Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
VIP check-in/out and buffet lines saved lots of time.
I wonder if you can just show your Platinum Marriott Card (rather than room key) to skip the line. Might be nice for locals in Vegas to get to the front of the line.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I wonder if you can just show your Platinum Marriott Card (rather than room key) to skip the line. Might be nice for locals in Vegas to get to the front of the line.
You should try it and see if it works.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:53 am

Wife and I went for coffee at 6am. The doors were open, but there was an employee there who asked for our name & room #. I think the agent presumed we were not Identity Plat, since a big gambler would either be gambling or sleeping at 6am!

I would rather spend $20 at a liquor store and drink in the comfort and privacy of my own room, rather than try to sneak in to get a few mixed drinks in mixed company.

We just got back from a 3 day stay in a wraparound suite and had a great time.

VIP check-in/out and buffet lines saved lots of time.
Hi,

Did you recieve an upgrade due to your platinum status or email before arrival?
Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by unitedswamp
Hi,

Did you recieve an upgrade due to your platinum status or email before arrival?
Thanks!
I was upgraded on arrival - I did not have to ask. (booked a Terrace Suite and was upgraded to Wraparound Suite)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
I was upgraded on arrival - I did not have to ask. (booked a Terrace Suite and was upgraded to Wraparound Suite)
Same here. Just checked out. Booked a Terrace Room and was upgraded to One bedroom Terrace with fountain view, upon checking in without asking. I was also told that there is now a separate check-in area for Marriott Platinum only. This is not the Infinity VIP check-in, this is actually to the right of the main check-in area, and is also labeled VIP. When I checked out, the front desk agent walked me over to show me.

I did however check-in using the Infinity VIP room, as I read many posts here from other successful users. I'm not sure if this had an impact on the rest of our stay at the hotel, but I think it did. As an example, each time we visited the buffet, we had "VIP" written on our check/receipt. I am not an Infinity member. Not sure where else this might be of benefit.

All in all though, awesome hotel.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by sh00t3r
Same here. Just checked out. Booked a Terrace Room and was upgraded to One bedroom Terrace with fountain view, upon checking in without asking. I was also told that there is now a separate check-in area for Marriott Platinum only. This is not the Infinity VIP check-in, this is actually to the right of the main check-in area, and is also labeled VIP. When I checked out the front desk agent walked me over to show me.

I did however check-in using the Infinity VIP room, as I read many posts here from other successful users. I'm not sure if this had an impact on the rest of our stay at the hotel, but I think it did. As an example, each time we visited the buffet, we had "VIP" written on our check/receipt. I am not an Infinity member. Not sure where else this might be of benefit.

All in all though, awesome hotel.

Thanks!

I was hoping for an upgrade from my basic studio to a suite
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by sh00t3r
If you are Marriott Plat, you get the VIP treatment/designation (regardless of where you check in.)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone stayed in a Lanai Suite or Bungalow? Any comments/recommendation on either of them?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by unitedswamp
Thanks!

I was hoping for an upgrade from my basic studio to a suite
With the size of the room in this hotel, imo you don't really need a suite. A fountain view room farther away from the elevators is more important.

And they give you two free breakfast/brunch at Wicked Spoon as the Platinum welcome gift, which is one of the best buffets in Vegas.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Flyer888
And they give you two free breakfast/brunch at Wicked Spoon as the Platinum welcome gift, which is one of the best buffets in Vegas.
+1

My vote is to save the free buffet for lunch/brunch. Also, don't forget that they offer unlimited mimosas for $8!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bigmarley4
I think 14th floor in West tower? They tell you about it on check in and say you can only go during breakfast but like all things in Vegas, if you are friendly and tip well, you can get in anytime.

EDIT: anytime it is actually open of course, 6-9AM, 3-10PM
Are you indicating that MR Plats now get access to the Concierge Lounge? (previously on available to Cosmos program top elites).

Also - while this hotel is called an Autograph collection - it is not a Marriott operated property. It is not owned, not operated, nor managed by Marriott. It is only an affiliated hotel for booking, redemption, and points earning. Any other benefit is an arrangement that has been worked out.

I believe this is the only Marriott marketed properly which is not managed by Marriott under a management contract.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Really? The ONLY cavaet/disclaimer this prop posts is that :

"Note: Marriott Rewards points or miles will not be credited for a stay where the hotel guest's name and the Marriott Rewards member's name do not match"
and hotels that are among the Auto Collection are part of the URG
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...s/guarantee.mi

unlike a few RCs that state, non-participating in MR Program.......

so I don't follow your statement (except that it is considered as a resort so exempt from certain benees)

Originally Posted by cova
.....while this hotel is called an Autograph collection - it is not a Marriott operated property. It is not owned, not operated, nor managed by Marriott. It is only an affiliated hotel for booking, redemption, and points earning. Any other benefit is an arrangement that has been worked out.

I believe this is the only Marriott marketed properly which is not managed by Marriott under a management contract.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by cova
Are you indicating that MR Plats now get access to the Concierge Lounge? (previously on available to Cosmos program top elites).

Keep reading on past his post for more info on that lounge....
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
Keep reading on past his post for more info on that lounge....
Juice and granola bars oh boy!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Juice and granola bars oh boy!
But what is it if you can get in during the evening hours? Free Cocktails and apps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.