FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Snagged myself a Formula 1 hospitality day (not race day) with Mercedes after many attempts at various races. Anybody got first hand experience of one of these?
I was wondering how it is myself.

How much do race day tickets go for usually?

I also wondered which stands they sell tickets to. It's vague.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:59 pm

Any reviews of the suite at the US Open yet? I believe it is a different one than last year.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
NY Rangers

Any idea when NHL games will go on sale?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plt, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Went to the Carrie Underwood concert last night in the SPG Suite at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Everything was top notch and the suite is amazing...I would recommend it to everyone! Thanks SPG!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Any idea when NHL games will go on sale?
Wondering if they still have the MSG suite for Knicks/Rangers as it should have gone on sale by now.

Fingers crossed
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Wondering if they still have the MSG suite for Knicks/Rangers as it should have gone on sale by now.

Fingers crossed
A whole bunch of events just got released. However, very disappointed with the redemption rate for all of the Staples events.

LA Kings regular season games increased from 15K to 35K and Lakers/Clippers from 35K to 45K.

Looks like it is not a valuable redemption option for me anymore as I would rather pay cash (at least for sports events).
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:44 pm

Cubs NLDS

Cubs NLDS was posted today. 45000 points for most seats but not too bad considering what the good tickets are going for on Stubhub.

Last edited by BigD420; Sep 21, 2016 at 6:00 pm
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by esquesk
A whole bunch of events just got released. However, very disappointed with the redemption rate for all of the Staples events.

LA Kings regular season games increased from 15K to 35K and Lakers/Clippers from 35K to 45K.

Looks like it is not a valuable redemption option for me anymore as I would rather pay cash (at least for sports events).
Thanks for posting. I'm going to the Rangers vs Devils preseason game for 25k!
I can't justify spending 55k for regular season.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
When Moments first launched it was with the drive by Starwood to provide amazing events but not to over charge or try to totally maximise points useage, more to add something else that would tempt people to stay and collect spg points. Now however it does feel much more like they are trying to charge the very top rate they can for points, there are still some bargains out there when they do auctions that few people bid on but generally it is far less appealing than it once used to be!

A bit like a few other SPG programs, start great then goes down hill and looses value, although Marriott soon so no doubt only the tip of the iceberg!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:17 am

Delete.

Last edited by yanxfann; Oct 22, 2016 at 9:44 am
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BigD420
Cubs NLDS was posted today. 45000 points for most seats but not too bad considering what the good tickets are going for on Stubhub.
Damn. I didn't in a million years expect they'd have postseason for points.

Speculation....World Series tix? 100,000 each? 200,000? Higher? Would you trade an entire Marriott Travel Package (or two...) for a Cubs World Series ticket?

Last year's Wrigley WS listings on Stubhub were solidly above $5k (with many seats far higher), so I'm thinking YES a lot of people would.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Angry

Originally Posted by pinniped
Damn. I didn't in a million years expect they'd have postseason for points.

Speculation....World Series tix? 100,000 each? 200,000? Higher? Would you trade an entire Marriott Travel Package (or two...) for a Cubs World Series ticket?

Last year's Wrigley WS listings on Stubhub were solidly above $5k (with many seats far higher), so I'm thinking YES a lot of people would.
They are listed and already top 150k points.

All of them are auction style.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by singal3
They are listed and already top 150k points.

All of them are auction style.
They dont list where the seats are either. Anyone ever use SPG points for a postseason game which didnt list where the seats are? Were they decent seats?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The big point price auctions have made this SPG Moments a game mostly for the "manufactured spend" and credit card-churning ultra-gamers when it comes to the high value opportunities in cash terms. And the mutability of Marriott and SPG points is a dream scenario for that ultra-gamer crowd.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 10, 2016 at 5:11 am
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/97632

http://www.onlysimchas.com/news/4099...b-world-series

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.