Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yanxfann
Rules:

Amount limits:
1. $20 minimum load

2. $1,000 maximum per rolling 24 hours ($999 for AZ NM)
3. $7,000 maximum per rolling 7 days
4. $10,000 maximum per calendar month (formerly $20K; mixed DPs, T&C states calendar month but FTers state rolling 30 days)

Frequency limits:
5. 4 individual loads per rolling 24 hours

6. 7 individual loads per rolling 7 days
7. 20 loads per rolling 30 days.

WM limits:
8. 3 GCs max per transaction

https://www.discover.com/online-bank...cking-account/
Print Wikipost

Discover Checking Loaded at Walmart

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2023, 12:17 am

$99. $100. Doesn't matter. WM lets any debit go through for $99 because it's insignificant. Nobody is playing this game to MS $100 at a time. If people are buying staples cards, it's because they have a strategy. What you're doing ain't it. I don't even have a staples, I don't touch metas.

Here's the last thread of people trying to dump this crap after the last crackdown.
Ongoing MS Gebit BHN breakdown
danpeake, msp3 and Idk like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 5:42 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jeffersun
$99. $100. Doesn't matter. WM lets any debit go through for $99 because it's insignificant. Nobody is playing this game to MS $100 at a time. If people are buying staples cards, it's because they have a strategy. What you're doing ain't it. I don't even have a staples, I don't touch metas.

Here's the last thread of people trying to dump this crap after the last crackdown.
Ongoing MS Gebit BHN breakdown
It's been pretty consistent but randomly stopped working for me :/
Old May 31, 2023, 12:16 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
DP: Just got a $101 swipe to go through and 2x $99
Old May 31, 2023, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by churns
I've been loading $500 with 1 $500 VGC no problem. I haven't tried loading $1,000 with 2x $500 VGC because I'm worried that 2 swipes will give it away that it's a VGC. Am I being paranoid, or should I stick with 1 VGC?

If it's fine to try loading $1,000, how are the steps different? Do I say I want to load $1,000 when they ask how much, and do I say I want to do split payment $500 each?
YMMV - All depends on cashier.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:18 pm

discover will soon figure out the game of MS.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:48 am

Just ordered first Discover checking debit card. Will get here in 5-7 days I suppose. I’m new to MS but actually hoping to use this to pay actual bills with checks but earn the points. Hoping to get the 5X w Chase Ink Cash so wondering: should the Everywhere cards (dining, grocery, style) that have been reported to work for MO at WM also work for loading Discover checking card at WM? Or is that not likely? If that does work then I’ll hope to buy the Everywhere cards at the next OM/OD sale and try…
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:20 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by noahjg
Just ordered first Discover checking debit card. Will get here in 5-7 days I suppose. I’m new to MS but actually hoping to use this to pay actual bills with checks but earn the points. Hoping to get the 5X w Chase Ink Cash so wondering: should the Everywhere cards (dining, grocery, style) that have been reported to work for MO at WM also work for loading Discover checking card at WM? Or is that not likely? If that does work then I’ll hope to buy the Everywhere cards at the next OM/OD sale and try…
Anything that works for MO at WM will also work for loading
danpeake, liw5215 and Idk like this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by noahjg
... should the Everywhere cards (dining, grocery, style) that have been reported to work for MO at WM also work for loading Discover checking card at WM? Or is that not likely?
Check if the card is serviced by Blackhawk Network -- in fine print on the card or the package. If that's the case, it's not a good candidate to use for WM money services.
lowkeyflyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Check if the card is serviced by Blackhawk Network -- in fine print on the card or the package. If that's the case, it's not a good candidate to use for WM money services.
Counter DP:

I've gotten $200 swipes to go through MB BHN VGCs
Joanneganda18 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:35 pm

Thumbs down

Tried and failed with Sutton Bank and Pathward debit cards.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:50 pm

Do we have any DPs on shutdown due to heavy MS on discover checking account?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by st0ne
Do we have any DPs on shutdown due to heavy MS on discover checking account?
What's "heavy MS" on discover checking? The 1% rebate is subject to a low cap. Consistently hitting that cap can bring intermittent freezes.
Loading at WM is also subject to several caps. Judging from this thread, it's more likely to be throttled by loading errors than hitting those caps.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
What's "heavy MS" on discover checking? The 1% rebate is subject to a low cap. Consistently hitting that cap can bring intermittent freezes.
Loading at WM is also subject to several caps. Judging from this thread, it's more likely to be throttled by loading errors than hitting those caps.
Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Codename47
Tried and failed with Sutton Bank and Pathward debit cards.
It's the servicer that matters.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
It's the servicer that matters.
What other servicers besides BHN and IC are there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.