Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by azmojo
Curious... how was the deal announced or did you just stumple upon it on their website?
They posted on their Facebook & Twitter pages that they would be having Cyber Monday deals every 2 hours 8a-8p. The wraparound suite deal was the last one & the best of the offers they had that day. I also was able to take advantage of it.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:25 am

they also had a BF deal a Linai suite for $200 a nite + full buffet every day.
Snagged 6 rooms for my spring trip.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by libuser
they also had a BF deal a Linai suite for $200 a nite + full buffet every day.
Snagged 6 rooms for my spring trip.
How do you get this deal?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:34 pm

FW....
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nicnac16
They posted on their Facebook & Twitter pages that they would be having Cyber Monday deals every 2 hours 8a-8p. The wraparound suite deal was the last one & the best of the offers they had that day. I also was able to take advantage of it.
And they hinted at the contents of each deal on their Cyber Monday page days ahead of time, something along the lines of "Wrap up a great stay in Las Vegas" or the like. Not that I expected a deal as good as $500/2 nights with $500 credit...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
If you buy directly on the Cosmo website, do you still receive Marriott credit? or is that not considered a Marriott.com purchase?

Also, are any room upgrades offered to Plats here? Does the hotel accept Marriott gift cards?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
If you buy directly on the Cosmo website, do you still receive Marriott credit? or is that not considered a Marriott.com purchase?

Also, are any room upgrades offered to Plats here? Does the hotel accept Marriott gift cards?
yes to all
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Am staying here this week. My rez booked on marriott.com listed a $25 resort fee. Their Facebook page says Resort Fee starts Jan 1, 2013.

I call hotel, they said there will be no resort fee for me.

This might be my last chance to stay here before they add $25 to each night.

Wonder if Plats will be have an option on these fees starting Jan 1, 2013.

Also when I checked in, MR Plat gets you free breakfast buffet at Wicked Spoon. Sheet says up to two guests, but only once during your stay.

Anyone stay here any get free breakfast for each night or only once?

Last edited by BarryL; Dec 25, 2012 at 7:23 pm Reason: Wicked Spoon clarification
Old Dec 26, 2012, 5:11 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Sliver, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by BarryL
Am staying here this week. My rez booked on marriott.com listed a $25 resort fee. Their Facebook page says Resort Fee starts Jan 1, 2013.

I call hotel, they said there will be no resort fee for me.

This might be my last chance to stay here before they add $25 to each night.

Wonder if Plats will be have an option on these fees starting Jan 1, 2013.

Also when I checked in, MR Plat gets you free breakfast buffet at Wicked Spoon. Sheet says up to two guests, but only once during your stay.

Anyone stay here any get free breakfast for each night or only once?

I stayed there a few months ago for two nights. I ate at the Wicked Spoon twice and they removed the charges at checkout.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyingspacey
I stayed there a few months ago for two nights. I ate at the Wicked Spoon twice and they removed the charges at checkout.
same here: two nights, one person, buffet on two different dates, no charges...
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
It's truly a shame the Cosmo is now charging a $25 resort fee. Does anyone know if you had made a booking prior to the changes being introduced however the stay is 2013 if you will still be charged the daily resort fee?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by flyingspacey
Originally Posted by Exdon
same here: two nights, one person, buffet on two different dates, no charges...
It's a free buffet for 2 people once during your stay. So if you're alone, looks like you can use both free buffets yourself on different days/times during the stay and it'll be taken off.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:07 am

Thanks for the replys on Wicked Spoon. Guess I'll find it at check out.

When i arrived,was given a MR Platinum letter, here's what it said...

Complimentary Breakfast for two to the Wicked Spoon Buffet for one day during your stay "Platinum / Invited Guest" entry available

Look like we go once for free.

WiFi access code is: mplatinum for anyone who cares.

I asked about overlapping benefits for Platinum members at checkin (free wifi) and any change after Jan 1, 2013. Was told everyone will pay $25 / day resort fee irregardless of status.

Got upgraded from a City Room to Terrace room. Was hoping for wrap around, they wanted $75 extra / nt. I passed, $144 AAA rate isn't too bad around Christmas.

Might be the last time we stay here with $25 tax looming.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
It's truly a shame the Cosmo is now charging a $25 resort fee. Does anyone know if you had made a booking prior to the changes being introduced however the stay is 2013 if you will still be charged the daily resort fee?
According to Cosmo's Facebook account, if you booked prior to the changes, no resort fee (and presumably none of the fee's benefits although I suspect they may be available anyways)

edit:

Originally Posted by BarryL
Might be the last time we stay here with $25 tax looming.
Just need to add $25 to the nightly rate when considering the Cosmo same as people have to do in Vegas when considering the MGM properties. It's not like people picking the Cosmo are only looking for the cheapest rates since there are a lot of properties that are cheaper than Cosmo.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
If you booked prior to Dec 3, all your nights will be exempt from $25 resort fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.