FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS,UA
How much will the Cayman Cookouts will go for? Just the hotels alone are an $8000 value - Its probably a package worth close to $11,000 total
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:55 am

SPG/Marriott suite at MSG--Lexus Level suite 26

Visited the new MSG suite location last night for a concert.
The plus is its stand alone, with all services "right there" and doesn't require leaving the arena or heading down the corridor to enjoy the food and beverage or rest room services.
That was how Suite 6 worked.
Lexus Suite 26 also has both Stadium seats and Bar stools. I had bar stools last night, but think the stadium seats are better and would go that way IMO.
The down side its so far away from the stage when compared to the seating for Suite 6. Might be better with better large screen use. For some reason last night the image size on the main screen in the centre of the arena, was very small.
Picture of the new vantage attached.

view from SPG Marriot moments suite __lexus level suite 26
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:37 am

Has anyone had luck cancelling? I ordered one today for Feb but was just told we have a prior commitment. UGGG. I think there is a no cancel policy but wondering if there is leeway of done within 24 hours and 2 months prior to the event.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Culinary and Lifestyle moments seem to be fading away. Post-merger, those categories are virtually dead.
remymartin likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by SFO777
Culinary and Lifestyle moments seem to be fading away. Post-merger, those categories are virtually dead.
The interesting/ specially curated events are virtually gone. Most of the remainder are variations on using points for discounts to sports and other events. Very much in line with Marriott’s view of everything as a dollar saving, but a real shame for customers who enjoyed SPG’s creativity and unique events.
joshua362, SFO777, UA-NYC and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:46 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
We just won a private dinner at Vespertine Los Angeles with Chef Kahn in Jan 2019. My first Moments attempt and first win. Not bad at all.

There have been and still are many private dinners offered with amazing chefs as far as I can tell. There always has been variability with the locations offered in all Moments categories (more options in New York and Boston than some West Coast cities, for example). It’s the holiday period now, so I assume, as with SPG, there will be more offers coming in the new year.

Not sure what the complaints here are about?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
You can read the posts and find out Of course it’s great that there are still some US dinners available, but I think a number of people were regretting the removal of a number of types of event which were greatly enjoyed by quite a few SPG programme members.

Think of it as if Marriott had removed Butler service from the St Regis, for example. Obviously as individuals not all programme cut backs affect us all individually just as not all of us have been affected by all of the IT problems, but I think a bit of empathy combined with a realisation that a mis-functioning benefits programme and a culture of retrenchment is a bad thing for all of us is called for here.
remymartin likes this.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Dec 17, 2018 at 11:24 am
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:10 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You can read the posts and find out Of course it’s great that there are still some US dinners available, but I think a number of people were regretting the removal of a number of types of event which were greatly enjoyed by quite a few SPG programme members.

Think of it as if Marriott had removed Butler service, for example. Obviously as individuals not all programme cut backs affect us all individually just as not all of us have been affected by all of the IT problems, but I think a bit of empathy combined with a realisation that a mis-functioning benefits programme and a culture of retrenchment is a bad thing for all of us is called for here.
Yeah. I’m still baffled.

I read posts back to early 2016. The Moments now seem pretty comparable to me even with those back then—with the addition/subtraction of some event venues and event types. There always will be changes, just as there were with SPG Moments. Some seem annoyed about the challenge to search locations since the integration.

But otherwise, I still don’t get it. There are still many Moments now just as there were before.

Your example of butler service has to do with a hotel stay. No Moments change anything with hotel stays. I don’t think your comparison is a good one.

My impression here is that there are a very small number of people railing at Marriott because things changed a tiny bit. Otherwise, Moments is pretty much the same as it was pre-Marriott. There actually are overall more options at more properties now because the portfolio is much larger.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:30 am

I don’t think you’re fair to dismiss people whose points you’ve apparently not thought about so readily. On Moments, I would previously have bid for 1-2 experiences per month - perhaps a special event at a hotel, a collaboration of a hotel’s F&B with moments or maybe a limited edition event of the sort which are always advertised on the SPG channel.

I do not think that my general disappointment with Marriott’s integration execution has anything with me being disappointed that there has not been a single event on Moments of the types which I would previously have enjoyed. It also seems entirely appropriate to bemoan and regret that fact on a forum.

Clearly there is still a very popular US restaurant collaboration and US sports collaboration which i’m very happy that some people will enjoy (as well as some random things in China), but not so much use for me personally.
remymartin likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I don’t think you’re fair to dismiss people whose points you’ve apparently not thought about so readily. On Moments, I would previously have bid for 1-2 experiences per month - perhaps a special event at a hotel, a collaboration of a hotel’s F&B with moments or maybe a limited edition event of the sort which are always advertised on the SPG channel.

I do not think that my general disappointment with Marriott’s integration execution has anything with me being disappointed that there has not been a single event on Moments of the types which I would previously have enjoyed. It also seems entirely appropriate to bemoan and regret that fact on a forum.

Clearly there is still a very popular US restaurant collaboration and US sports collaboration which i’m very happy that some people will enjoy (as well as some random things in China), but not so much use for me personally.
I just noted that there are not many comments at all in the last several years in this thread sharing your similar disappointment—unlike your suggestion. Again, it seems a very, very, very small number of people.

I don’t think the issue here has much to do with Moments.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I just noted that there are not many comments at all in the last several years in this thread sharing your similar disappointment—unlike your suggestion. Again, it seems a very, very, very small number of people.

I don’t think the issue here has much to do with Moments.
Given that you wrote " My first Moments attempt and first win. " it would be fair to say you have followed Moments a lot less than others, no?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by remymartin
Given that you wrote " My first Moments attempt and first win. " it would be fair to say you have followed Moments a lot less than others, no?
I have followed and considered SPG (and now Marriott) Moments for many events over the years, but the dates or locations never before worked with our schedule. This one did, thankfully.

So I’ve followed them quite a bit. Just like I follow Andrew Harper Travel auctions all the time, but haven’t actually bid on anything for a few years now.

i hadn’t followed this thread until recently, however. But I did go back and reread all posts since early 2016 due to the recent discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.