Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Maui Marriott Ocean Club, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maui Marriott Ocean Club, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2003, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Cholula,

Thanks for answering my questions.

yyz
Old Jan 25, 2003, 4:15 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Marriot Maui Vacation Club

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club in Maui? Is it really a 5 star resort?
Old Jan 25, 2003, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Gold; Starwood Gold; UAL Premier; Delta Silver
We've been staying at that property for twenty years. Way before it was a 5 star resort.

Two years ago we bought a condo in Maui but still have a house account at the Marriott and visit there nearly every day after the beach.

It, recently, went through a 72 million dollar renovation. Well worth a stay. Great people.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 25, 2003, 11:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
jaynyc....we own a bunch of Marriott timeshares/shared ownership units at Maui's Ocean Club. The hotel portion itself...which is gradually disappearing as it too is being converted to shared ownership units...is OK. I'd rate it a 6.5-7.0 on a 1-10 scale of all Marriott's I've stayed at. The timeshares are 9's easily. The pool and the physical location of the hotel are second to none worldwide....and I've been there and done that most everywhere.
The restaurants within the Marriott are nothing to write home about but there are many world class restaurants within a few miles of the Marriott.
Overall, I'd highly recommend the Maui Marriott if your goal is to visit a world class, beautiful destination. Everything on Maui is VERY relaxed and laid back and in my estimation is the ideal vacation spot.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat,Hilton Diamond,Lifetime Marriott Platinum Premier
Maui Ocean Club

Does anyone know if the new Vacation club rooms at the Maui Ocean club resort have a full kitchen like most of the other Marriott Vacation club rooms?
I stayed early in the construction phase and the room had a small frig and a microwave.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 8:51 am

What you saw is what you get.

Marriott's official description: "Gourmet center featuring sink, microwave, bar-size refrigerator, dishwasher, and service for eight"
Old Apr 29, 2003, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1P
It does not have a full kitchen like other MVCI purpose build property (Ko Olina, Waiohai). This one is converted from a hotel and only has a "Partial Kitchen". This is typical of "converted" properties.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 2:46 pm

When we bought our units at this property, the sales agent told us they didn't have a stove or oven because of "fire regulations". Hard to know if that was the true story or not. We had less than zero interest in either kitchen appliance so it wasn't an issue for us.
The kitchen is functional and more than suffices for what few meals we actually cook there.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 1:16 pm

Maui Marriott Ocean Club--OF--best floor?

We'll be renting a large ocean front villa next year (all adults). I know the view is incredible from the top, but the lanais are much larger on the lower levels. I'm not sure what to request--upper or lower. If you've stayed here, please tell me what you prefer and why.

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2003, 7:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ec967:
We'll be renting a large ocean front villa next year (all adults). I know the view is incredible from the top, but the lanais are much larger on the lower levels. I'm not sure what to request--upper or lower. If you've stayed here, please tell me what you prefer and why.Thanks!</font>

We own three units at the Maui Ocean Club.....two OF units and one OV unit. I too am very particular where we are placed. I've been using the units for the last two years and have been placed on various levels. At the present time, the Molokai wing is the only one open. Later this year, the Lanai wing will open for VC bookings.
I'd suggest calling NOW and requesting a unit on or above the sixth floor.
The units from floors one to five have larger( deeper) lanais but they are broken up by the brick walls. The lanais at floor six and above have less depth but they are one continuous, sweeping, wrap around lanai. Plus the lower level units have the view somewhat blocked by the palm trees along the beach.
We're going back to use one of our OF units in a couple weeks and have requested....and were assured....that we would get a unit on the eighth or ninth floor.
Since you are going next year, the OF units in the Lanai wing have less of a view problem as they are set back from the ocean somewhat. I'd still suggest rooms at six or above...either wing... if you can get them.
Bottomline, regardless of where your room ends up, this is a spectacular resort and we enjoy every second of the time we are there.
Have a great trip!!

Old Jul 28, 2003, 7:33 am

Thanks, I really appreciate your reply. My dilemma is we're going with my parents (in their 70's) this time. They love to "lounge" and the idea of a large lanai is very appealing to them. But not at the expense of the view. I didn't even think about palm trees blocking it. This may be the last time they're able to travel to Hawaii, so I want things to be as perfect for them as possible.
I'll pass along your comments. I imagine we'll be trying to get on the 6th floor or higher. Thanks so much for the input.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 8:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ec967:
They love to "lounge" and the idea of a large lanai is very appealing to them. But not at the expense of the view.</font>
I don't recomment a unit in the Lanai wing for your parents even next year as construction should be ongoing on that wing; if your parents want to hang out on the lanai during the day, it may get too noisy. Also, the luau grounds are on that side, right under the ocean front units so it gets pretty noisy at night for a couple of hours. The luau occurs either every day or almost all week. I would request the Molokai wing.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 12:30 pm

We're not going until mid-April. Do you think construction might be finished by then? I wasn't aware you could request the wing you wanted too--thanks for the tip. I really appreciate it--(so will my parents!)
Old Jul 28, 2003, 8:54 pm

We're not going until mid-April. Do you think construction might be finished by then? I wasn't aware you could request the wing you wanted too--thanks for the tip. I really appreciate it--(so will my parents!)</font>
Hi again. When we were over there last month, our Marriott rep said the construction on the top three floors of the Lanai wing would be complete by October of this year. I have always found the construction to be an non event but I know some are super sensitive to it. So there will be construction happening on the lower floors for the next 12 months.
Just to be safe, I agree with Scotch and suggest you request the Molokai wing, floors six to nine, just to be safe.
BTW, you can request a wing and floor but what happens when you show up can be a different matter. Even as an owner of multiple units, I get the occasional hassle.
Just request, cross your fingers, and be assured you'll LOVE your vacation no matter where you eventually end up. And the best to your parents...hope it's the trip of their life!!

Old Jul 29, 2003, 12:05 pm

Thank you both for the info and the kind wishes for my parents. You've been an incredible help. We'll go for the Molokai Wing, floors 6-9. I truly appreciate it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.