Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 5:45 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Talking

Originally Posted by brasov02
"Pride goeth before the fall" anyone?
And you would probably be very surprised mrpick. Unlike yourself, there are many of us out here who go about our miles-collecting business quietly and prefer not to stir up a bunch of attention which, as we all know, usually only harms everyone eventually. Our mottos are "Speak softly (or better yet, not at all) and carry a huge loads of coins."
But that's obviously pretty difficult for many around here, often to the detriment of the rest of us. Darn it.
WHATEVER!

I don't post about "every" deposit of mine, but I am still doing >$80k a week and I will not keep quite about it.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mrpickles
WHATEVER!

I don't post about "every" deposit of mine, but I am still doing >$80k a week and I will not keep quite about it.
Based on the way this thread is going, and the greed of some people, I am starting to agree with DrumDrum.

Last edited by deant; Oct 7, 2009 at 6:54 pm
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

“Being interesting has been replaced by being identifiable.”
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:46 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
While I'm not one to boast about my coin exploits, I can't see how mrpickles' posts will have any effect on the program.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:49 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
The Mint is not now showing NA’s as “backordered”. However, my outstanding order is still showing as “backordered”?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by ned
The Mint is not now showing NA’s as “backordered”. However, my outstanding order is still showing as “backordered”?
It should change to "in process" shortly. They recently came out of backorder -- must have minted some new coins heh.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:57 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by chewy3
It should change to "in process" shortly. They recently came out of backorder -- must have minted some new coins heh.
I do show "in process". However, dropping to the bottom of the page shows "backordered" with a 10-22 delivery date.

Just trying to figure out when to order more.

Last edited by ned; Oct 7, 2009 at 6:58 pm Reason: spelling
Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by chewy3
While I'm not one to boast about my coin exploits, I can't see how mrpickles' posts will have any effect on the program.
I agree. I could order 10 gazillion and it would not make any difference in the program, other than increasing the backorder time.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:02 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
BoA got grouchy today.

So typically I pre-bag my coins and deposit them at BoA (typically 5 figures a deposit) without any issues. BoA would then take the coins, ship them out and then credit my account within 2-4 business days.

However when I went in today I was told that they've changed their policy: now they charge a fee/bag (but did not know what the fee was ) and said it would take 4-6 weeks for it to credit to my account. x2

Anyways I've got other banks to use but I'm a bit surprised by this. I don't mind paying a fee/bag (another bank in the IAH area charges me $3/bag of 2k as that's what they're charged to ship it) but I'm a bit put off by "we don't know what the fee is."

Life goes on and looks like tomorrow and Friday are going to be taken up by dumping coins.

What a life.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
BofA sucks about coins! Long Live Chase!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
BofA sucks about coins! Long Live Chase!
I've had no problems with BofA or Citi - they both take the small boxes opened. I was recently told it takes one of their employees 2 hours to prepare $5k for shipment, but the Citi branches around me are always empty; I read a WSJ article that they will probably be scaling back to 5 focus cities and closing most of the their other branches (but I would expect this to take a while).
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
So I went to my neighborhood bank today with a deposit and apologized for only bringing a Dovebar chocolate. The response, "You don’t have to do that, you’re keeping me working and having a job!"
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
I am still doing >$80k a week
Some people give their postman/UPS person a plate of cookies for Christmas. I think you should buy yours a pony.

I am all for making deals last by keeping things quiet.

However, I just don't see the mint monitoring FT threads the way expedia does.

Please let us know when you hit $1,000,000.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
WHATEVER!

I wasn't telling you to be quite (quiet) about it. I'm just saying there are definitely people out there doing as much or more than you but just don't feel the need to get on a mountain and shout it out to the world.
And, duh, of course ONE loud person isn't going to shorten the life of one of these deals but it often doesn't take too many to do just that as anyone who has visited these boards can see.
Anyway, your $80K/wk is nothing to sneeze at but I know it doesn't make you the king of this particular hill. Trust me. But keep up the great effort!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
For those of you who asked, here is the shipment I received today.

$17.5k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.