be some helpful info for you here: Hawaii Time Share Award Space
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:28 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
this property now limits the number of chairs on the beach to around 25. Make a reservation or be out of luck.

Plenty of chairs that one could take on the beach but no, not allowed. Have to pay $10 per chair for one of the 25 that are allowed.

Total Crap !!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:02 am

You could always go to the store and buy a basic cheap lounge chair and take it to the beach instead. No limits on that.
Old May 19, 2021, 7:50 am

Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club using marroitt points

guys - is this possible to use plain marriott points to book a stay here? I looked through may 2022 and no availability

thx
Old May 19, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Extremely rare to be able to use points there. I will sometimes find a day for points, but nothing else.
Old May 19, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I did once 10+ years ago for a studio in the Napili Tower. It almost never comes up. Actually, I have found for the last few years availability for MVC bookings with Marriott Bonvoy points has become virtually nonexistent in general. Availability was never great but now is virtually impossible. Still, keep checking frequently, you might get lucky. In the meantime, book a cancellable alternate accommodation you would truly be happy with. Most likely you will wind up going with the alternate due to lack of MVC availability.

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.