Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yanxfann
Rules:

Amount limits:
1. $20 minimum load

2. $1,000 maximum per rolling 24 hours ($999 for AZ NM)
3. $7,000 maximum per rolling 7 days
4. $10,000 maximum per calendar month (formerly $20K; mixed DPs, T&C states calendar month but FTers state rolling 30 days)

Frequency limits:
5. 4 individual loads per rolling 24 hours

6. 7 individual loads per rolling 7 days
7. 20 loads per rolling 30 days.

WM limits:
8. 3 GCs max per transaction

https://www.discover.com/online-bank...cking-account/
Print Wikipost

Discover Checking Loaded at Walmart

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 8:24 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Gitangali
Do we have any DPs on what gets discover checking shut down if any?
The main reason to shut you down is if you are unprofitable
Since there are no fees, and debit swipes earn little, the only way they make money is if you float a balance and/or cross selling you other products.

I expect that loading followed by immediate cash-out will be looked on poorly
Gitangali likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I got and received one today as a replacement for my Metabank Bluebird bank account that will soon be subject to $3.74/load in fees. What are the limits on this per month, per day, or per transaction? I'm assuming it behaves like other reloadable at Walmart counting as 1st swipe?
Old May 27, 2023, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by soy

I expect that loading followed by immediate cash-out will be looked on poorly
I just did that yesterday on a new card. will need to let them use money for little while and that should not be a problem.
liw5215 likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Try buying a WM-compliant $500 VGC (SS or Vanilla serviced by InComm) using your MGC's and split payment. Do it at a regular checkout, not Money Center.
To confirm, you're saying to take my $200 Pathward MGCs and buy $500 VGC and eat the activation fee?

Also, my attempt yesterday was at a regular cashier checkout for reference. I didn't get any option to run the MGC as debit.
Old May 28, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just converted my MCGCs to Metabank VGCs and went to Walmart this morning.

Was not able to get any $200 to work. I was able to get $100 loaded from a $200 card but it took 8 different swipes and the cashiers were fed up with me. I got a lot of error code 01 and 56 "Debit not available" and also "Debit not authorized" codes. I made sure to press the yellow "Change payment" button and select debit. What did I do wrong?
Old May 28, 2023, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Just converted my MCGCs to Metabank VGCs and went to Walmart this morning.
Was not able to get any $200 to work. I was able to get $100 loaded from a $200 card...
Did you not buy a $500 VGC using split payment? I'm not sure what event you're reporting.
Old May 28, 2023, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Did you not buy a $500 VGC using split payment? I'm not sure what event you're reporting.
Was thinking he/she probably bought the meta vgc with the mcgc. Isn't staples is doing vgc this week? Then use that to load to discover at Walmart mc.
Old May 28, 2023, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by berombeu
Was thinking he/she probably bought the meta vgc with the mcgc. Isn't staples is doing vgc this week? Then use that to load to discover at Walmart mc.
Correct. I was having a lot of trouble liquidating the Staples MCGC. It was getting rejected everywhere, so I went this morning to turn my MCGCs into VGCs.
Old May 28, 2023, 2:47 pm

But then, I had about a 30% success rate loading Discover with those VGCs. I don't know what I did that caused some of them to work and some of them not to.
Old May 28, 2023, 2:52 pm

But then, I had about a 30% success rate loading Discover with those VGCs. I don't know what I did that caused some of them to work and some of them not to.
Because it's Meta. With MS, try to stick with a vgc that serviced by incomm or USB from kroger.
Old May 28, 2023, 3:02 pm

Because it's Meta. With MS, try to stick with a vgc that serviced by incomm or USB from kroger.
Does Staples only sell Metabank VGC and Pathward MCGC? No Kroger in my area (SNA)
Old May 28, 2023, 3:04 pm

Does Staples only sell Metabank VGC and Pathward MCGC? No Kroger in my area (SNA)
You read the back of the package, it will tell you. SNA means Santa Ana? If so, Raphs is similar to Kroger.
Old May 28, 2023, 3:10 pm

You read the back of the package, it will tell you. SNA means Santa Ana? If so, Raphs is similar to Kroger.
Yeah, I got that info from the back of the package. Are you saying that Incomm and USB VGCs can load the whole thing in one swipe? Like $200 or $500 to Discover in one simple go?
Old May 28, 2023, 3:21 pm

Yeah, I got that info from the back of the package. Are you saying that Incomm and USB VGCs can load the whole thing in one swipe? Like $200 or $500 to Discover in one simple go?
If you get the info from the back of the package, don't know why you were asking if staples only sell meta. If you don't see it, then that's all they have.

Incomm and USB vgc can be loaded at the full amount to the discover.
Old May 28, 2023, 3:26 pm

If you get the info from the back of the package, don't know why you were asking if staples only sell meta. If you don't see it, then that's all they have.

Incomm and USB vgc can be loaded at the full amount to the discover.
Thank you for the advice. Is there a trick to getting Meta to work? I don't understand how I swiped for $100 10 times but somehow 3 of them went through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.