Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
For what it's worth, the NYC Marriott Marquis CL was open on the Sun eve/Mon morning of July 3/4. I was worried that since July 4 is a legal holiday, it would fall in the gray area of "normal hours operation," and be closed without breakfast coupons being available for the restaurant.

The crowds were more family-oriented than business (as you would expect). As has been noted elsewhere, bottled water is now gone - only cans of soda (and small bottles of sparking water) are available in the fridge. When closed over the weekend the lounge is NOT accessible via key-card for those items.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
1) Hartford/Windsor CT Airport
2) No;
3) Yes; Plus free drink/appetizer coupon for restaurant
4) No;
5) NA
6) 7/11
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
1) Rome/Italy/Rome Park Marriott
2) Open
3) Breakfast coupons given anyway as the lounge is too small for breakfast for weekdays and weekends
4) Key accessible at weekends with a variety of soft drinks (nobody working the desk)
5) Wireless in addition to two terminals
6) 07/11
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by wiskaway
Wentworth by the Sea, Portsmouth, New Hampshire

Lounge closed on weekends (could go in and get bottled water)

No coupons for breakfast on weekend

Stay June 2011
I called the hotel last week and was told that breakfast coupons are provided for platinum members on weekends.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
1) Dallas/TX/DFW Marriott South
2) Closed
3) Coupons if requested
4) No, locked after 10pm weekdays and locked on weekends
5) Internet terminal
6) As of 7/10/2011
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
1) Portland/OR/Marriott City Center
2) Closed
3) Coupons
4) No, locked after 10pm weekdays and locked on weekends
5) Internet terminal+printer & wireless
6) As of 7/4/2011
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
* Munich / Marriott / No lounge; Full breakfast everyday; 7/11 update; (12/09) Gold and Platinum members could use the terminals in the business center (on the ground floor near the restaurant) for gratis internet access.
Short update on this: Gold and Platinum members get a coupon for a free appetizer plus drink for each day of their stay to be choosen from a special menu - something like a salad with grilled chicken, Tomato soup with side salad, Coconut shrimp or Chicken wings.

In addition on my most recent stays here I have received an upgrade to a room with free usage of the mini bar, however this is an on/off thing - my colleague just got told that the mini bar in his suite is not included, while I have had serveral items out of my mini-bar without any charge appearing on my account at the very same time. So the free mini bar is a YMMV thing...maybe this is something they extend to frequent guests only (stay here weekly for two to three nights).

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
1) Arlington/VA/Crystal Gateway
2) Opens at 5 pm Sunday
3) Automatic free "normal" buffet. Upcharge only if you want the "better" one. (That's where the $3.27 comes from)
4) No change
5) Didn't check
6) As of 7/16/2011
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Due to thunderstorm had no power for 3 days. Will update the list. Keep them coming.

Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Milan Marriott

Hi Sharon,

Here's the scoop on the Milan Marriott, validated today.

- Lounge open on weekend for soft drinks, coffee, tea. No attendant (It's not much of a lounge at all)

- Coupon provided for full buffet breakfast

- Passcode provided for Internet access. Note: if you have multiple devices to connect, you will need to request multiple passcodes, which are provided without hassle.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:55 am
Original Poster

List now updated. Thanks for the updates! Keep them coming.

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Tampa Marriott Westshore, no longer giving weekend coupons for breakfast. Booked my dad in their this weekend, July 15-17, 2011. Check in mentioned it was 'a recent Marriott policy change'.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
1) Tblisi/Georgia/Tblisi Marriott
2) Open 24/7 hours with key card
3) Breakfast at weekends, basic american fare
4) Key accessible at weekends with a variety of soft drinks 24/7
5) Wireless in addition to two terminals
6) 07/11
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

List updated.

Also I added ** All Marriott rewards members receive free in-room internet at JW, Marriott hotels/resorts, Renaissance & Courtyards in XX **, with XX being the Asia Pacific countries that Marriott listed in its May '11 implementation of the policy.

Please note that the free i-net or wifi in the lounge remains part of the lounge information requested because not everyone travels w/ laptop for in-room access, especially when on holiday.

I also updated a few countries properties that either weren't listed or hadn't been updated in a while (Guam, Ireland, Honduras, Turkey, Ecuador). I went off the hotels' websites, so would still appreciate any input FTers have after staying at them.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jul 20, 2011 at 2:36 pm
Old Jul 21, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by aacharya
1) Arlington/VA/Crystal Gateway
2) Opens at 5 pm Sunday
3) Automatic free "normal" buffet. Upcharge only if you want the "better" one. (That's where the $3.27 comes from)
4) No change
5) Didn't check
6) As of 7/16/2011
#5) None.. was there this week (as of 7/20)and none available; only thing they had was a BP printing machine near the concierge desk in the main lobby

Hours

Opens 5 p.m. Sunday
M-R > 6:30-10:00 B/F; Noon-5:00 open for soda/water/cookies; 5:00-9:30 (??) think it was 9:30 for evening dishes.. has an honor bar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.