FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K .951MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis President's Club
Wow, what a bidding war out there for the various Access Coachella packages...

Excited that I was able to snag a Best Views of the Stage package after spending the last 45 minutes bidding ^

Last edited by ZoomingAround; Mar 10, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
I agree that the multiple packages thing makes for a confusing and sub-optimal experience. Two identical packages should go to the top two bidders. I think SPG would get more that way and it would be simpler for us users.

To show how confusing these auctions can be, check out the fourteen minutes of no bid detail in my auction.
Attached Images  

Last edited by tangel; Mar 10, 2016 at 11:23 am
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Earthgoeshard
I also joined the madness this morning - website timeouts were a little frustrating. My best guess is some of the auctions falsely closed originally, as they are typically extended anytime there is a bid within the last 5 minutes. A copy paste from the Terms and Conditions is below:

If a bid is placed during the last five minutes of any Moments program auction, the scheduled closing time thereof shall be automatically extended for an additional five minutes from the time of the last bid. The auction will close once all bidding activity has stopped for a period of five minutes.

It seemed there was A LOT of last minute bidding for these, so it was possibly just a technical issue they closed in the first place.
Definitely technical issues today around 11am EST. I was able to bid just prior to 11 and then a few minutes later the website hung and wouldn't allow any more of my bids. Sad because I was willing to bid much higher than the winning bid.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: HHonors, Delta
More SPG moments issues

Got an email notifying me of the availability of FC Bayern-Hannover 96 "moment" for May 2016. However, the site doesn't list this moment as currently open or "upcoming." Wrote to the SPG Moments email but have heard nothing yet. Sigh.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
I'm a little confused on this Moment: https://auction.starwoodhotels.com/m...ls/moment/2358

"If you are one of the top three bidders for this package, you will have the opportunity to submit an audition tape, of you singing "The Star Spangled Banner", to the Cubs for review. One of the three will be selected by the Cubs to sing before the July 18 Cubs vs. Mets game. The other two top bidders will get their Starpoints back and a pair of tickets each to the SPG Luxury Suite for a game of their choice during the second half of regular-season play."

Based on the text, it seems like if you have no desire to sing the national anthem, you can bid in the top three, submit the all time worst video of you singing the national anthem (thus guaranteeing you won't be picked), and then get all of your Starpoints back as well as free tickets to another game. I guess the biggest risk is if you get three people all using this strategy and the video you submit somehow happens to be less terrible than the other two, then you're out the points and you have to perform in front of thousands of people.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:22 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Earthgoeshard!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by took
Got an email notifying me of the availability of FC Bayern-Hannover 96 "moment" for May 2016. However, the site doesn't list this moment as currently open or "upcoming." Wrote to the SPG Moments email but have heard nothing yet. Sigh.
Same here. Hopefully there are two packages so we don't bid against one another if it does return.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by tangel
Same here. Hopefully there are two packages so we don't bid against one another if it does return.
I saw this morning that the Hannover 96 package was listed as "sold." Did you happen to get one?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
SPG Moments (site relaunched 15 October 2014) [Master Thread]

weird... there are other games,i.e. Moenchengladbach before and these tickets were not in moments yet
Old Mar 25, 2016, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by krausolany
weird... there are other games,i.e. Moenchengladbach before and these tickets were not in moments yet
Noticed that, too. Really wanted those Hannover 96 tickets but they were snatched up very quickly.

Last edited by yosithezet; Apr 3, 2016 at 8:34 am
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:53 pm

Unfortunately, it wasn't me!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Ctrix65513
Have you guys seen this?

Sing the national anthem before the Chicago Cubs take on the New York Mets

Here's your chance to audition to sing "The Star Spangled Banner" at Wrigley Field to kick off a Cubs game. The top three bidders win the opportunity to submit an audition tape to the Cubs. The Cubs will pick one of the three to sing before the game on July 18. The other bidders will get their Starpoints back and a pair of tickets to the SPG Luxury Suite for a Cubs game of their choice.

How many are going to gamble their SPG point balance in hopes of getting it back by submitting a horrible audition tape to get a free pair of tickets to the luxury suite. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Cubs actually picked the worst singer to perform and it back fired on said person's plan?
I had the exact same thought when I saw that auction. Ended up bidding on it, but it got WAY to high to risk: http://www.thepointsninja.blogspot.c...-gameable.html
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K .951MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis President's Club
Utah Jazz at L.A. Lakers - Kobe Bryant's Farewell Game

Anyone else bid on the 3 packages for Kobe's last game next week?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Is there no confirmation email for biddings anymore?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
At least out bid notice email is arrived...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.