Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:23 am

I plan on staying at the Cosmopolitan for a Sun-Thurs the last week of January. It'll be a group of 5-6 and I'll be reserving a Wraparound Terrace Suite and a Studio room. It's a celebration of multiple important events so I don't want to deal with the uncertainty of requesting an upgrade and hoping for the best. So I'm willing to pay a lot but want to avoid paying more than I have to.

My question is this. They currently have a promo on their website (stay three nights, get a $150 resort credit). It is only good through December 29. Do you guys know if they typically have a promo every quarter like this? Or since I would imagine the winter months get pretty busy, is it possible they won't have a promotion for January? And if they do have a similar promotion, do you think they'd let you book two rooms in two separate reservations and take advantage twice?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I am organising the booking which includes Vegas virgins and the view is all they keep going on about
Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aaron20
My question is this. They currently have a promo on their website (stay three nights, get a $150 resort credit). It is only good through December 29. Do you guys know if they typically have a promo every quarter like this? Or since I would imagine the winter months get pretty busy, is it possible they won't have a promotion for January? And if they do have a similar promotion, do you think they'd let you book two rooms in two separate reservations and take advantage twice?
1. They usually have these kinds of promotions all year round but it is never guaranteed. You just have to wait and see or call and ask them what kind of promotions they will have in January.

2. You can always make two reservations one for each room and take advantage of the promotion twice and get the benefits twice. However, if both reservations are in your name and your MR number, they might merge them. During my stay last week, I over heard a MR Platinum with 2 rooms on one reservations and she received the promotion (not sure which one it was) for each room, and the Plat benefits (breakfast for 2) for each room as well.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by sammyindc
2. You can always make two reservations one for each room and take advantage of the promotion twice and get the benefits twice. However, if both reservations are in your name and your MR number, they might merge them. During my stay last week, I over heard a MR Platinum with 2 rooms on one reservations and she received the promotion (not sure which one it was) for each room, and the Plat benefits (breakfast for 2) for each room as well.
Make two separate reservations and all should be well. I've done this a few times at this property.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
I just reserved 2 rooms there for the Labor Day holiday weekend. They treated me as a Marriott plat very well, however were not able to confirm adjoining rooms (this wasn't a huge deal for me -- but if it is for you, you should really contact them well in advance to make sure they can honor your request). As with any Vegas hotel, it's busy and the turnover time varies. One room was available at 1:00, the other not until 4:00 (after check-in time). But the staff was very hospitable and the rooms are really lovely! I enjoyed the resort and will definitely be back! Please let me know if I can answer anything specific for you.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
Just read thru everything ~6 months current in this thread.

We're staying at Cosmo in October Tue-Sat for our wedding, on points. With MR I am only a Silver as my nights are broken up around different hotels. Any tips or tricks to look out for during our stay?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VWTim
Just read thru everything ~6 months current in this thread.

We're staying at Cosmo in October Tue-Sat for our wedding, on points. With MR I am only a Silver as my nights are broken up around different hotels. Any tips or tricks to look out for during our stay?
Ask for a Plat challenge if you can that way you can get an upgrade, free brekfast for 2 at the buffet for one day, VIP check in, late check out, access to their "lounge" in the morning, free internet access.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 9:06 am

Has anyone received an upgrade from a wraparound as a plat?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:14 pm

Are you asking if anyone has received an upgrade TO a Wraparound Suite? Or if anyone has received an upgrade better than a Wraparound Suite?

I've received a Wraparound every time I've stayed at this hotel on points. The last time I stayed I had to make a contribution because it was a Friday, but every other time it has been at no cost to me.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by COOLIO
Has anyone received an upgrade from a wraparound as a plat?
Last time I was there I was upgraded to a 2 room suite from a terrace studio. It was awesome and had a gorgeous view of the fountains. I am returning Tuesday so I am hoping for a similar experience. Not sure if it is "better" than a wraparound, but the guy at the front desk promised I'd like it and he delivered. I also was not there during the weekend so that may have helped. Good luck!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:49 am

Thanks for the responses. And I meant upgraded from a wraparound. I have 3 booked for 3 plats.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Does the "lounge" at this property have bottled water available in the AM or throughout the day?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:51 pm

I am going to book a stay at the Cosmo Oct 12 & 13 (fri & sat) with my Marriott points. If I use 110,000 points for the Terrace 1 bedroom SUITE (not studio) for the two nights, what do you think the chances are of an upgrade to a Wraparound Terrace Suite? FWIW, I am a Marriott Platinum member and am willing to tip $50 at checkin as well.

If the chances are high, I'll go for it, otherwise, I'll likely just stick with a Terrace Studio for 70,000 points. I'm not particularly interested in the Terrace Suite itself, but would use more points to book it as a gateway to the Wraparound Terrace Suite which I very much would like to have for the two nights .

Thanks.

ETA: It seems recent comments indicate it's possible to get upgraded to the Wraparound Suite from just a Terrace Studio, but I'm assuming this is mostly weeknight stays and doubt it will be so easy on a weekend, even with Platinum and a nice tip.

ETA 2: What I might do is book the Terrace Studio, then see what happens with Platinum status and a $50, or even $100 tip at checkin, and if that fails, try to negotiate for a point/cash upgrade opportunity to a Wraparound Suite. I really do not want to use 110k points and then get stuck with just the basic Suite as I don't really care for it that much over the Terrace Studio.

Last edited by MikeR397; Sep 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by scottmlew
Does the "lounge" at this property have bottled water available in the AM or throughout the day?

the lounge is open in the AM only for MR and Identity Plat members. Forget exact hours but around 6am-10am.

It re-opens in the late afternoon/evening for cocktails for Identity Plat members only.

Not positive the lounge has bottled water - we just had coffee.

The check in VIP area has bottled water all day.

There is a 7/11 and Walgreens within a block if you want to buy cheap.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Why buy water? They give it to you free when you gamble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.