FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
A couple of years ago during the US Open SPG moments ending of many auctions on their website their servers crashed. Caused all sorts of problems with myself and others that could not put a bid in the last 2 hours. They apologized and claimed to have rectifyied the situation.

Now this morning and even late yesterday just in time for the US Open auction to be live they experienced another problem. And once again I suffered the consequences. It seems like on Chrome the formatting was so messed up i could not even see the available listings. Internet Explorer would not even allow it to be viewed. By the time their IT Department resolved the issue mid-morning some of the most desirable listings were long gone.

Cmon SPG/Marriott , you can do better!!!!

#sofrustrated
Yeah, agreed.

It's also pretty funny that I just barely got the e-mail telling me to go look at the US Open Moments, when half of them have been sold out for two days already.

I guess these tickets are really popular, but it does seem like the most problem-plagued set of SPG Moments, which is sad because they're also the ones I'm most interested in.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LTS
I tried all browsers that morning - chrome, IE and firefox. Firefox was some what better and I was able to snag suite tickets for 2nd Sep evening session. But since it was not clear how many tickets were available in a package I bought 2. Was able to get a refund by emailing them though.

There are a lot of good packages available - especially for the finals - unfortunately all of them are auctions.

Does anyone have any idea how much do they historically go for? I would love to buy a suite package for the men's finals. there are about 20 available. I don't mind cancelling the one which I have already purchased.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Ksw299
I tried all browsers that morning - chrome, IE and firefox. Firefox was some what better and I was able to snag suite tickets for 2nd Sep evening session. But since it was not clear how many tickets were available in a package I bought 2. Was able to get a refund by emailing them though.

There are a lot of good packages available - especially for the finals - unfortunately all of them are auctions.

Does anyone have any idea how much do they historically go for? I would love to buy a suite package for the men's finals. there are about 20 available. I don't mind cancelling the one which I have already purchased.
If I recall they were somewhere between 110,000nd 150,000 points
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:20 pm

It seems as if the number of "MUSIC MOMENTS" events has dropped quite a bit within the last couple of months. As of now, there are only 23 events in that category, and none of them are in the New York area. Is Starwood aiming to phase this part of the program out?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Sucks, was hoping to snag the MSG Suite for GNR in October. Likely being phased out with the merger.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by alvn
It seems as if the number of "MUSIC MOMENTS" events has dropped quite a bit within the last couple of months. As of now, there are only 23 events in that category, and none of them are in the New York area. Is Starwood aiming to phase this part of the program out?

These look new ! ? Hoping for October!

https://auction.starwoodhotels.com/m...concert-series
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Was interested to see that the auction keeps running if you bid within 5 minutes of the end time. The 7 packages for the French Laundry went on for an extra hour (past the scheduled close) 160K for each package (that's 1 million points for 14 people to have dinner) at the end which is probably not that bad considering its pretty difficult to get a table there.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Was interested to see that the auction keeps running if you bid within 5 minutes of the end time. The 7 packages for the French Laundry went on for an extra hour (past the scheduled close) 160K for each package (that's 1 million points for 14 people to have dinner) at the end which is probably not that bad considering its pretty difficult to get a table there.
I believe that to be normal. In late 2010 I won a NHL Winter Classic package and went several hours past the deadline in 500 pt increments, bidding against an auto bidder who capped out at 100,000. Each bid gave me an email outbid notice and another 5 minutes to up the bid. I won at 100,500. Although I calculated it as the equivalent of 3 weeks in a suite in Hawaii, it was among the greatest experiences of my life thus far.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:09 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
So at $.02/point that's $3200 for dinner for two?

Wow.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
A couple of years ago during the US Open SPG moments ending of many auctions on their website their servers crashed. Caused all sorts of problems with myself and others that could not put a bid in the last 2 hours. They apologized and claimed to have rectifyied the situation.

Now this morning and even late yesterday just in time for the US Open auction to be live they experienced another problem. And once again I suffered the consequences. It seems like on Chrome the formatting was so messed up i could not even see the available listings. Internet Explorer would not even allow it to be viewed. By the time their IT Department resolved the issue mid-morning some of the most desirable listings were long gone.

Cmon SPG/Marriott , you can do better!!!!

#sofrustrated
As you told its crashed again today. They have released so many packages on auction - why do that if your system.cannot handle the load.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
I believe that to be normal. In late 2010 I won a NHL Winter Classic package and went several hours past the deadline in 500 pt increments, bidding against an auto bidder who capped out at 100,000. Each bid gave me an email outbid notice and another 5 minutes to up the bid. I won at 100,500. Although I calculated it as the equivalent of 3 weeks in a suite in Hawaii, it was among the greatest experiences of my life thus far.
Same thing happened for the suite tickets for the US open mens finals a few days ago. The counter kept resetting itself when any bids on one of the 8 packages were made and at the end the points had almost doubled than what it was at the normal closing time.

My max limit was 150k and I think many people also had the same limit as once a few packages hit that threshold many people started to back off. I am so grateful for that.

I really wanted those tickets for a while now and was extremely happy when the merger went through.

I am a marriott loyalist (a noob too) and spent almost 80% of my points on the suite tickets and courtside tickets for sep 1.

No better feeling than watching grand slam tennis from courtside for a huge tennis fan.

I would like to thank SPG for making it happen.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Wondering if someone can confirm that the SPG suite at MSG is no more?

Doesn't seem like any events have been posted there beyond Sep 30th. Also noticed that Marriott is offering suite redemption for the Boston Celtics (75k for 2 tickets) so perhaps that was the cheaper alternative.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Just had a look at Moments. After frankly rather a boring summer, there are some really interesting and creative things on there. I only wish I was a US resident with an SPG AMEX so I could compete on the bigger things.

The person who paid 80K to take a private jet from New York to party in a new suite at the W Boston is a hero of mine, and whoever wins the 300K+ Galapagos National Geographic Expedition is going to create memories they'll never forget.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Heads up for those who may be watching or bidding on the show tickets with m & g for The Play That Goes Wrong:

http://www.playbill.com/article/broa...lcome-new-cast

It may not make a difference to you, but just in case anyone was thinking they were going to be seeing the original Mischief cast.

I'm sure the new cast will be excellent and it's an incredibly funny show!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
LA Lakers 25k, LA Clippers 25k and NY Knicks 40k points SPG Luxury Suite tickets redemptions are now available for season games.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.