Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by Clueless12
Did you submit the tracking number? Has the item been scanned and a PO assigned?
I filled out the Google Form before I placed the order. Once the order shipped, I submitted the tracking number and the order number in the order management screen.

Amazon shows that the item was delivered on 8/14. I keep checking my MYS account and I don't see anything on my dashboard screen.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Just wanted to circle back. It took them about 6 calendar days to scan my item in.
Clueless12 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:13 am

Do you have a link to YRCW buying group? That’s a new one for me.
Originally Posted by Wish2BeAnonymous
I have tried the following clubs and here are my review
  1. Pointsmaker - Best in the business. Takes fewer risks. Consistent with somepayment times
  2. MYS Buying Group - Pointsmaker & MYS use the same type of software. Next best. Comes up with slightly more deals than pointsmaker. Once they asked members to return an item. They compensated for the inconvenience.
  3. USA Buying Group - Offers the same deals as MYS. Terrible communications and hardly respond to messages. They also asked to return the same item as MYS. I don't think it went well with the members
  4. Simtec (Closed) -
  5. YRCW - Handles everything through WhatsApp. Personally, I found it inconvenient. Lesser deals.
  6. Buy For Me Retail - Very less number of deals. They offer a lesser amount than other groups for the same deal.
Stores:
Tax free state - If you live in a tax-free state, you will be able to participate in almost all deals. You will ship the products to your home and then ship it to buying groups. Usually buying groups provided shipping labels for qty of 5 or more.

Walmart - Always cancels the order to the buying group address
Best buy - All apple orders to the buying group address cancels. Most other products ships but off late, it has been hit or miss.
Amazon - The easiest. All orders ship.
Google Express - Once google shut google account of members (including Gmail) for shipping to buying groups.
Ebay - Many cases of a permanent ban. Once banned, you cannot create another one with same address.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:01 pm

anyone know a good place for info/discussion since the DD forum got deleted?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Pointsmaker Support

I lost my pw to pointsmaker.com and the site says it cannot be reset..."contact support". There is no link to do that. Anyone know the way?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Try menu in upper left corner?
Attached Images  
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Nothing there. I got an email from them recently and found [email protected] at the bottom. Waiting for a reply.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Nothing there....
Try a different browser. I used Chrome (on a Chromebook) to open the menu shown in my screen print.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:55 pm

Any more data points on the buying groups, pointsmaker and buy for me retail?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by rxgeek
Nothing there. I got an email from them recently and found [email protected] at the bottom. Waiting for a reply.
This is a valid email address for help. I did get a response with a new password..
CDKing likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by jdhnyc
Hi everyone. I've been looking into buying groups as an easy, legal way to generate spend with reselling, similar to PFS Buyers Club but on a larger scale. I haven't seen any posts on FT, except for one by one of the companies. I'd like to hear about people's experiences- success/failures, best groups, how taxes work on reselling, etc. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks!

interestingly enough, I’ve been buying and selling for the gray market for years now. Business has slowed down due to these buying groups and people accepting less than retail as payment for the sake of points.

Using some of the strategies in this forum, I’ll be creating a buying group soon enough. Payment will be made in vgc from Simon but that’ll allow us to build in a margin so we can at least pay above retail. For the time being we will take delivery to our office in Virginia and pay on the spot. If anyone is interested they can dm.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lmahmood
interestingly enough, I’ve been buying and selling for the gray market for years now. Business has slowed down due to these buying groups and people accepting less than retail as payment for the sake of points.

Using some of the strategies in this forum, I’ll be creating a buying group soon enough. Payment will be made in vgc from Simon but that’ll allow us to build in a margin so we can at least pay above retail. For the time being we will take delivery to our office in Virginia and pay on the spot. If anyone is interested they can dm.
Good luck! Why would anyone want to get paid in gift cards? The main benefit of buying groups is removing the need to liquidate. If you’re paying above cost, people are going to have to keep track of taxes, too.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:20 pm

I guess the main reason being so people can buy things with their amex and altitude reserve cards legitimately. Back in the day before Best Buy caught on I used to purchase their gift cards in bulk and then purchase items at bb for rz but we did it so much that bb changed all their rules regarding that. I’m sure if you’re buying 1250 dollar iphones with an Apple Card at 3% cash back and I pay 1225 (for example) with a vgc it may be worth someone’s while because apple also says those they won’t charge interest on iphones so you’ll get a 0% loan for 30 months.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lmahmood
I guess the main reason being so people can buy things with their amex and altitude reserve cards legitimately. Back in the day before Best Buy caught on I used to purchase their gift cards in bulk and then purchase items at bb for rz but we did it so much that bb changed all their rules regarding that. I’m sure if you’re buying 1250 dollar iphones with an Apple Card at 3% cash back and I pay 1225 (for example) with a vgc it may be worth someone’s while because apple also says those they won’t charge interest on iphones so you’ll get a 0% loan for 30 months.
they can already buy things with other buyers clubs "legitamately" with their altitude reserve and amex cards and get paid in cash. Your rates are going to need to be significantly better than the other clubs if you're going to pay in VGCs. That's a giant PITA.
jjangoo likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by beast7276
they can already buy things with other buyers clubs "legitamately" with their altitude reserve and amex cards and get paid in cash. Your rates are going to need to be significantly better than the other clubs if you're going to pay in VGCs. That's a giant PITA.
of course they can and for those items I’d probably pay the same in cash.. There’s nothing for sale you can buy now I’m those buying groups, I checked. I can buy a iphone pro max for 1225 which you can get through epp for 1224 and you can buy 10 from one store (although I’ve bought 50 at once but then got shut down) and get a lot of points for minimal work. I don’t need a lot of people doing it, but the ones who do may find it’s more worthwhile than buying a couple fire sticks for a couple points a year. And obviously I’d be asking for items that buying groups aren’t buying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.