Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, WOH Globalist
1) San Jose Marriott/San Jose/CA
2) Lounge is closed on weekends
3) No coupons
4) Don't know if key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water
5) 2 free i-net terminals w/printer and wireless in lounge
6) 7/11
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:12 pm

I can confirm all the info shown for Marriott Paris Rive Gauche as of 07/11
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Heathrow

The London Heathrow Marriott Hotel (on Bath Road; not the Heathrow/Windsor, which is listed already) is open (6 am to midnight). Confirmed today.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Savannah Riverfront dwontown

Lounge closed on weekends
prior to arriving (2 days) i called to check on lounge status for weekend and confirmed it was closed
i told the guest relations there that other Marriott properties had extended the courtesy of breakfast vouchers for the weekend to Gold/Plat
initially she said she couldn't do it but then changed on a whim and gave us breakfast vouchers for each room (3, i was only Gold member but had made all resv)
very nice benefit for just asking
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Boston Marriott Copley Place

In preparation for an upcoming stay (end August) at the Boston Marriott Copley Place, I e-mailed the hotel with a few questions and requests, and obtained the following info re: the lounge:

No breakfast served in the lounge for July/August (coffee available). Breakfast coupons for buffet at their restaurant, Champions, given.

Will report on the facilities when I get back.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:19 pm

I noticed the recent update on the Savannah FS and wanted to add my $.02. I stayed there over this past weekend and made two separate inquiries to two different employees, and both times I was told that they do not give breakfast coupons to golds/plats. This is not to say that one might not get lucky like ncgator did, but it definitely isn't something to count on.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:47 pm

Ft. Lauderdale Renaissance Cruise Port

1) Renaissance Cruise Port, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
3) Received breakfast coupon as a Gold member for a Sat & Sun EEO stay
4) Not key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water
5) Computers & printer available; free in-room wireless for Gold & Plat; not sure if there is free lobby wifi
6) 7/25/11
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Lakeshore Marriott, New Orleans: provided breakfast coupons for platinum when asked for on the weekend.
Lounge closed.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
SkiAdcock,

I see you list the "Marriott San Francisco". Is that the Union Square Marriott? I'll be there next weekend and will post any changes.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by dd992emo
SkiAdcock,

I see you list the "Marriott San Francisco". Is that the Union Square Marriott? I'll be there next weekend and will post any changes.
No, it's the Marriott Marquis. I did a bit of cleaning up on the thread & added Marriott Union Square now. In checking the website the Union Square Marriott's lounge is closed on the weekend. If you can report back if they offer coupons, or if it's key accessible for soft drinks, or if there are i-net terminals/free wifi in the lounge, that would be great. Thanks!

Cheers.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
1. Marriott San Francisco Airport Waterfront (Burlingame, CA)
2. Lounge CLOSED on weekends
3. NO breakfast coupons but they do give free breakfast in the restaurant for Platinum PREMIERS only. You charge to your room and they will refund, but you need to INSIST at the desk and check to be sure the refund is made to your account. PITA.
4. Lounge is NOT accessible. Key did not work.
5. There is a computer terminal, did not try wifi
6. 8/2/11
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:02 pm

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront

1) Baltimore/Marriott Waterfront/MD
3) $29 coupon/it is good for the restaurant or room service
4) Don't know if key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water
5) Don't know if there are i-net terminals w/printer and wireless in lounge/there is a sign in the lobby saying free access in lobby area
6) 8/5/11
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I repeat myself....

I posted these already, but they haven't been added to the list:

in New Jersey, both the Princeton (Forrestal Center) and the Hanover Marriott lounges are closed and they do not give coupons (even when asked directly).
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jazzop
I posted these already, but they haven't been added to the list:

in New Jersey, both the Princeton (Forrestal Center) and the Hanover Marriott lounges are closed and they do not give coupons (even when asked directly).
Sorry if I missed your previous posts, but will update now w/ current date. Thanks!

PS - Do you know if they're key accessible for sodas, and have i-net terminals or free wifi?

Cheers.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
1) Munich Marriott
2) "Executive Lounge" opened today - the lobby-bar doubles as such with a seperate food- and drink area for Gold- and Platinum Elites only. Limited hours 6pm to 8pm snacks, 6pm to 10pm drinks, no breakfast in "lounge".
3) Still free breakfast for Gold and Platinums in restaurant (full buffet) seven days a week
4) No
5) Free usage of business center for everyone, three iMacs including printers
6) 8/10/11

FWIW: The hotel still searches for options to provide executive lounge service to Elites since their loyal guests have asked for that. They started giving out coupons some time ago and now try out the buffet-at-lobby-bar concept.

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.