Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2020, 11:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jjangoo
.... "it's on the way, but it's running late" for items that should've arrived last Friday.....
In my experience with Amazon deliveries if this error is displayed for longer than ~24 hours there is a high probability that the shipment is lost (or there is a weather disruption). I would not let this drift, start asking.

Last edited by mia; Nov 12, 2020 at 12:02 pm
Old Nov 12, 2020, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by mia
In my experience with Amazon deliveries if this error is displayed for longer than ~24 hours there is a high probability that he shipment is lost (or there is a weather disruption). I would not let this drift, start asking.
Fair enough, I'll look into it. Thanks for the insight.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:55 pm

USA missing laptop

UPS shows the item delivered but USA claims they can’t find it so never delivered. Told me to make a claim through UPS or Best Buy. UPS denies responsibility. Currently trying to get refund from Best Buy. Still have check requests pending also.

I’m done with USA.
Brenda Liu likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Stacynva
UPS shows the item delivered but USA claims they can’t find it so never delivered. Told me to make a claim through UPS or Best Buy. UPS denies responsibility. Currently trying to get refund from Best Buy. Still have check requests pending also.

I’m done with USA.
=============
I am in the same boat as you right now. I purchased an item from Amazon and sent it directly to the address of the buying group (not USA). The package was shown delivered by Amazon. However, I did not get any feedback from the buying group. Usually, the buying group is very fast--they will contact me on the same day when the item is delivered. So, I contacted the buying group and asked them to check. No response so far. I started to worry because I sent them an e-mail a couple of weeks ago asking some questions and I never got any reply from them. I am afraid that this buying group would never reply to the customers. If a package is lost (i.e., the shipper says that it is delivered while the buying group does not check it in), we have no way to get the money back. The only contact information listed on the webpage of the buying group is a single e-mail address. Then, I have no way to talk to them except for sending them an e-mail, but they never reply e-mails.
----------------------
My bad. This buying group DOES reply e-mails. I just found that they actually replied to me several weeks ago. To my surprise, I did not see their response. Now, I am waiting for their response for the missing package. Will update when I hear from them.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:43 am

Literally everything I buy for these gets cancelled within the next 2 hours. Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.... They all get cancelled for whatever reason. I don't know how you guys do it.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by jbandy10
Literally everything I buy for these gets cancelled within the next 2 hours. Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.... They all get cancelled for whatever reason. I don't know how you guys do it.
==========
I am also surprised regarding how other guys could do that. My orders with Walmart and office depot always got canceled. Have you tried Amazon? My orders with Amazon always got shipped. Regarding BestBuy, I heard that if you do not buy Apple products, you may get a chance to get the item shipped.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Stacynva

I’m done with USA.
how long did you wait after the item was delivered before contacting USA? their website says they've only checked in through 10/20, which seems very behind schedule.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by jjangoo
My last round of Amazon orders are all saying "it's on the way, but it's running late" for items that should've arrived last Friday. These all had Amazon tracking numbers (not UPS) so there is very little tracking info. I feel like there's a good chance it was delivered but won't know for sure until MYS does/doesn't check it in.
In the same boat with two groups - MYS and USA. I wonder if it will trigger any bells with Amazon if I click the "get a refund" button for those. Have you done that yet? Any DP?
Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by reallove
In the same boat with two groups - MYS and USA. I wonder if it will trigger any bells with Amazon if I click the "get a refund" button for those. Have you done that yet? Any DP?
Well I was going to ask Amazon for a refund but one of the orders got checked in so I decided to give it a couple more days to see what happens. That one order still says it's running late so they could all be delivered afaik. I have a feeling plenty of people will ask for a refund anyway and burn the address or something.
reallove likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 7:23 pm

Amazon

Since Amazon started shipping with their own service and not UPS, it’s a complete disaster, with everything being shipped to MYS. It’s all running late or lost
Old Nov 17, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Best Buy always cancels my BuyForMeRetail orders, annoyingly.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Biged100
Since Amazon started shipping with their own service and not UPS, it’s a complete disaster, with everything being shipped to MYS. It’s all running late or lost

Shipped 4 packages. One got received in quick working 4 days the other 3 still have yet to be received in. Got an email Sunday saying they were working on packages up to Nov 4th so hopefully soon these will get received in as they were delivered Nov 9th
Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:49 pm

Used BFMR and PM as they seem to pay out the quickest. Hesitant on USA and MYS because what can you say to the Merchant if the items don't get checked in 1.5 weeks later? Won't that raise red flags with the Merchant, who will ask why you didn't bring up the missing package earlier?
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
How long does it normally take to hear back from EMB after signing up for new account. I signed up 5 days ago and received welcome email right away stating "We will reach out to you shortly with further details", but haven't heard from them since.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
How long does it normally take to hear back from EMB after signing up for new account. I signed up 5 days ago and received welcome email right away stating "We will reach out to you shortly with further details", but haven't heard from them since.
same boat here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.