Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yanxfann
Rules:

Amount limits:
1. $20 minimum load

2. $1,000 maximum per rolling 24 hours ($999 for AZ NM)
3. $7,000 maximum per rolling 7 days
4. $10,000 maximum per calendar month (formerly $20K; mixed DPs, T&C states calendar month but FTers state rolling 30 days)

Frequency limits:
5. 4 individual loads per rolling 24 hours

6. 7 individual loads per rolling 7 days
7. 20 loads per rolling 30 days.

WM limits:
8. 3 GCs max per transaction

https://www.discover.com/online-bank...cking-account/
Print Wikipost

Discover Checking Loaded at Walmart

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by berombeu
Thanks for the DP. Where did you get the securespend vgc? I saw my Walmart has plenty of them. Do you have to do anything before swiping, like changing the PIN?
would help if taking time to read the the back of pkg
cruisr likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:29 am

Thanks for the DP. Where did you get the securespend vgc? I saw my Walmart has plenty of them. Do you have to do anything before swiping, like changing the PIN?
Most vendors of SS cards have an activation delay, usually 1 hour. Choose any 4-digits PIN at first use.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 6:00 pm

Just noticed this statement on the transaction receipt: "Reload service provided by Green Dot".
I'm guessing there may come a time when this service is no longer free of charge.
danpeake and Prometheus77 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Just noticed this statement on the transaction receipt: "Reload service provided by Green Dot".
I'm guessing there may come a time when this service is no longer free of charge.
Seems too good to last sadly 😢
MaxVO likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:29 pm

Just did this for the first time today and went very smoothly as others described. The only thing is that when I look at my account online, it shows about 15 loads for the same amount, moving the account from many thousands of dollars in the negative to $500 positive (the account had a zero balance before today). In the end, the balance is correct. Wondering if it will delete those "fake" loads tomorrow? Anyone else have something similar?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by danpeake
Just did this for the first time today and went very smoothly as others described. The only thing is that when I look at my account online, it shows about 15 loads for the same amount, moving the account from many thousands of dollars in the negative to $500 positive (the account had a zero balance before today). In the end, the balance is correct. Wondering if it will delete those "fake" loads tomorrow? Anyone else have something similar?

Did you do this at a register or at the Customer Service/MC desk? I remember loading Serve but or BB at a regular register a long time ago without any problems. The good old days.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
Did you do this at a register or at the Customer Service/MC desk?
These loads can be done at any register with a cashier. But some cashiers are unfamiliar with this new service. I understand that when the customer inserts Discover Debit, the cashier gets instructions on their screen -- and they start acting more confidently from that point.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:58 pm

These loads can be done at any register with a cashier. But some cashiers are unfamiliar with this new service. I understand that when the customer inserts Discover Debit, the cashier gets instructions on their screen -- and they start acting more confidently from that point.
I thought they have to do something first before you insert the card. If this the case, then I don't have to visit the money desk anymore. No one there most of the time. Don't know why.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
Did you do this at a register or at the Customer Service/MC desk? I remember loading Serve but or BB at a regular register a long time ago without any problems. The good old days.
I thought they have to do something first before you insert the card. If this the case, then I don't have to visit the money desk anymore. No one there most of the time. Don't know why.
I did it at the register located at self checkout. I had already purchased a MO at customer services so didn't want to double up.

If they're hesitant as this cashier was, I found that saying "I think it's 70 action code" usually works.
MaxVO and littlewinglet like this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 4:21 am

Today the extraneous loads fell off and the account looks "normal" again.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
When was the last time the Discover Checking account was open for new applications? Looks like it’s been closed forever
Old May 13, 2023, 7:53 pm

I tried to load Discover Debit today but failed at a Walmart Neighborhood store. I went to customer service for the loading. I used a secure spend master gc (Bin 525362) I bought from a different Walmart yesterday. The lady did not care about the card I swiped, however, she asked whether the card is credit or debit. I said it should be a debit and tried to swipe again. There was no option to choose debit/credit/cashback. I think she is right that somehow the register only takes my SSMGC as a credit card.
I was able to buy a MO with secure spend vgc a couple of months ago. Is SS MGC not working for Walmart?
Thanks for any tips.
Old May 13, 2023, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by albertxue
I tried to load Discover Debit today but failed at a Walmart Neighborhood store. I went to customer service for the loading. I used a secure spend master gc (Bin 525362) I bought from a different Walmart yesterday. The lady did not care about the card I swiped, however, she asked whether the card is credit or debit. I said it should be a debit and tried to swipe again. There was no option to choose debit/credit/cashback. I think she is right that somehow the register only takes my SSMGC as a credit card.
I was able to buy a MO with secure spend vgc a couple of months ago. Is SS MGC not working for Walmart?
Thanks for any tips.
Just stick with SecureSpend VGC, Vanilla VGC, or USB from Kroger.
cruisr likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 2:15 am

The cashier needs to do action code 72 for loading. However, many stores limit how much a cashier can load (some limit to $500 and some even less).
Old May 14, 2023, 5:13 am

It's action code 70.

And don't use a MC - that is where you went wrong. You can try again but you'll need to swipe the MC BEFORE the cashier hits total/card. If they go to quickly I'll say "let me try and swipe it first." Then you'll need to select "Change Payment" then "Debit". (MC debits default to credit at WM.)
Prometheus77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.