FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Discover Checking Loaded at Walmart (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/2109742-discover-checking-loaded-walmart.html)

facehu Jan 28, 2023 7:22 pm

Discover Checking Loaded at Walmart

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/disco...ed-at-walmart/
It was working until Jan 25th. the GC(everywhere type) debited but credited back. The same GC was MO later. so it was not GC issues.
Not sure whether other GC(sunton, GD) are working or not. Any DPs to share?

radonc1 Jan 29, 2023 6:32 am

Originally Posted by facehu (Post 34966230)
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/disco...ed-at-walmart/
It was working until Jan 25th. the GC(everywhere type) debited but credited back. The same GC was MO later. so it was not GC issues.
Not sure whether other GC(sunton, GD) are working or not. Any DPs to share?

From reading the story and comments, it appears to require
1. A Discover checking account which, according to the comments, is closed for new sign ups at the present time
2. A contactless debit card, which again, according to the comments, Discover does not have currently (apparently chip only).
If the above is correct, then this is a deal that literally doesn't exist currently.
The fact that your 'deposit' was rejected and returned to your GC means just what you wrote, it wasn't deposited into your Discover account, i,e, Discover rejected it.

Let us know if you have any success with this.

facehu Jan 29, 2023 9:11 am

i have both and had loaded more than 10K successfully before Jan 25.

jk2 Jan 29, 2023 9:29 am

Originally Posted by facehu (Post 34967382)

monthly limit?

facehu Jan 29, 2023 10:49 am

not over limit. have anyone successfully load the past few days?

Prometheus77 Jan 29, 2023 11:42 am

Originally Posted by facehu (Post 34967618)
not over limit. have anyone successfully load the past few days?

Loaded $500 SS to Discover checking on the 25th and 27th

jeffersun Jan 29, 2023 11:44 am

Can you make a purchase with your debit? End of december I started getting the same "debit not authorized" rejections and refunds(after a successful load in my not-home state). Gave up for a couple weeks. Finally tried to use the debit for a simple purchase and got declined. Turns out I had some mystery hold on my card. Front line phone rep couldn't see a hold, had to go dig around and then send me back to tech who released a hold that he couldn't explain. This was just yesterday, haven't had a chance to try a load again. I'll update soon

facehu Jan 29, 2023 11:56 am

was able to load amazon by debit card this morning.
so the card shall be good.

Originally Posted by jeffersun (Post 34967760)
Can you make a purchase with your debit? End of december I started getting the same "debit not authorized" rejections and refunds(after a successful load in my not-home state). Gave up for a couple weeks. Finally tried to use the debit for a simple purchase and got declined. Turns out I had some mystery hold on my card. Front line phone rep couldn't see a hold, had to go dig around and then send me back to tech who released a hold that he couldn't explain. This was just yesterday, haven't had a chance to try a load again. I'll update soon

facehu Jan 29, 2023 11:59 am

who is the issuer for the $500?

Originally Posted by Prometheus77 (Post 34967756)
Loaded $500 SS to Discover checking on the 25th and 27th

radonc1 Jan 29, 2023 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by facehu (Post 34967382)

Is your account still open? Can you make deposits and withdrawals currently? Try and see if you can do a BP.
Maybe Discover has shut you down (hope not) :(

Prometheus77 Jan 30, 2023 6:18 am

Originally Posted by facehu (Post 34967794)
who is the issuer for the $500?

SS cards are issued by Metabank and service by InComm

jeffersun Jan 30, 2023 8:47 pm

Mystery hold cleared, successful load today. If you're getting the "debit not authorized" error and a charge/refund, call discover. Note that front line phone rep saw no problems, she would not have transferred me back if I didn't demand a solution to my dead card. Back office had no information about why I had a hold on my card.

danpeake Jan 31, 2023 5:29 am

Originally Posted by jeffersun (Post 34972091)
Mystery hold cleared, successful load today. If you're getting the "debit not authorized" error and a charge/refund, call discover. Note that front line phone rep saw no problems, she would not have transferred me back if I didn't demand a solution to my dead card. Back office had no information about why I had a hold on my card.

Well, what was the problem/solution? I assume the hold had something to do with the WM loads which isn't a good sign for your account.

jeffersun Jan 31, 2023 11:14 am

Originally Posted by danpeake (Post 34972790)
Well, what was the problem/solution? I assume the hold had something to do with the WM loads which isn't a good sign for your account.

Nobody could tell me what the problem was. The solution was calling.... I'm going to assume my single out-of-state load triggered something. Would I have set off alerts if it was a $500 purchase? Probably. Considering this whole load thing is 2 months old, I'm sure there's gonna be some kinks in the system. I only loaded $3k total over a couple weeks, on a card who's limit is $7k/wk, $20k/month. I have no reason to assume my account is in any kind of jeopardy. Barely anybody even knows this is a thing yet, and new accounts are not available.

radonc1 Jan 31, 2023 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by jeffersun (Post 34973704)
Nobody could tell me what the problem was. The solution was calling.... I'm going to assume my single out-of-state load triggered something. Would I have set off alerts if it was a $500 purchase? Probably. Considering this whole load thing is 2 months old, I'm sure there's gonna be some kinks in the system. I only loaded $3k total over a couple weeks, on a card who's limit is $7k/wk, $20k/month. I have no reason to assume my account is in any kind of jeopardy. Barely anybody even knows this is a thing yet, and new accounts are not available.

Somewhere in the back of my brain was a discussion about Discover being very touchy about MSing activity and shutting accounts down for minimal MSing activity. This was a long time ago (pre pandemic) so it might not be relevant today, but I guess time will tell.