Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:42 pm

Funny you mention the Britney seats. I actually redeemed Starpoints and attended the show just last week. Did you sit in Section 104 Row A? While I agree those seats where indeed premium, I pulled up tickets morning of the show 2 seats down in the same section and row for a 3rd person in my party on Ticketmaster for $250 (pit was only $179 which I also thought was a great deal as most of the show is performed off the catwalk). So $500 for 2 tickets plus + crazy Ticketmaster fees isn't all that bad for 20,000 points. What surprises me is the Celine Dion tickets didn't double from 10K to 20K as those have an even higher face value per ticket. I guess their is no rhyme or reason to how they price these.

Waiting anxiously for them to post Mariah Carey tickets for next year.

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Seats that we got for Britney were very, very good. $700 face value for the pair, so not surprising the doubled the price. Penn and Teller seats were literally front row, but you could get $50/60 seats on the second level.

But on the positive side, Kings suite tickets for this year were cut from 25K to 15K, including the game against the Hawks near Thanksgiving. Couldn't pass that up. They will have to discount next years tickets. Games vs the Coyotes and the Stars for 45K, when they can't get 25K for the Hawks, Canucks, and Penguins? HA!

Last edited by Ctrix65513; Nov 16, 2015 at 8:44 pm Reason: -
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: HHonors, Delta
Bayern tickets

Any speculation if Bayern Munchen suite tickets will continue throughout 2016? Does SPG offer suite tickets for all Bayern games or only some? Trying to decide whether to buy expensive tickets online for a game next May or whether to wait ot see if an SPG moments opportunity is likely to come up.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ctrix65513
Did you sit in Section 104 Row A?
Not that good, only 103/C. We asked SPG if we could buy another two seats, and they quoted us ~$650 + fees. I didn't look day of, but I couldn't find any sites discounting tickets and the resale sites had very little at high prices.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:48 am

Staples Center SPG Suite

Just got back from the Staples Center SPG Suite and thought I'd report back. It said snacks provided, but there was a full catering really. Tonight it was a selection of three meatballs (the Thai/Mexican ones were really good) with rolls, roasted veggies, a hearty (vegan) salad, some pasta dish, and roast chicken w/ potatoes. The usual bar snacks too (peanuts/chips/pretzels). For drinks there was a fridge of water, soda, and wine. And another of beer (Goose Island IPA, Corona, Heineken, Stella, some domestic). And perhaps best of all, Staples has a crazy dessert cart in the suite sections and SPG let everyone choose one. There was a Starwood rep there the whole time assisting with anything. We were given purple SPG hockey pucks too. A steal for 15K. Kicking myself for missing the bidding on the Lightning game (they went as low as 8K) and not getting the Ducks game when it was offered (it appears to have been pulled).
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Ambassador Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Just got back from the Staples Center SPG Suite and thought I'd report back. It said snacks provided, but there was a full catering really. Tonight it was a selection of three meatballs (the Thai/Mexican ones were really good) with rolls, roasted veggies, a hearty (vegan) salad, some pasta dish, and roast chicken w/ potatoes. The usual bar snacks too (peanuts/chips/pretzels). For drinks there was a fridge of water, soda, and wine. And another of beer (Goose Island IPA, Corona, Heineken, Stella, some domestic). And perhaps best of all, Staples has a crazy dessert cart in the suite sections and SPG let everyone choose one. There was a Starwood rep there the whole time assisting with anything. We were given purple SPG hockey pucks too. A steal for 15K. Kicking myself for missing the bidding on the Lightning game (they went as low as 8K) and not getting the Ducks game when it was offered (it appears to have been pulled).
Do you remember which suite number it was? I know they have different configurations, but I'm considering buying a Lakers or Clippers package there and wanted to see which one I'd be in. Thanks!

Nevermind: read up and saw your suite number. Thanks!

Last edited by applecow; Dec 1, 2015 at 11:46 am
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
I hate to say it but most likely Marriott will hose this program once they take hold of things. Or it is greatly reduced. Over the years I have done many of the SUPER VIP events and never overpaid either. Sometimes they have short expiration dates etc.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I've done a number of the Cirque du Soleil events and have always been happy. I especially enjoyed the Camp Cirque + VIP at Kurios in Montreal and the Zarkana behind the scenes in NYC. All the events have been very well done and the *wood Staff accompanying the winners at Camp Cirque were very professional and fun.

Sadly though, I've been seeing less and less Cirque opportunities even though *wood is still a Cirque sponsor. Cirque is about to open a Broadway Show in NYC, Toruk is touring the US and OVO is about to start up again in the Eastern US.

And, I've never seen a *wood Moment for Cirque in Vegas but that's more understandable.

Obviously this is not a huge deal and I won't lose sleep over it if *wood's partnership with Cirque is winding down...but it would be nice if more events kept popping up.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott PLT (LTPP), SPG PLT (LTG), AA EXP, UA 1K, Delta silver, Hertz PC
I read through this thread to try and figure out how the "Concert Series" at MSG auction works. I see a number of you have gone, and many refer to specific artists. The way the Moments auction site is set up is that you are bidding on 2 passes for the "Series" and there's a link to show which concerts are coming up at MSG.

My question is, if you win the auction (currently at 55,000 points which is high, but a couple of the platinum seats are going for $1k per person (face value) on ticketmaster, so it might be worth while), do you get to pick any concert you want to go to? The date on the action is "January 2, 2016" so does that mean this auction is only for the event taking place on that date, or can I attend any event?

For e.g., on Jan 2, Phish will be playing at MSG. Although they have good music, I'm not spending 55k *points on that concert...I'd much rather take my niece to Justin Bieber in July 2016. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

https://auction.starwoodhotels.com/redeem/moment/1994
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:17 pm

The date on the auction corresponds with the date of the event at MSG.

Originally Posted by fayraree
I read through this thread to try and figure out how the "Concert Series" at MSG auction works. I see a number of you have gone, and many refer to specific artists. The way the Moments auction site is set up is that you are bidding on 2 passes for the "Series" and there's a link to show which concerts are coming up at MSG.

My question is, if you win the auction (currently at 55,000 points which is high, but a couple of the platinum seats are going for $1k per person (face value) on ticketmaster, so it might be worth while), do you get to pick any concert you want to go to? The date on the action is "January 2, 2016" so does that mean this auction is only for the event taking place on that date, or can I attend any event?

For e.g., on Jan 2, Phish will be playing at MSG. Although they have good music, I'm not spending 55k *points on that concert...I'd much rather take my niece to Justin Bieber in July 2016. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

https://auction.starwoodhotels.com/redeem/moment/1994
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: Marriott PLT (LTPP), SPG PLT (LTG), AA EXP, UA 1K, Delta silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ctrix65513
The date on the auction corresponds with the date of the event at MSG.
thanks for responding! yeah, that was slowly dawning on me. oh well, will wait until something better comes along!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:54 am

any official word on this program, or any rumblings?

i noticed there are no shows listed at all for madison square garden. are they ditching this in the new year? is it time to stop using the starwood amex?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: AS,UA
It could just be a dead period between late Jan and Early March so maybe nothing is being offered. If they don't offer Spring Training Tickets in the next couple weeks this program might be finished.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by lebowski2222
It could just be a dead period between late Jan and Early March so maybe nothing is being offered. If they don't offer Spring Training Tickets in the next couple weeks this program might be finished.
im worried it may be finished. theres some big msg concerts coming up in a few weeks like bruce springsteen and they havent offered them. i feel like an idiot for switching from my platinum to an spg amex to rack up these points. without this program id rather have regular amex points. i guess the merger ruined it.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, not much else anymore
Originally Posted by nycspg
im worried it may be finished. theres some big msg concerts coming up in a few weeks like bruce springsteen and they havent offered them. i feel like an idiot for switching from my platinum to an spg amex to rack up these points. without this program id rather have regular amex points. i guess the merger ruined it.
This is slowly dawning on me as well... would be a huge bummer.

I was hoping to see some tickets for the NHL stadium series coming up in February. I snagged an All-Star Game package for Nashville, gotta burn those points somehow.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS,UA
Originally Posted by boognish24
This is slowly dawning on me as well... would be a huge bummer.

I was hoping to see some tickets for the NHL stadium series coming up in February. I snagged an All-Star Game package for Nashville, gotta burn those points somehow.

It doesn't look like its dead, I see new moments for Phx Open as well as Mardi Gras that looks really cool.

BTW, congrats on the All Star game, i really wanted that one and I bid several times on it. It looks like a great package with tons of stuff to do.

Last edited by lebowski2222; Jan 11, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.