Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
So I arrived I selected the wicked buffet breakfast as a amenity . I booked a terrace studio got upgraded to a one bedroom terrace with fountain view. I asked for a wraparound but apparently it's very busy and they are sold out for some dj event.
I went into the v.i.p check in was nice with coffee's and tea. Our room wasn't ready until 4pm but its very nice it took an hour for our bags to arrive . The fountain show seems to be on every 15mins and worth the view.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
So I arrived I selected the wicked buffet breakfast as a amenity . I booked a terrace studio got upgraded to a one bedroom terrace with fountain view. I asked for a wraparound but apparently it's very busy and they are sold out for some dj event.
I went into the v.i.p check in was nice with coffee's and tea. Our room wasn't ready until 4pm but its very nice it took an hour for our bags to arrive . The fountain show seems to be on every 15mins and worth the view.
Interesting that you used the VIP check-in. I'm Marriott Plat and Cosmo Gold...I didn't think I could use that room until I was Cosmo Plat. Does Marriott Plat get you in there or did they just take care of you because no one else was there?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Deckhawk
Interesting that you used the VIP check-in. I'm Marriott Plat and Cosmo Gold...I didn't think I could use that room until I was Cosmo Plat. Does Marriott Plat get you in there or did they just take care of you because no one else was there?
I have also used the VIP Check in room and I'm Marriott Plat - Cosmo nothing. I never asked and they never really brought it up to me. So unless something happens I'm going to continue assuming the VIP check-in room is also for Marriott Platinums.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:29 pm

I (was) Marriott Platinum and used the VIP check in as well, as I read this here on FT before.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Looks like Cosmo has another promotion... Save 20% on 3 nights or more. Should be good for LNF rates...
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
Originally Posted by azmojo
Looks like Cosmo has another promotion... Save 20% on 3 nights or more. Should be good for LNF rates...
if you find any please post - I had a good LNF because Marriott.com didn't have the Cosmo's 20% off for international travellers at 3+ nights, but then when they offered this (3 nights 20% off for anyone) promo they included it on m.com site.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
its a 4 for 3
http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...3,-stay-4.aspx

Originally Posted by quick_dry
if you find any please post - I had a good LNF because Marriott.com didn't have the Cosmo's 20% off for international travellers at 3+ nights, but then when they offered this (3 nights 20% off for anyone) promo they included it on m.com site.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
thanks, unfortunately that one comes up as expired. (with LNF that'd be a pretty good deal!)
Old Jun 18, 2012, 3:07 pm

There's a 20% off a three night stay at the moment, valid thru Sept 30:

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...or-longer.aspx
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Hi

is the vip check in room a separate thing to the vip check in desks I've read about ?

Also, it says marriott platinum members only get a one tier upgrade, how did you manage to get one like 3 levels up?

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by tuscallo
Hi

is the vip check in room a separate thing to the vip check in desks I've read about ?

Also, it says marriott platinum members only get a one tier upgrade, how did you manage to get one like 3 levels up?

Thanks!
It's a separate room at the left of the main reception desks in the main lobby.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
Has anyone had any recent experience/trouble with receiving free wifi as a Plat?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by sammyindc
It's a separate room at the left of the main reception desks in the main lobby.
ok, should I just go in as a platinum and see what happens?

I want to ensure I get my platinum upgrade to premium view, can you add a note or something? I might be checking in after 8pm so really need to get it before I go
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by tuscallo
ok, should I just go in as a platinum and see what happens?

I want to ensure I get my platinum upgrade to premium view, can you add a note or something? I might be checking in after 8pm so really need to get it before I go
That's what I did.
I went it, presented my Marriott platinum card, asked for an upgrade.
Got an upgrade to a suite with fountain view, free internet, free gym access, and free breakfast buffet. That was back in October 2011 so things may have changed. It appears the free breakfast is gone but I think you can still get an upgrade and use the VIP room. I doubt they would ask you to leave the room and check in at the main reception area.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:01 pm

i just completed my stay last week.

booked a club room (lowest level); was bumped up 5 levels to a terrace suite (910 sq ft, 160 sq foot terrace) on the fountain side without asking.

the details on what platinum members get are posted on the cosmopolitan website.

they'll give you a letter when you check-in that also has the run down on the benefits.

to answer a couple questions in the thread:
- no problem getting free wifi
- you have the selection of one breakfast/brunch (it goes till 2pm), MR points, or "gourmet popcorn"
- upgrades aren't guaranteed (based on availability) and they probably won't upgrade you till you get there if they can
- there is a line on the far side of check-in (farthest away from the entrance) that has a sign that reads "platinum members/invited guests" - use that. you also use this same line at the buffet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.