Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by Kohoutek
You're pushing it, IMO. Did the manager tell you about the writeup she's going to do? Anyway, best of luck/miles/points/status. Please keep us posted as to your goings on, as we're all jealous.
I actually started with $750. The manager was really nice and was talking to me. I was up front with everything, even showed her the usmint website so she could do it herself. She got pretty excited because she wants to go on a trip.

I threw in, how about $5k every two weeks? She said, "that's fine, but I really won't limit you on how much you bring in - seriously." I said, (jokingly) "20k a week it is!" and she said "yeah that's fine too! It doesn't bother me at all. We ship coins all the time. Just pile em on!"

She won't file any reports because I told her what/why/how I'm doing this. She's also in her late 20's/early 30's and isn't so concerned with the costs of shipping coins.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by jdivenere
I actually started with $750. The manager was really nice and was talking to me. I was up front with everything, even showed her the usmint website so she could do it herself. She got pretty excited because she wants to go on a trip.

I threw in, how about $5k every two weeks? She said, "that's fine, but I really won't limit you on how much you bring in - seriously." I said, (jokingly) "20k a week it is!" and she said "yeah that's fine too! It doesn't bother me at all. We ship coins all the time. Just pile em on!"

She won't file any reports because I told her what/why/how I'm doing this. She's also in her late 20's/early 30's and isn't so concerned with the costs of shipping coins.
Wow! All I can say is: WOW! You may be the new mrpickles, if you keep this up!

Thanks for sharing! Dang, I'm jealous! I'm sweating over tiny coin deposits (roll-eyes) (big grin).
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by channa
The nuance is whether or not the charge has posted.

OK:
Charge $5K
$5K charge posts
Pay $5K before the bill gets cut.

NOT OK:
Charge $5K
Pay $5K before the charge posts
$5K charge posts

NOT OK:
Pay $5K for the hell of it
Charge $5K
$5K charge posts
Why?

Not that I do it with coins, but on my everyday normal purchases, as soon as I buy something, I do an online bill pay in order to stay current and not miss anything so I can have a zero bill each month.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by pkerr
Why?

Not that I do it with coins, but on my everyday normal purchases, as soon as I buy something, I do an online bill pay in order to stay current and not miss anything so I can have a zero bill each month.
Your activity doesn't improve your credit scores, IMO. I wouldn't do what you're doing, except after running up a number of balances, letting them post on the credit bureaus, and then paying off the balances. And, wait for a while. Your scores will improve. But, what do I know? I'm just a baby duck. Anyway, your, and my post to your post, has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this RIDIKILIS thread.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:21 am

Wow! All I can say is: WOW! You may be the new mrpickles, if you keep this up!

Thanks for sharing! Dang, I'm jealous! I'm sweating over tiny coin deposits (roll-eyes) (big grin).
So how much does Mr. Pickles do??
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:31 am

So how much does Mr. Pickles do??
<snuck> Where have you been? I don't have the authority to speak for THE mrpickles, and maybe he'll weigh in to this entertaining/annoying thread, but you should keep up with you're doing. And, don't worry about mrpickles. You have a good thing going, jdivernere.

Do you have photos of your activity to upload for us to view? It would be helpful to discern your credibility, no offense. Yes/no?

Last edited by Kohoutek; Oct 7, 2009 at 11:40 am
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Your activity doesn't improve your credit scores, IMO. I wouldn't do what you're doing, except after running up a number of balances, letting them post on the credit bureaus, and then paying off the balances. And, wait for a while. Your scores will improve.
The problem with waiting for the bill and then paying is that it hits your credit utilization factor which will lower your score.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by deant
The problem with waiting for the bill and then paying is that it hits your credit utilization factor which will lower your score.
deant, I'm one of your biggest fans. But, I think you misread what I was saying, if I may respectfully say so. And, we're WAY OT, IMO.

deant, what exactly are you doing with the coin thing, may I ask? You're savvy, so us youngins would like to hear your latest spin. Thanks.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Oct 7, 2009 at 11:55 am
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:55 am

<snuck> Where have you been? I don't have the authority to speak for THE mrpickles, and maybe he'll weigh in to this entertaining/annoying thread, but you should keep up with you're doing. And, don't worry about mrpickles. You have a good thing going, jdivernere.

Do you have photos of your activity to upload for us to view? It would be helpful to discern your credibility, no offense. Yes/no?
Sure, I'll take a photo tonight. Just got in another 17.5K today.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:06 pm

Sure, I'll take a photo tonight. Just got in another 17.5K today.
^ jdivenere ^

I'm about to pee in my pants waiting for the photos.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:09 pm

^ jdivenere ^

I'm about to pee in my pants waiting for the photos.
Haha, just don't send in a photo of that.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
"20k a week it is!"

I thought the limit was 5k NA and 500 for each president? How can you do 20k a week?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by AA_CPA
I thought the limit was 5k NA and 500 for each president? How can you do 20k a week?
Yes, 500 for each president, but I don't believe there is a limit for NA? I've been ordering them in lots of $10k and haven't had any orders rejected yet.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by AA_CPA
You're just a baby, AA_CPA, . Why don't you spend some time perusing the coin site? You'll find the answer to your question. Advice: better line up how you'll do the deposits. Good luck. Use your CPA head, this is a dangerous game. Let us know your experience.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
You're just a baby, AA_CPA, , why don't you spend some time perusing the coin site? You'll find the answer to your question. Advice: better line up how you'll do the deposits. Good luck. Let us know your experience.
Actually, I've spoken to a number of businesses, and they said they'd take coins and trade me paper money...

I checked the FT sticky though, and it says 5k limit for NA....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.