Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by azmojo
Why buy water? They give it to you free when you gamble.
Just guessing the answer to your question is because the gambling is NOT free.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Just guessing the answer to your question is because the gambling is NOT free.
With any luck the gambling is profitable AND you get free water or cocktails... I'm not sure how they stay in business.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:14 pm

Anyone know if the pools are open year round here?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Anyone know if the pools are open year round here?
No, they close at the end of October.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
It re-opens in the late afternoon/evening for cocktails for Identity Plat members only.
Can not confirm this: As a MR Plat I was granted access back in july.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by kexbox
Can not confirm this: As a MR Plat I was granted access back in july.
Likewise. I have stayed at this property a number of times and they never asked my room number or MR card when I visit the "lounge."
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Likewise. I have stayed at this property a number of times and they never asked my room number or MR card when I visit the "lounge."

good to hear. I will check it out next visit in November.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Question about MR Platinum treatment: Someone recently posted that the official platinum benefit is a 1-category upgrade, but several others have posted that the typical practice is to upgrade into a Wraparound Terrace Suite, which is like 6 categories up. Can anyone provide further clarification?

Trying to decide between Cosmopolitan (never been, but I have MR Platinum), Mandarin Oriental (never been, but will use Virtuoso benefits), or Four Seasons (been several times, would use Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits).
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Different experience here: Had to show EVERYTHING; olbeit no pat down .
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by trojanman
Question about MR Platinum treatment: Someone recently posted that the official platinum benefit is a 1-category upgrade, but several others have posted that the typical practice is to upgrade into a Wraparound Terrace Suite, which is like 6 categories up. Can anyone provide further clarification?

Trying to decide between Cosmopolitan (never been, but I have MR Platinum), Mandarin Oriental (never been, but will use Virtuoso benefits), or Four Seasons (been several times, would use Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits).
It really depends on what room you booked and what is available at time of check in.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by trojanman

If it were me I'd go w/ MO or FS over the Cosmopolitan.

Cheers.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If it were me I'd go w/ MO or FS over the Cosmopolitan.

Cheers.
I had friends come into town and stayed at the Cosmopolitan recently and they were not real impressed with the housekeeping....had to call 3 times upon checking in to get the room cleaned to the right level, (debris by the bed, dirty glasses, sink/tub), the manager seem very indifferent.....YMMV.....
Old Sep 22, 2012, 2:10 pm

It's definitely not the cleanest Marriott-branded property I've ever stayed in, but some of the blame needs to fall on the guests it attracts. Most business travelers seem to be respectful of housekeeping, but this hotel attracts spoiled beautiful rich kids and business travelers wanting to use their points and money to 'play hard'. Generation Me (it's all about me) is definitely at home at this hotel.

This is the same hotel where walking the halls you will likely hear people having intentionally extra loud sex at all hours of the day/night. There is the DYKWIA/I'm going to show off my clothes/body/money/partner attitude in the air at this hotel. When the ad slogan is 'Just the right amount of wrong', you can't really expect much different.

I never leave a hotel room in disarray, but some people feel the need to 'get their money's worth' and trash their hotel room, spill drinks and food all over, and just generally be slobs. Yes, housekeeping should take care of that, but would it really kill people to throw their trash in trash cans and not leave gobs of hair, condoms, snack wrappers, cigarrette butts, etc. on the balcony/ground?

If everyone was semi-considerate, rooms would get turned faster and they would be cleaner for the next guest. That's why I pick up after my friends if they trash the room--that behavior embarrasses me.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by JW6130
It's definitely not the cleanest Marriott-branded property I've ever stayed in, but some of the blame needs to fall on the guests it attracts. Most business travelers seem to be respectful of housekeeping, but this hotel attracts spoiled beautiful rich kids and business travelers wanting to use their points and money to 'play hard'. Generation Me (it's all about me) is definitely at home at this hotel.

This is the same hotel where walking the halls you will likely hear people having intentionally extra loud sex at all hours of the day/night. There is the DYKWIA/I'm going to show off my clothes/body/money/partner attitude in the air at this hotel. When the ad slogan is 'Just the right amount of wrong', you can't really expect much different.

I never leave a hotel room in disarray, but some people feel the need to 'get their money's worth' and trash their hotel room, spill drinks and food all over, and just generally be slobs. Yes, housekeeping should take care of that, but would it really kill people to throw their trash in trash cans and not leave gobs of hair, condoms, snack wrappers, cigarrette butts, etc. on the balcony/ground?

If everyone was semi-considerate, rooms would get turned faster and they would be cleaner for the next guest. That's why I pick up after my friends if they trash the room--that behavior embarrasses me.
You just described Las Vegas. This is not unique to the Cosmopolitan but happens in every hotel on the strip.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 6:04 pm

You just described Las Vegas. This is not unique to the Cosmopolitan but happens in every hotel on the strip.
Very true. Maybe that's why I keep going back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.