Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:08 pm

A waste of energy...

This effort is a waste of energy in several respects...
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:29 pm

the fact that our coin-buying activity results in waste (energy, plastic, paper, etc) should not absolve us of the responsibility to compensate where we can.

while the plastic trays may be recyclable, the boxes certainly are.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by streetbystreet
...but it earns us lots of points and miles
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:45 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
The dummies at Consumerist posted this. Order now before your orders get backordered, or, more likely, the jig is up.

http://consumerist.com/5376877/free-...scam-or-gamble
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by streetbystreet
I have several close friends from FT. Every once in a while, even I wonder what they are thinking with their travel plans. And we are kindred spirits.

I quit asking why several years ago.

This is not one of those moments however.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dkelly1110
The dummies at Consumerist posted this. Order now before your orders get backordered, or, more likely, the jig is up.

HAHA
Just the beginning..........
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Every time I place an order and get to the "How Did You Hear About This Product" drop down menu, a smile comes on my face .....
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Seems like a lot of people are calling this a scam. I can't wait until they start posting all the pics some members have published here in the future articles. Whoops.

http://www.mainstreet.com/article/sm...am-scam?page=2
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:13 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
While everyone wants to reduce their carbon footprint, let's not get too far off the core topic. UPS is a material part of the Coin program, but try to keep that part of the discussion also focused on how it affects buyers.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
miles have a value. Time is money but you can get away with things and still not lose money. A lunch break, a day out of work, some time at night whilst watching TV, or even being George Costanza at the office and still getting paid for it... This is when many here work on mile-dum.

Alls I know is that the use of DL miles saved my family and I over $5,000 in cash. Having miles allowed us to do it for time and effort, but most of that is fun anyway because this stuff is a hobby and it excites me.

I even had a friend tell me that he thinks the amount of effort I spend is more that it is saving me. Months later he was also asking me about that coin deal.

Oh it will end though.

As for pics... You can load photos onto tinypic.com or photobucket. Maybe next time I make an order I will do that and put up some links, or put the pictures into shutterfly.com and post a link to that here as well.

MM
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:36 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by dkelly1110

Most of these people can't wrap their brains around this deal...which is a good thing. Heck, even the writer calls them $1 gold coins.

We've laid this deal out to numerous friends (not in our banking area ) and even though some of them have decent rewards cards (due to our prodding), not one friend has even placed one order for as little as $250.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Originally Posted by drumdrum
HAHA
Just the beginning..........
Ever find that 20K?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:35 pm
Original Member

Frustrating that these blogger (not journalistic) articles don't mention the benefits of reducing the production of $1 bills.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
Most of these people can't wrap their brains around this deal...which is a good thing. Heck, even the writer calls them $1 gold coins.

We've laid this deal out to numerous friends (not in our banking area ) and even though some of them have decent rewards cards (due to our prodding), not one friend has even placed one order for as little as $250.
I second this. Most people are just too damn dumb lazy to do this correctly. And credit cards are going to LOVE charging 29% interest when these people forget they have to pay the FULL bill on-time.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Andy2
Frustrating that these blogger (not journalistic) articles don't mention the benefits of reducing the production of $1 bills.
Nor the fact that the banks are just shipping, for the most part, the coins to the Fed, or the cost that the Mint pays to ship the coins out overnight.

You are right, he forgot to add a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.