Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
List updated. Keep them coming.

Cheers.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 1:56 pm

1) City/State/Country/Property Name
2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends;
3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed;
4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless
6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 04/10)

1. JW Marqee Miami
2. Open - full breakfast and hours or devours. Option to select either brekkie at the 45 restaurant downstairs or in the lounge on the weekend(gold). Brekkie in restaurant consisted of manned omelet station, amazing berry station(straw,blue,rasp,and a few others), nut station(macadamia, peanuts, walnuts, Brazil nuts, pecans, hazelnuts, chestnuts(warm and cold), pine nuts, almonds, cashew, sunflower seed, a a lot of dried fruits), and at least 5 different yogurts, and last but not least organic milk. I would have gladly paid $18($24 - regular, less for Golds, even less for plats) for that even if it was not free.
3. n/a
4. Accessible 24/7 for sodas. When an agent was present all beer was free, but hard liquor was a'la carte
5. yes, 2 terminals I believe with blazing fast internet(think 50Mbit+)
6. 03/28
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I am not picking on libuser, because of course I can't tell whether you made a spelling mistake or whether you were being intentionally funny. However, either way, your "hours or devours" made me ROFLMAO!!!

In case it was a spelling mistake, the word (or is it a phrase?), is spelled "hor d'oeuvres" (sometimes seen without apostrophe).
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by USirritated
...the word (or is it a phrase?), is spelled "hor d'oeuvres" (sometimes seen without apostrophe).
Actually, it's "hors d'oeuvres", but you were much closer!

Note that singular and plural are the same.

Bruce
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Correction for list, the Baltimore Marriott Hunt Valley Inn is in Hunt Valley, MD 21031, or Towson if you prefer, but it is far outside of Baltimore City.

The reason I am offering this correction is because I made a reservation for this hotel last night, and the Plat line rez agent could not find the hotel by searching Baltimore (if she would have kept looking, it would show up on page 3 of a "Baltimore" search at #22), but was able to find it when searching "Towson," where it comes up on page 1 at #3.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Actually, it's "hors d'oeuvres", but you were much closer!

Note that singular and plural are the same.

Bruce
OOPS! I had Googled it to double check, and the first entry came up without the first S, so I copied and pasted. When I just went back to check again, I noticed that most of the other entries, including Merriam-Webster, have it as "hors" instead of "hor," so I stand corrected.

(However, there seems to be much discussion over whether the second S should always be there or not, but I will bow to Bruce's advice on this also. It seems to me that this is a word somewhat like Channukah, or is it Hanukkah, or maybe Chanukah? And I'm Jewish! HA!)

Last edited by USirritated; Mar 28, 2011 at 3:08 pm Reason: added "However...."
Old Mar 28, 2011, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Note - I will sort out the Baltimore/Towson thing when I update the list because I list it by towns they're actually located.

People can take spelling off to another thread, as it has nothing to do w/ this thread, which is exec lounge open/closed on the weekend & not spelling.

Reminder: THIS thread is about lounges open/closed on weekends. So if you've got input on properties you've stayed at, your fellow FTers would appreciate you posting an update.

If you have any other topics or discussions, then take it to the main Marriott forum.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Mar 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt , Marirott
Long Beach, CA

Marrirot LGB Airport Closed no amenities Starbucks in lobby

Renaissance Long Beach Closed weekends, no nothin http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...thumbsdown.gif
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Cheers.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM; MR Gold
St. Pancras Renaissance London (as of soft opening)

1) London/UK/St Pancras Renaissance
2) Lounge is Open on weekends
3) Didn't seem to offer free wi-fi: when I first checked in b/f my room was ready and I was in the lounge, the only iban options were at cost. Once I had a room and confirmed that GMs received wi-fi at no cost, the "complimentary" option appeared - regardless of being in the room or the lounge. The only computer in the lounge was at the staff desk and not guest accessible. See note #1.
4) House wine and beer is included; champaign and non-house wine for cost, although I was not charged for the champaign I had. See note #1.
5) Report as of 4/03

NOTE #1: The hotel still in the "soft opening" stage and is still working out the kinks, so wi-fi and wine charges might change in May after the Grand Opening.

NOTE #2: I'll add a full trip report in the next week or so - beautiful property.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:35 am

Marriott Hunt Valley Inn (Baltimore north suburbs)

1) Hunt Valley/Towson (Baltimore SUBURBS)/Maryland/Marriott Hunt Valley Inn
2) Lounge is CLOSED on weekends (generous with coupons, I was given extra for guests)
3) I did not see the computers in the lounge, but from memory, I believe they have two.
4) I was not able to visit the lounge for cocktail hour, but from memory, I believe that beer and wine is available from an honor bar. I do not think that the lounge is available after hours for water/sodas.
5) Report as of 4/04/2011
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: MR Plat.
JW Marriott Washington DC

Hello everybody,

not sure if it was covered already, but there seems to be a change at the JW Marriott, as experienced this weekend.

1) JW Marriott Washington DC
2) Lounge is open on Weekends. I found it relatively small and crammed. Needless to say, the lounge was very full.
3) 2 computers in the lounge
4) The Bar is an honor bar, the food on the weekend was not that great. Not better than the average US Marriott
5) Report as of 4/04/2011

Cheers,
starlicious
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the report! Will update the thread. This used to be a property that was open before, then closed. So good to hear it's open.

BTW everyone (directed not towards anyone in general, just overall) - I'm not posting updates on booze being available & free or not. That's too variable & isn't in the same category of free brekkie coupons if the lounge isn't open, which I think is more important to FTers.

Cheers.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Sharon,

Thanks for keeping this list so up to date.

Under Colorado, the Ren Flatirons is in Broomfield, not Bloomfield. Might not work if you are doing a search.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.