Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Hi all,

Just checked into the Cosmo after 20 hours in transit from Istanbul. I made the reservation more than a month ago, and actually had three rooms booked as friends were going to be meeting me and my fiance here. For my friends I had booked two City rooms with two queens in each. For myself I had booked a terrace studio with a King. I made sure to phone the property when I made the reservation to let them know that I would be arriving after midnight because of the flight schedules.

Well it's Friday night in Vegas and apparently there is some big fashion show or something going on here. You know where this is headed...

My friends arrived earlier and checked in as their names were attached to the reservations. One set of friends gets to their room to find instead of a city room with two queens they were given a King with a pullout sofa. They went back down to say that this was unacceptable because they each wanted a proper queen instead of a pull out sofa. Nothing apparently could be done. When I found out about this after I arrived I questioned the front desk as to why they were not given two queens. The response was that the King is bigger and the pull out is a Queen. Not the correct response. So question number one: Does this qualify for not making good on the bed type guarantee since there were not two queens in the room?

The above is small potatoes compared to what happened with my room. We arrive after midnight as we stated in the notes. They did not have a Terrace Studio available and instead offered us the "Reception Suite". Sounded promising when she said it, but then she goes into how it is really a meeting room and doesn't have a balcony and that supposedly they could move us tomorrow night if we didn't like it. She kept making sure that we knew it was a much bigger room. (I don't care about a bigger room, I just want what I had booked). Se we get to the "Reception Suite" and it is indeed a conference room with a Murphy Bed. ...?!! On top of that no bathtub to soak in after 20 hours in transit.

So I went downstairs and talked with the front desk and they at least agreed to waive the first night, but still. A Murphy Bed? In the Cosmo? Oh, and then the kicker is that when I am sitting in the room at 2:15 in the morning one of the workers opens the door and says, "Oh, sorry, was told this room wasn't occupied." (wasn't there a thread on here about the Open Door Policy...now I know what that means).

All in all the part that upsets me is that they could clearly see I had made three reservations for this weekend, was very proactive about letting them know my arrival, and yet this sh*t show still happens. Yes they waived the first night, but should I press them for anything else? Bed type guarantee? Ask for some Wicked Spoon coupons?

Been having bad luck with the Marriotts as of late (Budapest wasn't up to standard either). Which of course means my fiancee gives me the "I told you so" looks since she is SPG platinum.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Nothing like having the "I told you so" talk when trying to impress the better half.

Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by siberslava
...One set of friends gets to their room to find instead of a city room with two queens they were given a King with a pullout sofa...
since when does Cosmo have pullout sofas?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
I'd love it if they had king beds with pull out sofas available.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 5:50 pm

Hey, I was surprised they had a Murphy Bed. Apparently they do have a pullout sofa. It is in an accessible room if that might make a difference. The Murphy Bed was on the 15th floor of the West Tower and the pullout is on the 16th fllor. Maybe something strange going on on those floors.

Anyway, they got me into a Studio Terrace with a fountain view, comped the first night and gave me a $50 F&B credit. They are trying to make things right

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
I'd love it if they had king beds with pull out sofas available.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by siberslava
Apparently they do have a pullout sofa. It is in an accessible room if that might make a difference. The Murphy Bed was on the 15th floor of the West Tower and the pullout is on the 16th fllor.
Good to know that it might be an option. Although I would feel slightly guilty proactively reserving a handicapped accessible room when I really don't need it (and others very well might) and only wanted the pull out sofa availability...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:07 pm

Room 1618 for the pullout bed if you want to be proactive. Has a terrace right above the pool bar too

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Good to know that it might be an option. Although I would feel slightly guilty proactively reserving a handicapped accessible room when I really don't need it (and others very well might) and only wanted the pull out sofa availability...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:09 pm

Also, to followup on the whole ordeal the Cosmo ended up comping the first night and giving a total of $300 in food and beverage credit too. Fairly well handled.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:41 am

For the non US folks - free breakfast

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...ast-on-us.aspx

Are they still reaching out to Platinum members prior to arrival to discuss upgrades? And does it make any difference if you got Plat since booking?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by COOLIO
For the non US folks - free breakfast

http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...ast-on-us.aspx

Are they still reaching out to Platinum members prior to arrival to discuss upgrades? And does it make any difference if you got Plat since booking?
Well, I stayed there in July and used my foreign passport to check in. I didn't know and the hotel didn't tell me about the free breakfast.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:44 am

I think that's just included, if stated in the rate. All rates offered in germany i.e. (third-party websites) do include the breakfast.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by Flyer888
Well, I stayed there in July and used my foreign passport to check in. I didn't know and the hotel didn't tell me about the free breakfast.
But you didn't book the free breakfast package though did you?
That link is for a specific package.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
But you didn't book the free breakfast package though did you?
That link is for a specific package.
No, I didn't, but I think the link is to specifically identify international guests and let them choose among various packages (less the free breakfast ones of course.) Meaning that Had I known about it I could have used it.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by Flyer888
No, I didn't, but I think the link is to specifically identify international guests and let them choose among various packages (less the free breakfast ones of course.) Meaning that Had I known about it I could have used it.
Right but that's not what you said. You said that you showed your international passport when you checked in. Made it sound like you felt you should've got the free breakfast because of that

How did you find the Cosmo anyway? I've stayed here twice and checked out early both times (Marriott Plat). I've got a reservation with them for September as they have made me a reasonable offer, not sure if I should chance it again as I love the Mandarin Oriental.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I love the Mandarin Oriental.
Stay at the Mandarin!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.