Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
1) Renaissance Munich, Germany
2) No lounge
3) free breakfast in restaurant (incl. weekends) for gold and platinum members
4) n/a
5) n/a
6) 14 November 2010
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:00 am

Here is a note from RENAISSANCE MINNEAPOLIS HOTEL AT THE DEPOT

Good morning. The Renaissance concierge lounge is only open Sunday evenings through Friday afternoons (holiday hours may vary), which is where breakfast is offered to Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members. We no longer offer breakfast vouchers since Marriott has added hot items as selections to the concierge lounge. We only offer breakfast vouchers as a substitute if the lounge is closed during the week due to a holiday or very low hotel occupancy. We do not offer vouchers on the weekends.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Miami Beach Renaissance Eden Roc

1-Miami Beach Renaissance Eden Roc
2-No Lounge
3-No coupons given
4-n/a
5-n/a
6- November 26, 2010

I am currently at the Eden Roc and have been informed breakfast is not provided.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
1-Miami Beach Renaissance Eden Roc
2-No Lounge
3-No coupons given
4-n/a
5-n/a
6- November 26, 2010

I am currently at the Eden Roc and have been informed breakfast is not provided.
That would be because the Eden Roc is a "resort," and concierge lounges and accompanying amenities (breakfast, evening hor d'oeuvres, free soft drinks, etc.) are not provided at either Renaissance or Marriott resorts.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
USirritated;

I was aware of the "resort" situation but the sticky still listed the Eden Roc as giving coupons. I was just making sure the list was updated.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by USirritated
That would be because the Eden Roc is a "resort," and concierge lounges and accompanying amenities (breakfast, evening hor d'oeuvres, free soft drinks, etc.) are not provided at either Renaissance or Marriott resorts.
That's generally true, as we know, but I am currently staying at the Bangkok Marriott Resort and Spa, which is an apparent exception (much to my pleasant surprise). This hotel has a club lounge to which elite MR members are given access. It's open from 6 a.m. to midnight every day of the week and serves drinks and snacks, including free alcoholic drinks during certain early evening hours. Elite members with lounge access are also given free breakfast in one of the hotel's restaurants. The breakfast is outstanding. The lounge has free wireless internet, which I'm using as I type this post. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Bruce
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by bdschobel
That's generally true, as we know, but I am currently staying at the Bangkok Marriott Resort and Spa, which is an apparent exception (much to my pleasant surprise). This hotel has a club lounge to which elite MR members are given access. It's open from 6 a.m. to midnight every day of the week and serves drinks and snacks, including free alcoholic drinks during certain early evening hours. Elite members with lounge access are also given free breakfast in one of the hotel's restaurants. The breakfast is outstanding. The lounge has free wireless internet, which I'm using as I type this post. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Bruce
Maybe I should have said EXCEPT in Asia and sometimes in Europe, LOL. Yes, the Bangkok Marriott Resort is a wonderful hotel, but then it is a bit of an oddity, being that it is a "resort" in the middle of a major city, which you do not see too often.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
USirritated;

I was aware of the "resort" situation but the sticky still listed the Eden Roc as giving coupons. I was just making sure the list was updated.
And thank you for doing so. It's new data points we're looking for so that people will know what to expect. I changed the entry to reflect your info.

As a note, if there's a date associated w/ the property such as 11/26/10 update the info is recent. If there's info but no date it means the info was current within the last 2-3 years when the original list was created, but no updates since then.

Because there are still a # of properties that fall into that category, I encourage people to check the list to see if a property they've stayed at is listed, if the info is current, and if it is to let us know that (so I can put a date to it) & if not, to provide current info. And if there's a property not listed, then to add that so we can increase the list/knowledge for fellow FTers.

Remember I'm looking for is the lounge open on weekends. If not, do they provide brekkie coupons. If not, is it key accessible for soda/water. Does it have i-net terminals or free wifi.

Thx!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:11 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong

1) Bangkok / Thailand / Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
2) Lounge is Open weekends 6 AM - 12 midnight
3) No, lounge is open for breakfast 6 -11 AM (weekdays 6 - 10:30 AM)
4) NA
5) Lounge offers free wireless and computer terminals are available also
6) Now - Dec. 2, 2010
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:17 am

1) Houston/TX/USA/Houston Marriott Energy Corridor
2) CLOSED
3) Coupons given upon request (depending on the agent)
4) It is key accessible on the weekends but not restocked
5) Free i-net through two terminals with printer
6) Up to date as of a few weeks ago

1) West Palm Beach/FL/USA/West Palm Beach Marriott
2) Lounge is generally CLOSED on weekends but is OPENED due to high occupancy, requests of conferences or other special requests
3) I have never been offered coupons, but I have never asked either, generally leaving before the restaurant would be open.
4) Lounge is not accessible on weekends.
5) There are a few terminals (maybe 2) did not check for wireless.
6) As of Aug of 2010

Dan
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Just want to give an update:
Denver / Airport Marriott Gateway Park / CLOSED; key accessible; 8/15/10 update
I-Net is free in the whole hotel. Lounge has 2 CPU terminals, one for boarding passes only... According to the front desk, coupons are given upon request on the weekend but I'm not staying over the weekend to confirm.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Update on Renaissance Woodbridge (Iselin, NJ):

They no longer give breakfast coupons when the lounge is closed!

What a major disappointment!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by dan1431
1)
1) West Palm Beach/FL/USA/West Palm Beach Marriott
2) Lounge is generally CLOSED on weekends but is OPENED due to high occupancy, requests of conferences or other special requests
3) I have never been offered coupons, but I have never asked either, generally leaving before the restaurant would be open.
4) Lounge is not accessible on weekends.
5) There are a few terminals (maybe 2) did not check for wireless.
6) As of Aug of 2010

Dan
Stayed at the West Palm Beach Marriott this weekend and talked to Front Desk Manager he said the hotels policy is not to provide coupons.

Last edited by roadwarrior365; Dec 6, 2010 at 6:47 am Reason: Added Hotel Info
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Which hotel did you stay at this weekend? You highlighted two properties in your quote.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton: Diamond | Delta: Gold | Marriott: Platinum | IHG: Platinum
1) Southfield / Michigan / USA / Marriott Southfield
2) CLOSED
3) Breakfast Coupons Given
4) Not Key Accessible
5) Hotel offers Free Wireless in Guest Rooms; Terminal in Lounge and in Lobby
6) 12/10

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.