Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Not to sidetrack the thread re: one specific hotel, but the JW Marriott Bucharest does have an executive lounge. If you click on the rooms, it shows rooms & says executive lounge access on some of the room types. When you click on that particular room type, it shows that the exec lounge is open 24/7 & the type of food/drink offerings.

More generically re: lounges in general, one is looking for exec lounge access in room description, not regular hotel lounges.

People can always call the Marriott reservations to find out if a hotel has a lounge as USIrritated suggested, or if they don't want to do that, can just go online & follow the click-thru method I suggested. However, neither Marriott ressie or the website likely will be able to tell us if brekkie coupons are offered or if exec lounges are key accessible if the exec lounge is closed.

It helps if people do report back after staying in properties if there are i-net terminals or free wifi in lounge, if the lounge is key accessible if closed, if brekkie coupons are offered if lounge is closed.

The suggestion re: the click-thru being added to post # 1 is a good one, and I'll make the edit.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Old May 7, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
Crystal Gateway Arlington - April 2011 update. We were 2 adults/2 kids in one room. 2 adults/1 kid in another. Both rooms had a platinum member.

Lounge closed on weekends (although the door opened when I swiped my card).

Saturday: Healthy start (cold buffet) breakfast offered free for two (only) at the restaurant. You could pay $3 to upgrade to a full buffet. Worked for both platinum members in two separate rooms. We had to pay for the kids breakfasts.

Sunday: All healthy start breakfasts comped for both rooms. Only charge was for upgrade to full buffet for some of us.

The restaurant hostess had a list of rooms with plat members, and checked us off as we entered. We had to sign for the full breakfast charge, and then it was altered some time later by the front desk. Decided not to ask why it was handled two different ways on two different days.

I do appreciate complementary breakfasts on the weekend, and I hope it becomes widespread.
Old May 7, 2011, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a different twist on the "closed on weekends" trend. We are at the Park City Marriot and the lounge is closed M-Th since it is the off season but open Friday night to Sunday afternoons. 2 breakfast coupons provided for M-F breakfasts. No computers in lounge.
Old May 7, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
There is no more Renaissance Salzburg, Austria.
Old May 8, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
1) Lisbon, Portugal
2) Open 7 days (continental breakfast everyday)
3) n/a
4) n/a
5) one internet terminal w/ printer, no free wireless
6) May 2011
Old May 9, 2011, 2:02 am

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
JW Marquis Miami & JW Miami

From post#1
* Miami / JW Marriott Miami / OPEN; Option of breakfast in restaurant or lounge; 24/7 key accessible; 2 i-net terminals; 4/12/11 update

was reported by:

Originally Posted by fandresva
JW Marriott Marquis Miami, FL - Lounge open weekends/ breakfast/ food presentations through the day, premium soft drinks and free beer and wine. 9It is like a Ritz carlton to be honest)
It seems like JW Marriott Marquis Miami, FL - Lounge open

JW Marriott Hotel Miami is not full "open":
** FRIDAY NIGHT - SUNDAY MORNING ACCESS WITH LIMITED SERVICE ** (from hotel web site).
Old May 9, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
FYI - This coming weekend, at the Washington Marriott (1221 22 Street, NW, Washington, DC), is the one weekend of the year (every year for the last 15 years or so) when the lounge will be open (by special arrangement due to a conference being held in the hotel the same weekend every year, by contract through 2015) for full CL service. However, if you do not already have a reservation, the hotel is generally sold out by now.
Old May 9, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Sharon;

San Antonio Riverwalk is still closed as of 5/7/2011

Regards;

Jim S
Old May 10, 2011, 8:00 am
Original Poster

List updated. Keep them coming. Thanks!

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
The Marriott Hunt Valley Inn DOES have an Internet terminal in the CL, with a printer, but I have never seen anyone bring their own computer and use it in the lounge, so I can't confirm wifi.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:03 pm

Chateau Champlain, Montreal, Quebec

Chateau Champlain, Montreal, Quebec Canada
Stay on Sunday night in May 2011/
Lounge closed. Apparently usually closed weekends.
Full buffet breakfast coupons given (gold member)
Didn't check the lounge
Old May 11, 2011, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flighthopper
1) Pleasanton CA Marriott
2) closed
3) coupon for continental breakfast, coupon for glass of wine
4) no
5) yes
6) 2/28/11
To clarify Item 3 - I just got coupons for a breakfast buffet, and the other coupon was for wine or an appetizer. This was on May 6th.
Old May 11, 2011, 2:48 pm

The listed info for the Atlanta Marriott Norcross is correct as of 5/6/11, but the only coupons given are for breakfast. No appetizer coupons to be found while I was there.

A belated big thanks to the OP for creating/maintaining this thread! Such a big help!
Old May 12, 2011, 9:00 am
Original Poster

List updated. Keep them coming.

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: Status Free
Marriott Cincinnati Northeast

1) Mason (Cincinnati)/Ohio/US/Marriott Cincinnati Northeast
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) was there during week, don't know if coupons are given
4) Don't know
5) terminal and wireless internet
6) 5/11

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.