Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yanxfann
Rules:

Amount limits:
1. $20 minimum load

2. $1,000 maximum per rolling 24 hours ($999 for AZ NM)
3. $7,000 maximum per rolling 7 days
4. $10,000 maximum per calendar month (formerly $20K; mixed DPs, T&C states calendar month but FTers state rolling 30 days)

Frequency limits:
5. 4 individual loads per rolling 24 hours

6. 7 individual loads per rolling 7 days
7. 20 loads per rolling 30 days.

WM limits:
8. 3 GCs max per transaction

https://www.discover.com/online-bank...cking-account/
Print Wikipost

Discover Checking Loaded at Walmart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
I've gotten it for 5 different VGC so far.
One was Sutton VGC
One was Vanilla
Third was Bancorp Visa (my Lennox rebate card)
4th and 5th were Vanilla, one by pathward and one by incomm

All loaded fine.
Mine all state "Cash Added at Walmart"
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by cvhatton
Nowhere in my emails from Discover does it say this. Maybe in the app which I have not downloaded but nothing in the email.
It's in the subject line of the email, not the body itself:

Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by dwCoffee
Same, never seen this before.
Do you live near a US Border? Could it be the WM location you are at is showing up as a non-US location?
Technically NY borders Canada, but that's about it and I'm in the Albany area, so nowhere close to the border, IMO.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:58 pm

OK, so I logged into Discover and did "Manage Alerts"
The option seems to be:
Non-US Debit Card Transactions: If your debit card has been used outside of the U.S., we'll notify you.

It's checked.

So that may be what's triggering it, although ultimately, WHY Discover would think that WalMart is non-US is beyond me. Anyway, unchecking it and will see what happens tomorrow.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:46 am

Doesn't appear you can use BHN/Pathward at my Walmart at least.
Bought a $200 VGC from a local grocery store yesterday. Registered online, setup PIN. BIN is 43588003 expires 09/31, issued by Pathward, distributed and serviced by BHN.
I had "seasoned" it a little earlier just in case at a diff. grocery store for $3.85
Tried to load $185 declined.
Checked online balance, all is fine.
Called "mygift.giftcardmall.com" and they said it's Walmart's system decline it as it appears as a cash/ATM withdrawl.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:30 am

Bought a $200 VGC from a local grocery store yesterday. Registered online, setup PIN. BIN is 43588003 expires 09/31, issued by Pathward, distributed and serviced by BHN.
I had "seasoned" it a little earlier just in case at a diff. grocery store for $3.85
Called "mygift.giftcardmall.com" and they said it's Walmart's system decline it as it appears as a cash/ATM withdrawl.
Try $99 0r less.
hurnik and Floorbean like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:36 am

pointnfly is spot on.
Those BHNs will work for loading or be used at SCO (to consolidate to a SB/IC) at max 99/swipe. Will require pin at the least, don't need to be registered.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:18 pm

Yes, thank you. Was able to load at the Cashier/checkout (no MC and not Self-checkout) with $90 just fine.
At least I know now to avoid those (LOL).
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by dwCoffee
pointnfly is spot on.
Those BHNs will work for loading or be used at SCO (to consolidate to a SB/IC) at max 99/swipe. Will require pin at the least, don't need to be registered.
Doesn't seem to work at my WM. Tried for $95. Entered PIN. Declined twice. (not sure why)
Can load $50 (no pin) at Assisted checkout (and the same WM CS/MC desk). Went to WM #2 and couldn't load at assisted checkout (action code 70, their policy is to make you use MC/CS). CS/MC loaded fine at $50 (no pin)

Last time I accidentally get these cards (oof).
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:32 am

Hmmm, wonder if WM updated their systems?
Two diff. WM
First WM:
Attempted $60 load at Assisted Checkout with Vanilla VGC issued by Pathward, serviced by BHN. BIN 43588003 expires 09/31 (was working for $60 and under the past few days)
Declined.
Tried WM #2 at MC for $50 Declined.
Online shows:
Purchase Original Sale, and then immediately:
Purchase Original Sale Reversal

Then tried a Sutton VGC serviced by Incomm BIN 41181035 exp 5/32 for $470 load at WM MC (same WM #2)
Same thing. Declined. Transaction history shows CREDIT and DEBIT for the $470

Just seems odd that it "went through" (typically if BHN or Incomm rejects it, the transaction won't show up on the website). So I think maybe WM updated their POS around here. Not sure if I want to drive 15 miles away for WM #3

Edit:
Duh
I hit the 7 day rolling limit for 7 individual loads, so Discover was rejecting it. I did get a printout of the receipt but it didn't say who rejected it. Now I know.

Last edited by hurnik; Mar 25, 2024 at 12:32 pm
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:15 pm

DP:

18 days to get check for non working cards.

The check was cut on March 21st.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by cuthroat
DP:

18 days to get check for non working cards.

The check was cut on March 21st.
I too have gotten a few refunds for blocked/declined VGCs over the past couple months. I wonder if we should be pushing for a FULL refund (ie, $506.95), rather than just the $500 value on the card. Afterall, we paid the FULL amount for these non-working pieces of crap, why shouldn't we get a FULL refund?
hurnik and cuthroat like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:59 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I too have gotten a few refunds for blocked/declined VGCs over the past couple months. I wonder if we should be pushing for a FULL refund (ie, $506.95), rather than just the $500 value on the card. Afterall, we paid the FULL amount for these non-working pieces of crap, why shouldn't we get a FULL refund?
I suspect that if your card had worked, you would have only gotten $500 for it, not that plus the fee. You are getting your card's value back. In general, fees are not refundable

I guess you could consider yourself lucky that they didn't charge you a fee for refunding you the money
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Never crossed my mind to ask for the 500 + fees for refunds. You may be on to something. People getting replacement cards, I look at as a wash.

Bottom line is they need to turn back their fraud settings to before all this madness.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:56 am

Hmm so my Pathward SS VGC got fraud locked. I've gotten quite a few of these fraud locked on first transaction which is annoying. Is it recommended to do a small transaction first so it doesn't lock?
hurnik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.