Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 2:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've been in Europe for 2 weeks & not on FT much. Flying back today, so will update the thread tomorrow.

THANKS for all your updates!

Cheers.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
1) Marriott Ft. Lauderdale North.
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends.
3) Breakfast coupons are given (upon request, anyway).
4) Not key-accessible on the weekends.
5) No idea if the lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless.
6) September 17-19, 2010.

Bruce
Old Sep 22, 2010, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Fair Oaks Marriott (VA) provides comp breakfast coupons on weekends to Platinums only!
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Ok, updated the list. Keep the updates coming! Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
1) Paris/France/Marriott Rive Gauche
2) Open (limited service on weekends - no breakfast on Sat/Sun)
3) No Coupons (gold/plats are not offered free breakfast in restaurant anymore since late August 2010)
4) /
5) Four internet terminals and two ethernet cables to hook up own laptop / no free wifi
6) Sep 2010

long version:

The lounge is open 7 days a week from 6am to midnight. On the weekends though only limited service is offered which means one can access the lounge use the internet and get a soft drink or coffee/tea. No breakfast or other food services, except a few chips and nuts, are available. Also on weekends there is no lounge attendant on duty, only someone checking in every couple hours or so. As explained above free breakfast on the weekends is not offered anymore to gold/plat members. Breakfast in the restaurant is 24 Euro p.p.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Renissance Seoul, South Korea offers club lounge during weekend. Also breakfast is only possible in the lounge..
Old Sep 29, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpoints (Teaneck, NJ, USA)

Lounge closed Friday afternoon - Sunday afternoon (no access).

Lounge had nice breakfast including eggs, meat, smoked salmon, oatmeal, cereals, breads, sweet breads, fruit, juices, etc. Nice offerings which tasted very good.
Evening appetizers included 2 hot appetizers, cheeses, fruit. Honor bar for alcoholic beverages (which attendant watched very closely).

Asked for breakfast coupons for Saturday and Sunday when I checked in and was given two for each day (2 staying in room) for the "Healthy Start a/k/a "cold" buffet. "Hot" portion could be added for $4.00/pp.

I didn't see any computers or internet connections in the lounge but didn't ask if it was available for free in the Business Center.

Great staff throughout the hotel!

Stay was 9/23-27, 2010

Found out this hotel was recently sold to a franchisee and is no longer one of the few remaining Marriott owned properties.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: UAL- 1k, Marriot Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Plat.Hilton Gold VIP
Madison, Wisconsin- Marriott West

Just arrived on a Sunday night at 9:05 pm. Lounge sign says hours 5-10pm on Sunday evenings, guest book states the same.

Lounge is closed, no explanation given, "just closed".
Old Oct 4, 2010, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

List updated. Also PM'd leatherheadiowa to get some additional info.

Cheers.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
1) Providence Marriott Downtown
2) Closed
3) No coupons normally (although I was given coupons for my bday)
4) Lounge locked
5) Unknown
6) 08/2010
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:27 pm
Suspended

I just spoke to the JW Marriott New Orleans and they said that they may have in the past given coupons on the weekends to elites but that it is no longer a done deal.

However, I am staying a number of nights and I was able to obtain them so just wanted to advise of a possible change of conditions. I am Gold, by the way.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:46 am
Original Poster

List updated; keep the updates coming! Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Hi Sharon

Great work... wish there could be some consistency with these lounges! You never know what you are going to get....

Anyway just checked in to the Renaissance Boston Waterfront, and the lounge is closed Fri/Mon. The nice man at check in gave me a $10 Starbucks voucher for tomorrow morning......

Coming back here in two weeks for four days......again over a weekend Thur/Sun .... next time I will go to the Marriott Waterfront which is definately still open!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HY Diamod, MR Gold, PCR Plat
1) Peabody/MA/USA/Marriott
2) Closed on weekends;
3) don't know
4) room key not accessible sodas/water, but you can get free from front desk
5) yes free wireless
6) 2010-10-09
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Vienna Renaissance

Not the one at the riding school! That's also a Renaissance.

I was surprised and disappointed to learn that the Vienna Renaissance (near Schoenbrun Palace) has no lounge at all! That was never mentioned on the website or during the reservation process. (Maybe I should have wondered why it was so cheap!) Anyway, they did offer me free breakfast, without my asking. No free internet -- and the regular charges are outrageous.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.